LM71Blackbird

[GoC - FB2 - COR] University of Quinnsville

University of Quinnsville

As one of the next steps towards building Quinnsville into one of Corrington's premier settlements in the new world, a large university has been constructed. Within the walls of the enormous structure, everything from advanced mathematics, cartography, and the sciences are taught.

48867100216_a34f574bf9_b.jpgQV 3.6 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr 

There are many classrooms on the first two floors and the third floor houses the resident students who are studying from abroad.

48867299597_cc784dd954_b.jpgQV 3.7 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Out front is a small garden and statue dedicated to the Secretary of Science, one of the most prominent figures in the Parliament of Science.

-----------------------------------------

A build I have been working on for some time. It was originally meant to be a Royal property for the city of Quinnsville, but I lost the motivation to build an interior for such a large building. And, without the interior, it wouldn't qualify it for a Royal anyway. So now I intended to license it as a large property for the GoC mission 'Higher Education' for task #3. C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking!

@Bregir @Ayrlego @SilentWolf @Captain Dee 

Very nice. I like the architecture and color scheme; the tan and grey with white columns go very well together. I particularly like the work you've done around the windows and that elaborate fence is neat. But I can't quite make out the design of the roof railing.

This makes for a very nice university build; pity we can't see the interior.

Approved for GoC. :thumbup:

6 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Very nice. I like the architecture and color scheme; the tan and grey with white columns go very well together. I particularly like the work you've done around the windows and that elaborate fence is neat. But I can't quite make out the design of the roof railing.

This makes for a very nice university build; pity we can't see the interior.

Approved for GoC. :thumbup:

Thanks for the :thumbup:

Like I said, it was originally planned as a Royal property, which is why it is so ornate. But an interior on a building this big is just too much for me! Maybe some vignettes in the future though...

Wow, Blackbird! You truly have a gift. The detailing is impeccable and the overall aesthetic is spot on! I hope one of these days you'll build some of these great mocs in person, but until then keeping doing what your doing because this looks fantastic. 

3 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Wow, Blackbird! You truly have a gift. The detailing is impeccable and the overall aesthetic is spot on! I hope one of these days you'll build some of these great mocs in person, but until then keeping doing what your doing because this looks fantastic. 

Thank you! I wish I had the bricks to build something like this in person! One day!

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Most impressive! Whats the brick count?

Thanks! If I remember correctly, it is in the 15k -17k range. Not a fun file to load, it takes a while!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Impressive work Blackbird! Like others said, nice colour scheme, and elaborately decorated windows. 

1 hour ago, Bodi said:

Impressive work Blackbird! Like others said, nice colour scheme, and elaborately decorated windows. 

Thank you! When I first started building it, I started with making an elaborate window, then built around them.

:thumbup: from me. This build looks amazing and has a lot of nice details. I am particularly fond of the fencing technique and how it is brick built and not just a premade Lego part. Also the edges of the flower gardens are well done particularly the corners. I like that you have ivy just starting to grow on the side of the building. The use of only a single vine is indicative of a newer building which matches the story and the build. Lastly, I will say that the render on this build turned out well which is not always the case for such a large construction.

A couple areas of improvement. This large and impressive of a build could use more story. It also could use some activity of figures, which might lend to the story. Right now it looks pretty lifeless. Also some more views would be nice (ie. birds eye, through the gate, focused on a figure in the garden, etc.) 

You have the two approvals you need for this build. 

Edited by SilentWolf

4 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

:thumbup: from me. This build looks amazing and has a lot of nice details. I am particularly fond of the fencing technique and how it is brick built and not just a premade Lego part. Also the edges of the flower gardens are well done particularly the corners. I like that you have ivy just starting to grow on the side of the building. The use of only a single vine is indicative of a newer building which matches the story and the build. Lastly, I will say that the render on this build turned out well which is not always the case for such a large construction.

A couple areas of improvement. This large and impressive of a build could use more story. It also could use some activity of figures, which might lend to the story. Right now it looks pretty lifeless. Also some more views would be nice (ie. birds eye, through the gate, focused on a figure in the garden, etc.) 

You have the two approvals you need for this build. 

Thanks!

All valid points of improvement. Story telling is not my strong suit to be honest, never was through school either. But it's an area I want to expand, possibly with a AMRCA or a large over-reaching story of my characters.