I have to say I completely agree with Jeroen's comments above.  It is a great looking truck and the stickers work well and compliment the design (coming from someone who never puts stickers on).  Good photography as well.

On 10/15/2019 at 7:15 AM, mpj said:

Thank you!

@Jim is it allowed to publish the Lego.Ideas link here?

No clue about that, but was easy to find when using the ideas page search function :)

I have a bit of a different username there tho.

Why so cool?? Stickers is a great addition to this stunning design! Greatest job! Worth HoF, imo.

Great job! Never mind the stupid sticker comments. It is you're own creativity, and many people dont understand how much work good stickers are, and what a skill it is when you can do it well. Youre model looks good with them (also without), and real trucks have them as well. Scale model cars always have stickers. This is about the angle. My aim is always to make a model truly realistic looking like a scalemodel diecast. I am a scale modeler that uses Lego as a base medium but not as some building religion that states I cant use anything else.

I use, chrome, illegal techniques, stickers, printed parts, and 200% design freedom... burn me! :-)

Curious to see your next build!

6 hours ago, Bricksonwheels said:

Great job! Never mind the stupid sticker comments. It is you're own creativity, and many people dont understand how much work good stickers are, and what a skill it is when you can do it well. Youre model looks good with them (also without), and real trucks have them as well. Scale model cars always have stickers. This is about the angle. My aim is always to make a model truly realistic looking like a scalemodel diecast. I am a scale modeler that uses Lego as a base medium but not as some building religion that states I cant use anything else.

I use, chrome, illegal techniques, stickers, printed parts, and 200% design freedom... burn me! :-)

Curious to see your next build!

Thank you very much for your comment, I agree 100% with you.

Your models are an inspiration source for me, so I appreciate very much your comments!

And yes, I will go on with my own design freedom too, this a game and I'll always have fun.

By the way, chromed wheels are on my to do list! :sweet:

Next models... coming soon!

This is one hell of a model. Been waiting for someone to do a LEGO version of the new Scania S series cab unit, it was sure worth the wait, this is very impressive. The stickers are just perfect to. Awesome work @mpj :grin:

On 10/30/2019 at 1:08 PM, MxWinters said:

This is one hell of a model. Been waiting for someone to do a LEGO version of the new Scania S series cab unit, it was sure worth the wait, this is very impressive. The stickers are just perfect to. Awesome work @mpj :grin:

Thank you very much! Now I'm working on a trailer, but I change my mind every day :hmpf:

6 hours ago, mpj said:

Thank you very much! Now I'm working on a trailer, but I change my mind every day :hmpf:

Awesome, I can't wait to see it :grin:

I've reached yesterday 5000 supporters on Lego Ideas, so I took new photos of the truck with updated chromed rims :sweet:

img_1240.jpg

img_1230.jpg

img_1244.jpg

I still need a lot of votes to reach 10k!

On 10/19/2019 at 8:29 AM, Bricksonwheels said:

Never mind the stupid sticker comments

Everybody has right to have his own opinion. If you don't agree - it doesn't make anybody's ideas stupid.

@Jim is it allowed by forum's rules to speak a such way?

@mpj It looks gorgeous, the chrome adds really some spice to it. I am one for the stickers too, they do add a lot to reality! :wub: Go for stickers!

@mpj  can you please share your Lego Idea link???? I must of miss your posting and I don't see it...  I would like to support it on Ideas!!    Looking at it now after many months since I've see it ..It still looks fresh..   I would like to see any color variations..  

Edited by sirslayer

Dear all,

my Scania model has just passed 8000 supporters on Lego Ideas, so less than 2000 votes to reach the target!

Due to covid restrictions, I cannot expose it to Lego shows, so the only way to obtain more votes is internet. If you like it and if you have not yet voted it, here is the link https://ideas.lego.com/content/project/link/578cb75e-b72c-48a1-9686-ca35fd659d1b

Thank you again!

On 10/13/2019 at 8:03 PM, mpj said:

Yes, stickers add a lot, but I think a model is done by parts + stickers.

Unluckily I don't have many photos of the model total black, and they are not very good quality, but here they are:

20190905_210609.jpg

20190905_210558.jpg

Until now I had only seen it on ideas.

I think it's great, but the stickers not only give, they steal the well-built contours. I like it even better in black.

Assuming you build it in a different color, only the side windows would have to be worked out. The stickers are cool, but your Scania doesn't need them to be recognized. You especially did very well with the roof.

Shit, I think I have a new project ...

Congrats! I hope this set will be released by Lego. But I have mixed feelings about that. On one hand I really would like to buy what you created exactly how it looks now. But I'm afraid of what Lego will do to it. As far as I'm aware of no Ideas set was released like it was build by the designers.

47 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

It could be released with PuP or C+... @kbalage please correct my terminology :wink:

Lol.. It could be released with Powered Up motors as a LEGO Technic Control+ set :P