Hi everyone

I'm new here in the forum and like to share my first MOC which I have been working on over the last 3 months. I build the MOC with BrickLink Studio 2.0 and used the new Eyesight Render for my images.

I love the modular building sets from Lego but I missed the detail level on the upper floors. According to this I decide to design and build a more detailed modular building with more minifigures than the regular ones from lego.

This building represents a classic British pub with a lot of typical details like a British cab, a London phone box, a classical English pub facade with a lot of flowers and much more.
10_00.png

The modular style building with 3 floors and an accessible roof is built on a 32x32 base plate and contains 32 minifigures and approximately 6000 parts.

00_10.png

00_09.png

Level 1 - Bar
The first floor contains the main bar area of the pub and small full-featured restroom with toilet, urinal and lavatory. Outside there are bar tables and a red phone box.

00_01.png

01_backyard.png

01_bar_counter.png

01_outside_tables.png

01_phone_box.png

01_restroom.png

Minifigures
09_minifigures_01.png

• Craftsman enjoying his after-work beer
  • Bobby (Police Officer) on patrol
  • Barkeeper and owner of the Lion Pub
  • Regular guest who enjoys his retirement
  • Best friends enjoy their free evening

Level 2 – Gambling room
The second floor features a gambling room complete with a pool table, poker corner and dart board. There is also a balcony on the back side to the backyard.

00_02.png

02_poker.png

02_pool.png

Minifigures

09_minifigures_02.png

• Young couple play a game of pool
  • Office worker playing a game of darts
  • Student can't keep his hands off gambling
  • Housewife practices her passion at the poker table
  • Professional poker player

Level 3 – Live Music
The third floor features a stage for live music, a small bar and a second full-featured restroom.

00_03.png

03_stage.png

03_bar.png

03_balcony.png

Minifigures
09_minifigures_03.png

• Punk who also loves Rock'n'Roll
  • Aging hippie
  • Piano player
  • Elvis imitator and musician
  • Groupie
  • Barmaid
  • Businessman enjoys a cool pint
  • Champagne connoisseur and music lover

Level 4 – Rooftop Party
The last level offers space for a roof top party with a sitting corner under the overgrown pergola, bar tables, barbecue and DJ.

00_04.png

04_dj.png

04_barbecue.png

04_party.png

04_security.png

Minifigures
09_minifigures_04.png

• Man enjoying the delicious Hotdogs
  • Barbecue chef
  • Security
  • DJane
  • Female dancer
  • Boyfriend of the female dancer
  • Bestfriends start the evening with prosecco
  • Celebrity couple

Cab / Taxi
Last but not least, the MOC offers a Classic London Cab heavily influenced by the "TFL Classic London Cab Taxi" from bamsham363

00_cab.png

Minifigures
09_minifigures_06.png

• Businessman treats himself to a pint
  • Taxi driver

Thanks very much for reading and I hope you like my first MOC. There are more pictures on Bricksafe and feel free to support my MOC on Rebrickable and let me know what you think. 

At the moment I am building my MOC with real Lego bricks. As soon as possible I will post any photos of the real lego building.

I personally like it a lot. It looks a lot like what it would in  real life. Good project overall. Shoutout to simon84 for building a marvelous creation.

Incredible modular building. I really like it. The plant along the wall at the back look pretty good. Good job!

A great looking modular with tonnes of details. I really like the texture you've created on the roofline and the taxi looks really good too. It really captures the busy and bustling atmosphere of a British Pub.

Dang, it make me thirsty just looking at it. :laugh:

Great model! Needless to say that the interior detailing is superb. It’s also true that its kind of hard to really go wrong with it, but it really does capture the atmosphere of a crowded pub. I’m a big fan of what you’ve done architecturally in the ground level. It’s something I also often do in my own modulars, pulling the ground level that extra stud or two to give it all that plus of charisma. I think the black works wonders for that area. The rest of the design screams less “British” to me personally, but that’s coming from someone who has not put two feet on english land for a little while. The roofline is a bit over-the-top, but who cares, really it looks jarring and fun and good anyways.

You took me back to Temple Bar for a minute or two with this cool build! :sweet:

I would buy! One of the best MOC's I've seen. The piece count is lovely! Would cost a fortune to build though. =)

Superb job! Congrats!

Truly amazing modular - can’t believe you’ve got 32 minifigs into one model!  Looking forward to seeing more MOCs from you in the future.

@LegoBuilder45, @bricksboy, @peedeejay, @Bricked1980, @paupadros, @Glumsfield, @Vilhelm22 Thanks for all your kind comments. I'm glad you like my MOC. It was a lot of work to design it, create the building instruction and to render the images. But it was a lot of fun for me. Even more fun at the moment is assembling with real lego bricks. I will post some photos soon.

13 hours ago, Glumsfield said:

I would buy! One of the best MOC's I've seen. The piece count is lovely! Would cost a fortune to build though. =)

Superb job! Congrats!

Thanks very much! Yes the piece count is enormous! If you want to buy, you can support me on rebrickable and buy the building instruction Lion Pub - PDF Building Instruction

Lovely modular :wub: I like the front of the pub very much and the interior is wonderful, too. You paid great attention to details and you've created a great atmosphere!

There's just a minor detail that I don't like that much: in my opinion there are too many tendrils. I would have liked it better if they were just on the roof. But apart from that, I like it very much. There is so much going on and so much to discover.

Can't wait to see it built with real bricks.

It's time to share the first results with you. :sweet:

In the last few weeks I have received dozens of deliveries of Lego bricks and was able to start assembling the first floor on Monday. 

Here are some impression

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg

1920x1440.jpg

The assembly is a lot of fun! :laugh:

Edited by simon84

Absolutely gorgeous building you've created! Really feels like a pub in an older building in England. You've made great use of the lesser used Olive Green here and packed the whole building floor to ceiling with detail. There are so many great details here but I especially like the iconic phone booth and that taxi you've made. If this is your first one I can't see what you bring to the modular MOC fans in the future and also looking forward to seeing it completed in real bricks. Fantastic work!

Smashing.
Great façade, back and roof, and the pub interior is terrific.
Keep clicking those bricks together!

Assembly completed! :sweet:

The long search for the right Lego brick in dozens of pressure closing bags has come to an end. After four days of fun assembling my first modular building, all 6000 Lego bricks are where they belong.

Here is the final result:

1280x1175.jpg

1280x720.jpg

It fits nice between the "Assembly Square" and the "Parisian Restaurant" buildings.

1280x1175.jpg

1280x1175.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x971.jpg

1280x971.jpg

1280x971.jpg

1280x971.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x853.jpg

1280x853.jpg

Edited by simon84

On 10/6/2019 at 10:11 PM, simon84 said:

Hi everyone

I'm new here in the forum and like to share my first MOC which I have been working on over the last 3 months. I build the MOC with BrickLink Studio 2.0 and used the new Eyesight Render for my images.

I love the modular building sets from Lego but I missed the detail level on the upper floors. According to this I decide to design and build a more detailed modular building with more minifigures than the regular ones from lego.

This building represents a classic British pub with a lot of typical details like a British cab, a London phone box, a classical English pub facade with a lot of flowers and much more.
10_00.png

The modular style building with 3 floors and an accessible roof is built on a 32x32 base plate and contains 32 minifigures and approximately 6000 parts.

00_10.png

00_09.png

Level 1 - Bar
The first floor contains the main bar area of the pub and small full-featured restroom with toilet, urinal and lavatory. Outside there are bar tables and a red phone box.

00_01.png

01_backyard.png

01_bar_counter.png

01_outside_tables.png

01_phone_box.png

01_restroom.png

Minifigures
09_minifigures_01.png

• Craftsman enjoying his after-work beer
  • Bobby (Police Officer) on patrol
  • Barkeeper and owner of the Lion Pub
  • Regular guest who enjoys his retirement
  • Best friends enjoy their free evening

Level 2 – Gambling room
The second floor features a gambling room complete with a pool table, poker corner and dart board. There is also a balcony on the back side to the backyard.

00_02.png

02_poker.png

02_pool.png

Minifigures

09_minifigures_02.png

• Young couple play a game of pool
  • Office worker playing a game of darts
  • Student can't keep his hands off gambling
  • Housewife practices her passion at the poker table
  • Professional poker player

Level 3 – Live Music
The third floor features a stage for live music, a small bar and a second full-featured restroom.

00_03.png

03_stage.png

03_bar.png

03_balcony.png

Minifigures
09_minifigures_03.png

• Punk who also loves Rock'n'Roll
  • Aging hippie
  • Piano player
  • Elvis imitator and musician
  • Groupie
  • Barmaid
  • Businessman enjoys a cool pint
  • Champagne connoisseur and music lover

Level 4 – Rooftop Party
The last level offers space for a roof top party with a sitting corner under the overgrown pergola, bar tables, barbecue and DJ.

00_04.png

04_dj.png

04_barbecue.png

04_party.png

04_security.png

Minifigures
09_minifigures_04.png

• Man enjoying the delicious Hotdogs
  • Barbecue chef
  • Security
  • DJane
  • Female dancer
  • Boyfriend of the female dancer
  • Bestfriends start the evening with prosecco
  • Celebrity couple

Cab / Taxi
Last but not least, the MOC offers a Classic London Cab heavily influenced by the "TFL Classic London Cab Taxi" from bamsham363

00_cab.png

Minifigures
09_minifigures_06.png

• Businessman treats himself to a pint
  • Taxi driver

Thanks very much for reading and I hope you like my first MOC. There are more pictures on Bricksafe and feel free to support my MOC on Rebrickable and let me know what you think. 

At the moment I am building my MOC with real Lego bricks. As soon as possible I will post any photos of the real lego building.

I didn't get - Is it a 1 set of several? 

What have you bought additionally?

Looks awesome! Happy for you, this is something I want to do as well - design digitally and then order the parts. Was it too expensive though? 6k bricks? I'm just curious how it compares to buying the regular modular building.

Came here from you other building. This pub is great, it has great touch of england. People in the comments above mention 10260, 10260 reminds everyone about USA, and your building remind about England.  

Hey, this looks absolutely great and London vibes are absolutely all over this moc! I especially like the poker table :) 

@simon84, this is awesome and exactly what I've been looking for.  I wanted a pub to put next to my Parisian Restaurant, Assembly Square and the Bookshop, and the only one I could find that you could buy was included in the Detective's office, which is not exactly what I wanted.  I absolutely love that it is a British pub and the details are spectacular.  I've personally never built my own customized Lego set.  I'm just starting to explore that.  If I buy the manual of yours (not sure I'm using correct terminology yet), how hard would it be for me to put together?  Also, I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap, but how much did it cost you to put it together?  I would be okay with leaving out some of the details/minifigures to save costs.  Wouldn't want to spend much more than $500 and not sure that's possible.  Any information would be great!  I'm going to also look on Rebrickable to see about cost.

20 hours ago, kpinckard said:

@simon84, this is awesome and exactly what I've been looking for.  I wanted a pub to put next to my Parisian Restaurant, Assembly Square and the Bookshop, and the only one I could find that you could buy was included in the Detective's office, which is not exactly what I wanted.  I absolutely love that it is a British pub and the details are spectacular.  I've personally never built my own customized Lego set.  I'm just starting to explore that.  If I buy the manual of yours (not sure I'm using correct terminology yet), how hard would it be for me to put together?  Also, I'm sure it wouldn't be cheap, but how much did it cost you to put it together?  I would be okay with leaving out some of the details/minifigures to save costs.  Wouldn't want to spend much more than $500 and not sure that's possible.  Any information would be great!  I'm going to also look on Rebrickable to see about cost.

Thanks! I'm glad you like it. You're right, it's no cheap, I guess all in all it cost me about $1200 (all new parts on bricklink). But if you leave out all the interior and tiles inside the building and buy used Lego bricks, you can get away with $500 or less! Let me know if u use an inventory list only for the building without any interior.