A futuristic Harley Davidson concept motorcycle I built for the "Build An Epic Ride For The Future" contest on LEGO Ideas. I thought I'd post it over here for fellows here to check out :classic:

48859970913_bc78d833dc_b.jpg

(Above): An over the top render of the motorcycle riding on the highway. It's capable of self-driving, hehe

48860325446_fe2a9b1a90_b.jpg

To stay somewhat fateful to the classic Harley Davidson designs, I maintained some details like the V-Twin engine (which is now oversized, and transparent), the exhausts (even though it's supposed to be emission free...), and the placement of the front suspension forks. Other than that, I guess it looks closer to a futuristic sports bike :sceptic:

48860326011_31ca033086_b.jpg

I also thought that elements such as the Large PF Linear Actuators and the Mindstorms IR Sensor (which I totally wrecked it's color), without considering their functions, provide plenty of free details in such a small space. :thumbup:

48859972523_55ce3b6553_b.jpg

I would certainly like to know what you think about this motorcycle :laugh:

Did I do Harley Davidson motorcycles justice? :sad:

Thanks for viewing!

Edited by ExeSandbox
Formatting

That is a very clever design! Using the actuators and the sensor that way makes it >really< look very technical and - along with the color scheme - absolutely futuristic.

Congratulations on such a nice design.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Very original! I very much like the use of the linear actuators and the different small detail elements. Excellent! With the oversized motor it is more a caricature of a motor cycle, in the positive sense, as it does not even have a chassis. The pastel colour scheme makes the motor cycle look like a wolf in sheep’s clothing!

On 10/8/2019 at 1:57 AM, seaman said:

Excellent design!

Thanks!

On 10/8/2019 at 3:24 AM, marvelBoy123 said:

Very nice build with a convincingly futuristic colour scheme

Yeah, I thought I had nailed it with the colors as well. :thumbup:

On 10/8/2019 at 4:58 AM, Toastie said:

That is a very clever design! Using the actuators and the sensor that way makes it >really< look very technical and - along with the color scheme - absolutely futuristic.

Congratulations on such a nice design.

Best regards,
Thorsten

Thank you! Glad to know that I also nailed the futuristic design. 

2 hours ago, WvG_853 said:

Very original! I very much like the use of the linear actuators and the different small detail elements. 

Thanks as well! I wanted a shock absorber like element, and those linear actuators fit perfectly in it's size and design. 

Excellent! With the oversized motor it is more a caricature of a motor cycle, in the positive sense, as it does not even have a chassis. 

Now that you mention it, it previously didn't occur to me that this motorcycle doesn't even have a chassis. :iamded_lol:

The pastel colour scheme makes the motor cycle look like a wolf in sheep’s clothing!

That's a interesting way of putting it :wink: :thumbup:

I don't really see what's Harley but anyhow I like it. It's a good design and the colors looks really good to the futuristic look. Also great use of parts like those actuators.

Only one little detail, the exhaust end up near/to the rear wheel. Don't think it's 'technical' handy.

6 hours ago, neonic said:

I don't really see what's Harley but anyhow I like it. It's a good design and the colors looks really good to the futuristic look. Also great use of parts like those actuators.

Only one little detail, the exhaust end up near/to the rear wheel. Don't think it's 'technical' handy.

Yeah it doesn't really look Harley. :distressed:

I took some inspiration from the HD 2020 Live wire, which is kinda sacrilegious for a Harley Davidson, but I went with it anyways. :roflmao: