@Didumos69
You'll probably find this funny :wink:
Granted, the color sensor kills ground clearance, and obsctacle clearing capability is not stressed...

On 6/7/2020 at 8:52 PM, Philo said:

@Didumos69
You'll probably find this funny :wink:
Granted, the color sensor kills ground clearance, and obsctacle clearing capability is not stressed...

Nice work!

On 11/5/2020 at 10:54 PM, Buwizzeverything said:

We have made lipo adjustment to the rocky models. One of them has rc tires also. Below you can watch the race video of them.

Cool!

3 hours ago, gregorski904 said:

put the road tyres and became some starnge looking hot rod

50766585148_7d4331cf24_h.jpg

I believe it's called rat rod. I have to admit the cabin was somewhat inspired by this Trophy Rat...

First of all I would like to congratulate Didumos69 on this beautiful crawler 

I would like to introduce you to my heavily modified Rocky mod.
I have equipped it with a quickly adjustable suspension front and rear
Three-stage at the back, two-stage at the front.

Can also cross larger obstacles if necessary.

Another focus was a significant increase in power, a lower center of gravity, and higher ground clearance.
The increase in performance was achieved by using 8 Eneloop batteries (voltage now at least always 9.6 volts).

These were installed in a standard 8-way battery holder at the bottom in the modified lower frame, and the Control + Box was moved upwards without the power supply.
I also tried to lighten the middle part a little to compensate for the additional weight of two batteries.

The last thing I did was to put a couple of austar ax-5020 on the original rims.
In 10 minutes it can be converted back to Lego parts only, then Control + Box back down, and stop with original tires.
I'm looking forward to your reactions.

On occasion, I plan to create a test drive video and post it on YouTube.

here all pictures
https://www.instagram.com/petermuh40/

dreistufig hinter, Rechteufig vorder

kann bei Bedarf auch anspruchsvoll gehört

Ein weiterer Schwerpunkt Krieg eine deutsche Leistungssteigerung, ein gewisser Schwerpunkt und eine erhöhte Bodenfreiheit

Die Leistungssteigerung wurde durch die Vertretung von 8 Eneloop-Rechte

Diese wurden in einem Standard-8-Wege-Batteriehalter unter dem mod

Ich habe auch versucht, den Mittelteil etwas zu machen, um das zu verlieren Gewicht von zwei zu verlieren

Das letzte, was ich getan habe, Krieg, ein paar Austar Axe-5020 auf die zweite Felge zu setzen

In 10 Minuten kann es wieder nur in Legoteile werden, dann die Steuerung + Box wieder nach unten und mit dem Originalreifen erhalten

Ich freue mich auf Ihre Reaktion

Unterschied Flugzeug ich ein Testfahrvideo zu erstellen und es auf youtube zu posten

Unten ist der Link zu meinem Instagram Accou

IMG_20210123_051919.jpg

Edited by Bricktorment

Anyone knows if there is another way I can pay for the 42099 Rocky? Paypal is restricted in my country...

@Didumos69

• Nrf24 with arduino,
  • 2 buggy motors connected with center shaft (: ,
  • 29:1 gearing,
  • 2-3s lipo boosted to 12v,
  • High torque RC servo,
  • 120mm crawler wheels,
  • Accelerometer hud (can be seen w/ fpv)
  • Fpv with both front and rear camera

rocky.jpg

Umm... is there any Lego left?  

Only joking......To each his/her own.  I am working on a similar (not nearly as extreme) build.   

But would seriously like to see a video of this in action...

16 hours ago, umtpz said:

@Didumos69

• Nrf24 with arduino,
  • 2 buggy motors connected with center shaft (: ,
  • 29:1 gearing,
  • 2-3s lipo boosted to 12v,
  • High torque RC servo,
  • 120mm crawler wheels,
  • Accelerometer hud (can be seen w/ fpv)
  • Fpv with both front and rear camera

Awesome. I like seeing this extreme RC plumbing a lot. Please take it to places no man can go and share some footage :wink:.

@Didumos69 great congratulations for this fantastic moc, this is my first lego rc, I wanted to do a slope test by changing the power supply with 8 AA batteries. In reverse I reached more than 50 °.

Edited by barbanera
edit text

@Didumos69 I am currently working on a similar setup and was wondering, does the cab maintain its position from being balanced and gravity, or is there some mechanism, like shocks, that keep it level, regardless of axle tilt?

2 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

@Didumos69 I am currently working on a similar setup and was wondering, does the cab maintain its position from being balanced and gravity, or is there some mechanism, like shocks, that keep it level, regardless of axle tilt?

Be reasonable.

If you want the secrets, pay the 10€ for the instructions and find out.

19 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

does the cab maintain its position from being balanced and gravity, or is there some mechanism, like shocks, that keep it level, regardless of axle tilt?

Or just go to the first page of this thread..

Lol, nevermind

In all fairness, I did revisit the first page, please forgive me missing it as it has been years since I first read this whole thread.

Still I don't understand why it is so hard to just answer a simply question, without making some smartass comment. Oh well it's what makes Eurobricks such a great place.

Edited by Johnny1360

On 5/21/2021 at 9:51 AM, Didumos69 said:

Awesome. I like seeing this extreme RC plumbing a lot. Please take it to places no man can go and share some footage :wink:.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Wg5gutj A bit late but I have returned to xl motors. that config had too much torque than it needs to have and used too much power with 2 buggy motors and fpv (: I put planetary hubs between the diffs and the motors to reduce the speed and gain some torque, also hooked the front and rear with shaft to equalize the speed between the two sides. This multiplied the torque on back wheels and I have ripped 3 planetaries (one on motor connection and two on the back wheels). Right now its using pu xl with 12/28 as locked diff and quiet happy with it. Still using it (: Really nice design with limited parts. Such a talent @Didumos69

Oh, forgot to mention. Added rear steering aswell. You know it takes too much time to make a u turn and hard to maneuver, with that its a piece of cake. Can also make crab steering (:

Edited by umtpz

16 hours ago, umtpz said:

https://imgur.com/gallery/Wg5gutj A bit late but I have returned to xl motors. that config had too much torque than it needs to have and used too much power with 2 buggy motors and fpv (: I put planetary hubs between the diffs and the motors to reduce the speed and gain some torque, also hooked the front and rear with shaft to equalize the speed between the two sides. This multiplied the torque on back wheels and I have ripped 3 planetaries (one on motor connection and two on the back wheels). Right now its using pu xl with 12/28 as locked diff and quiet happy with it. Still using it (: Really nice design with limited parts. Such a talent @Didumos69

Oh, forgot to mention. Added rear steering aswell. You know it takes too much time to make a u turn and hard to maneuver, with that its a piece of cake. Can also make crab steering (:

Cool! That 4-wheel steering is great addition! Thanks for sharing!

This MOC is so great and I'm planning on building it with BuWizz and PF motors. Has anyone built Rocky with PF yet?

I also wish there was a way to prevent any scraping during offroading, which I plan to do a lot.

@Didumos69got heavyly inspired by this MOC bougth my 1st set as an adult! 42099 instead of the zetos despite them being the same price and zetos having clearly more fun parts (but no cool wheels!).

Biggest technical change was figuring out how to route the stearing (with Ackerman geometry!) while maintaining the short length of the front axel.

Made the drive go via the middle of the turntables and improvised my own version of the front - rear synchro - a beast compared to the stock but probably has much more slack than the one you've designed :) in hindsight should re-use one of the frames to make it rigid as it is wasted on the rear suspension... But I'm to lazy to take it apart and if I play to hard with it, It just pops out a pin or 2.

Re-used the stock body - actually liked it and... I'm lazy. Can't lift by hood or trunk without some part bending but whatever :)

5pin.jpg

door.jpg

mecha.jpg

over.jpg

sus.jpg

Really - can't state how fun of a project this was! And I got motivated only by your great design work on this one!

My version in Black + Red.

800x601.jpg

800x603.jpg

800x600.jpg

800x602.jpg

800x600.jpg

Easy access to the batteries.

800x599.jpg

Removable body.

800x604.jpg

Next I will try it with 3x PU L-motors istead of the XL-motors.

Edited by vladoniki