Sign in to follow this  
Darth Bjorn

[Factions Ep. 3] [Shell Hutts - S12 - Circumtore] [Q12 - Nanth’ri - TT] Arms Dealing in a Hutt Shell

*Your entry has earned 9 XP*

Arms Dealing in a Hutt Shell

Mission Log from Lt. Markland: On a personal note, I never thought I would be working with the Hutts, when I signed up for the Imperial Academy on Carida. Luckily Cdr. Bannon has put me in charge of restocking our arms supply. I’d rather be the one dictating terms to the Hutts, rather than turning a blind eye and fleeing to a more polished part of the Imperial Triumvirate.

Some time before on Nanth’ri’s southern hemisphere…

1280x853.jpg

Lt. Markland: One Zeta-class cargo shuttle is already loaded. The rest will be loaded onto the Lambda. This should be enough weapons to supply the remainder of the Lannik garrison... 
Exalted Kabani, the manifest states that payment will be taken care of personally by Cdr. Bannon. What does that mean?

1280x853.jpg

Kabani the Hutt: Nobata uta-sha tinka mah kikyuna. Eh eh eh...

Lt. Markland: Your lordship, it is my concern if I am to make sure the Imperial Triumvirate continues to use your connections for supplying weapons.

Kabani the Hutt: Chuba! Spee ek uta-sha Bannon.

Lt. Markland: Mmph… I will do that!
A pleasure doing business with you, Lord Kabani…

Kabani the Hutt: Jee huujah uba Spasteelya kyotopa Circumtore mah kikyuna… Eh eh eh…

Lt. Markland: Thank you my lord. Your hospitality is most gracious.

1280x853.jpg

Excerpt from Lt. Markland’s Mission Log: Kabani the Hutt seem to have an extensive network of smugglers and mercenaries on his payroll. I have only managed to identify a few of them from the imperial database. 
Cpt. Augost, a male twi’lek, and seemingly the less charming part of a gun running smuggler duo. Former entries going decades back suggests he has death sentences in several outer rim systems.
The other part of the smuggler duo, Vakál, male human. Vakál’s record lists him as a notorious con man. Wanted for participating in the Scipio Heist, whatever that is.
The last individual I’ve been able to ID, is Djina, female zeltron bounty hunter, working as muscle and bodyguard for Kabani. Nothing in the records, but I’ve heard that she is among the most expensive bounty hunters on this side of the Hydian way.

Species: Shell Hutt (https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Shell_Hutts)

latest?cb=20170227035544

///

This one was a lot of fun - ecspecially the Hutt character. I've spend some time on his dialogue to make it as close to real huttese as possible. Even if you don't understand huttese you should be able to get the dialogue from Lt. Marklands answers... The structure itself was also real fun - trying to capture hutt architecture. A snot platform and an awning made from a lego parachute... Lots of details and props... Enjoy and please comment and criticizes... :wink: 

As always - behind the scenes shots below:

Spoiler

1280x960.jpg

Another view of the entire moc...

1280x960.jpg

The bounty hunter and poor aliens being put to work...

1280x960.jpg

Some of the loot...

1280x960.jpg

A closer look at the gate/doorway, gun rack, and cannons...

1280x960.jpg

From the other side...

1280x960.jpg

First time Lt. Markland get's her own mission/story...

Edited by goatman461

Wow this build looks really cool! The tiny details makes it look very nice!

I like how you made the detonators and the Hutt does look pretty funny.

Btw I tried printing out your pauldrons, what do you use to cut the hole on it? I tried using a hole puncher but it is really hard to get it aligned.

7 hours ago, Reaper said:

Wow this build looks really cool! The tiny details makes it look very nice!

I like how you made the detonators and the Hutt does look pretty funny.

Btw I tried printing out your pauldrons, what do you use to cut the hole on it? I tried using a hole puncher but it is really hard to get it aligned.

Thanks a lot. The detonator idea has been floating around for awhile - not my idea originally.. (:

I used a leather hole puncher that works very well... Guess a scissor and precision would be my alternative...

31 minutes ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Thanks a lot. The detonator idea has been floating around for awhile - not my idea originally.. (:

I used a leather hole puncher that works very well... Guess a scissor and precision would be my alternative...

Ok, thanks!

Amazing build and Hutt! Your build is great. Your smugglers look amazing. And your Hutt looks like he belongs there. Is the sticker on Lt. Markland's tile custom? I'm extremely impressed by your Huttees. It makes my Hutt story build seem lame in comparison!

Really great scene here, really like the contrast between the dirt areas and the concrete (?). Lots of nice little crates and other cargo designs on the left to make it feel busy.

Really enjoy the longer story and your photography is very crisp as always.