TheBeeze

Post up your vehicles!

An SUV

http://48986001392_deccb448a5_c.jpgWMC-5 by marvelBoy123, on Flickr

It has working front steering and suspension, opening doors, an opening boot, space for a driver and a passenger as well as a large storage area for supplies (it could also fit two injured soldiers on stretchers. The vehicle is experimental with different camo patterns on each side (some are pixel cams, some lines, others more classical). It has non functional details too such as the turret, windscreen wipers, smoke grenade launchers and a raised rear exhaust allowing it to travel through deep water. It is based off the Eagle IV and I will use it for the GBW at some point. I would love any feedback!

Edited by marvelBoy123

On 1/11/2020 at 8:49 AM, ParmBrick said:

Hi guys! Here is another series of my MOCs of military vehicles.

The MRAP and ACV are pretty legit. Nice!

15 minutes ago, TheBeeze said:

The MRAP and ACV are pretty legit. Nice!

11 minutes ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Yeah, that is a nice ACV!

Thank you guys!! I'm obsessed by building very accurate models from real vehicles. I'm happy that you like my creations. Soon I'll publish another series of my mocs.

Some mods i made to bkm mh-60l, i have more posts in instagram.

b4980c61f1ae1fb44807a12a72a7b344.png54b2b4713746c8455a9554afd3713b1c.png

Also did a bkm b-17 

8300e629a3548b64501d28cfb56eca5a.png

Nice! I am not fond of computer design programs, I would be curious to see them built, I guess they make much more!

"Sultan" Family of Light Armored Vehicles (LAV)
Oskenain Army
1986 - Present

5B7opKy.png

For years, the Oskenian Armed Forces were on the hunt for a viable LAV for service across the various branches of the country. In 1985 the Army settled on the LAV-20 "Sultan," produced by the Tundra military arms company. 
The LAV-20 was Oskenia's all-purpose light armored vehicle for all theaters of war. It was equipped with a 20mm chain-fed autocannon and a coaxially-mounted MG, with room for an additional .50 on the turret roof. Equipped on either side of the ERA turret were quadruple smoke-launchers, capable of providing cover for infantry, other armor, or the Sultan itself. 
Being designed in the mid-1980s, it still retained the airborne identification stripes of red on black to identify the vehicle as friendly to airborne units. This was phased out in 1995.
The LAV-20 Block I was capable of reaching a top speed of 60mph on-road and 54mph off-road. It was capable of carrying an infantry squad of 6 soldiers in the rear compartment and was modular enough to make multiple variants depending on the mission at hand.
NPujugF.png
cZ2bL1A.png

After ten years of service, the Oskenian Ministry of Defense realized they needed an upgrade over the Sultan, which had proved difficult to manage in the middle eastern conflicts of the time. The low ground clearance, underpowered main gun, unreliable engine, and inadequate armor forced the military to focus on advancing the Sultan into the LAV-30, which was introduced in 1997.
45Nl1Ru.png

The new vehicle featured a pneumatic suspension to control the ground clearance of the vehicle, as well as a larger, more advanced main gun with enhanced range and penetration capability. It also introduced Explosive Reactive Armour and HE grills, which increased the survivability of the crew. The driver was given better visibility with the re-location of the side-view mirrors. 
Even after the Block II vehicle was introduced into the Oskenain Armed Forces, the Military needed a way to repurpose the older hulls and therefore the aging LAV-20 was repurposed as the "Scythe" Mine-clearing vehicle. 
Q0hzT1E.png
The Scythe was a modern alternative to the flair-tanks used by Oskenia until the early 21st century to clear landmines and IEDs in combat zones. It was built on the chassis of the LAV-20 but has a removed turret and reinforced armor plating, not to mention high explosive protective grates. This weight brought the vehicle down to a top speed of only 35mph. When the military introduced this vehicle in 1998, they did not expect a service life of over twenty years. Many Scythes are still in service today, providing accurate, efficient ordnance disposal in the Middle East and beyond. 
The Scythe uses metal roller-balls to dig up and detonate ordinance ahead of advancing troops. The driver is protected by an extra-thick compartment and he sees out of an armored vision system mounted on the roof. It has a crew of only two, the aforementioned driver and a commander.

During a NATO military "wargame" operation in 2003, a mock Oskenian mortar unit was outmaneuvered by Finnish forces when the stationary radar-sighting units were destroyed by infantry platoons. Humiliated by this defeat and realizing the importance of mobile radar units to replace the aging towed stations, Oskenia developed the Optical Radar Ordinance Sighting Vehicle, or [OROSV]. Designed to be a self-propelled mortar/artillery sighting vehicle, it found additional work in surface-to-air radar operations and sweeping battlefields for enemy units. With a radar range of 30 miles, the OROSV is parked in a support role and then using IR sights and radar, spots falling ordinance, and reports correction data back to the crew operating the emplacement for follow-up rounds. 
The OROSV pictured below is painted in the (then) new Alpine Disruptive Camoflague Pattern or ADCP, which was then widely accepted as the universal paint job for all future LAVs. It is also fitted with an extensive anti-high explosive armor grate and side/rear ERA.
q7l79fj.pngAfter extensive conflicts in the Middle East in the 2010s that pushed Oskenian crews to their limits and resulted in the losses of many LAV-30s, Oskenia found insurgent-operated Main Battle Tanks to be formidable adversaries and realized that the Oskenain "Coyote" Main Battle Tank, although more advanced, suffered from a large profile and limited maneuverability. The "Poseidon" was designed to solve this problem. Built as a maneuverable, adaptive gun platform for anti-tank operations, the Poseidon did more than just replace the Coyote. It also replaced older scout tanks.
In addition to anti-armor missions, the Poseidon found a niche in an infantry-support role and was used extensively to provide advancing units with cover.
The 105mm smoothbore gun is remotely controlled by the commander/gunner, who sits in the hull behind the driver. It is designed to penetrate enemy armor and concrete emplacements. Equipped with advanced explosive reactive armor and a hull that is more resilient to IEDs, the Poseidon is best used as a mid-range support vehicle.
The Poseidon has a top speed of 58mph on-road and 54mph offroad. 
PemhAd5.pngWhile the Poseidon faired well in operations against light to medium enemy armor, the 105mm gun was still inadequate to deal with Main Battle Tanks at range, and therefore was eventually moved away from AT roles. To solve this problem, the Oskenian military borrowed from the United States and developed a 100mm TOW-like anti-tank rocket mount. The "Reaper" Light Anti-Tank Vehicle-100 (LATV-100) is the fastest variant of the Sultan to date. It can travel at 65mph on-road.
Eight 100mm wire-guided projectiles are housed in a rotating, elevating turret above the hull. It has an effective range of 3,500m. 
Being based on the hull of the Sultan Block II, the LATV-100 has the ability to use pneumatic suspension to both raise and lower the hull per mission requirements. When firing, the hull is lowered as far as possible to increase stability. The suspension allows the Reaper to rise over obstacles and attack targets in an ambush-style when they least expect a strike. 
xAKhi05.png

Edited by Lo var Lachland
Spolier formatting problems

On 11/28/2020 at 12:57 AM, TheBeeze said:

Very Nice! Flickr gives you the image code so you can embed the picture here for people to see. Just click the share button and then the BBCode. 

Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for the advice ... Done :-)

I like small cars. They usually have enough details and patience to assemble them :classic:

QuiQH2SZoPo.jpg?size=800x450&quality=96&proxy=1&sign=7f094343ebd6492df648ef596902e5b7&type=album

Edited by dimka_ya

43 minutes ago, Sam Sinister said:

Really like it. Can you get me the instructions and part list?

Unluckily I have neither instructions nor parts list, I made it straight away xD but if you want I can offer you my help and assistance if you want to make something similar, if you want :sweet:

17 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

Unluckily I have neither instructions nor parts list, I made it straight away xD but if you want I can offer you my help and assistance if you want to make something similar, if you want :sweet:

Ok. Thanks for the info!

On 4/21/2021 at 11:09 PM, ParmBrick said:

!!! ParmBrick War Machinery and more !!!

nice work m8 :)

Edited by SATSOK

On 5/8/2021 at 2:28 PM, Beskar Bricks said:

Made a HDT Storm out of lego, in gray:Won't let me insert picture, so here is th link.

Nice work!

In order to put Flickr Photos on EuroBricks, in Flickr go to the Share button and select the last option BBCode, copy the BBCode link and insert it into your post on Eurobricks via the Link option, sixth from the left.