Vampiredude1912

Lego Digital Designer keeps crashing

Hi, I'm currently building a model in LDD atm and it currently has just over 16,000 bricks in the model however I have had models with more bricks in before but now the program keeps crashing every time I place a brick in a specific location of my model and then it just crashes and I'm at a loss of how to fix it. I have tried deleting the section and rebuilding to no effect also I have to constantly save because the program can crash any time and the crash can happen when I change the colour of bricks and delete them as well.The program is the most up to date it can be and I have Windows 7. Is there anything I can do? Thanks.

Edited by Vampiredude1912

Hmm, I've had models up to 20k+ bricks in LDD, and it only crashed a couple times, but was still workable. I assume that you have already lowered the graphic settings in LDD? You also said that you have the most up to date version, did you install the latest version from the LDD website? (You'll know if LDD tells you that it cannot connect to the internet on startup everytime), that can be somewhat unstable. You'll need the version of LDD prior to that. 

Does your computer have multiple graphic cards? As in, both an Intel integrated graphics card and a Nvidia (or AMD, etc) graphics card? If so, try switching and see what happens.

Thanks for replying, yes I have lowered the graphics settings to as low as possible, yes I have installed the latest version from the Lego website so I can't get access to the internet on the program when I start up, I'm not too sure if I have multiple graphics cards I don't think I do. I have a Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, I don't think I have the graphics card as you mention apologies I'm not tech savvy, hope this helps, Thanks.

I see, perhaps try dialing back to the previous version of LDD. You can find the link somewhere here: 

If it still crashes a lot, another thing you can try is to use Stud.io 2 since it is compatible with .lxf files and also has a built in render engine. 

Hiya,

Thanks for suggesting Studio 2, its amazing I can import all my models and finally finish one, the section in question doesn't cause the program to crash I'm finally able to have a detailed Lego that I have always wanted. Thanks Again.