dvogon

[S12 - Aylayl - BS] Microscale - Escape from the Ancient Sith Temple

*Your entry has earned 8 XP (x2 for limited challenge)*

Back in the Old Republic times, the Ancient Sith Temple of Aylayl had some relevant secrets that must be protected. The research data stored were crucial to the Sith Empire. 

There was a Jedi scout close to the Temple and logic dictates that more could be in transit. 

Some Sith Lords are discussing the evacuation plans with Darth Malgus.

media?size=l

Darth Malgus: <Zsszhhs> Those Jedis are an inconvenience... nothing about our research should be discovered <Zsszhhs>

Darth Navean: The communication is distorted... May not hear you well, Milord...  We might deal with them if you wish. 

media?size=l

Darth Malgus: No, if we protect this place too much it might be suspicious <Zsszhhs>

Darth Shoug: All shall be as you wish Milord, we are uploading the data to our ship. Nothing shall be discovered here.

Meanwhile one of the Jedis was able to reach the interior of the Temple.

media?size=l

Gleygicks: Now I understand why it's so extremely hot here! The path through the mine tunnels has been exhausting... There is no bridge over the lava river anymore. It appears to be melted down with the recent activity of this area volcanos. But wait, those are the Sith Lords we found at the entrance of the Temple!

media?size=l

Gleygicks: I think you are in a big trouble!

Darth Navean: What? Foolish beings tend to persist in their mistakes.

media?size=l

Gleygicks: Really? Don't know to whom are you talking. I'm here to stop you! Don't know what are you doing, but nothing good for sure!

Darth NaveanDamn Jedi! You took us by surprise in here, but be aware of us, poor unfortunate!

media?size=l

Darth Shoug: You should be proud of your ten seconds luck. But now that is just something forgotten in the past. You shall not survive another ten.

Gleygicks: Your lack of confidence is disgusting!

media?size=l

Darth NaveanWait! There are more of those awkward Jedis! How have they found this place? We must focus on our main task!

Darth Shoug: What? I just need five seconds more to crush this insolent.

media?size=l

Niavan: No way you will survive to four of us!

Darth Shoug: So be it... You save those five seconds, lucky knight.

Jamkin: Hey Niavan, that jump is fantastic!

media?size=l

Nevekdam: You bastards! Fight with us if you can...

Darth Navean: Unfortunately not this time... But we never forget for sure! Now we have more important things to do than slicing Jedis for dinner.

media?size=l

The Sith Interceptor takes off in a matter of seconds.

media?size=l

Nevekdam: We couldn't do more... the ship is taking off. 

Niavan: They didn't want to fight this time. 

Jamkin: For sure they could. 

Gleygicks: This is strange... something else must be happening...

Spoiler

The microscale ship is a Fury-class Sith Interceptor from the Old Republic game:

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Fury-class_Imperial_interceptor

1000?cb=20150625225245

Doing it microscale with so many different angles was a bit of a challenge, but a fun one. It isn't a small fighter. The ship is actually quite big in game for a fighter.

media?size=l

media?size=l

media?size=l

media?size=l

A clean shot of the Temple interior:

media?size=l

The lava river:

media?size=l

The Sith hologram intercommunicator:

media?size=l

The broken meltdown bridge over the lava river:

media?size=l

The Sith Temple landing pad:

media?size=l

Details of the path to the landing pad:

media?size=l

Edited by dvogon
Fixed image URLs

Great MOC! I love the round 2x2 Trans-Orange for the lava. Pick-A-Brick wall? I also like your unique techniques on the temple wall, but they feel a little blocky for some reason. The Minecraft piece above the door is NPU. And your microscale ship is great!

@Professor Thaum Thanks! The Old Republic game has some very interesting designs. The Fury-class Sith Interceptor is one of the best ones.

@MKJoshA Thanks too! Found those trans-orange bricks in one visit to a Lego store. I thought they would be interesting for my children's Fallen Kingdom sets. That gave me the idea of the lava river for this MOC.