Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[Factions Ep. 3] [Givin - L14 - Yag'Dhul] [L14 - Yag'Dhul - CS] Nalas' Speeder Shop

*Your entry has earned 7 XP*

The Givin were known for their mathematical prowess. The could calculate complex hyperspace routes in their heads, something most species had to rely on droids for. This skill also made them good engineers.

800x387.jpg

On their home world of Yag'Dhul, the surface is very in-hospitable to most species. To allow others to work and live there, many underground cities have been formed. Nalas lives in one such city where he runs a speeder design shop.

800x486.jpg

Drawing up the plans on their computers, the Givin then relay the instructions to their employees.

800x531.jpg

Nalas' speeders are all the rage on Coruscant right now and he has a hard time keeping up with the demand.

800x408.jpg

_

latest?cb=20060611152400

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Givin/Legends

Edited by goatman461

Nice build! The Givin's head is an excellent selection for this character (and a fun one). I like those red trees, very simple but quite effective.

Really cool build - I love how the Givin has put Ugnaughts to work! ;)

Only point of criticism is that you use the tiles a lot. It makes for a beautiful surface, but it becomes less and less creative than other floor techniques - but it totally works for realism! Good work!

2 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

Really cool build - I love how the Givin has put Ugnaughts to work! ;)

Only point of criticism is that you use the tiles a lot. It makes for a beautiful surface, but it becomes less and less creative than other floor techniques - but it totally works for realism! Good work!

Thanks for the feedback! What would you have used instead of tiles? SNOT floor?

6 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Thanks for the feedback! What would you have used instead of tiles? SNOT floor?

Yeah something like snot. However, personally I'm much more a fan of the overall aesthetic of a build, than creative build techniques. I feel there's a little too much focus on unique and original building techniques in Factions - that's where the XP/IP is. That also means that I sometimes think builders go a little too crazy trying to achieve something unique and crazy- rather than building something aesthetically pleasing.

Nice build! The trees look very interesting. The head seems like quite a nice representation of the species.