BrickWild

42110 - Land Rover Defender - MODs and Improvements

32 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

And here is how it looks like with white wheels

*snip*

Oof, definitely not a fan of that colour match-up. White/LBG would only work for steel wheels imo, but we don't have any unfortunately. Someone could design some and upload to Thingiverse :P

32 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Oof, definitely not a fan of that colour match-up. White/LBG would only work for steel wheels imo, but we don't have any unfortunately. Someone could design some and upload to Thingiverse :P

You are the opposite of me :laugh: I hate all-black alloy wheels

I think the next mod is to replace the grey springs with red ones, i don't like how much it sinks in the front :thumbdown:

Edited by Coolusername

Hey all! I started modding the defender yesterday, changed a few bits already.

First i replaced the back seat to a more correct position

Then throwed out the 6inline, gave it a oldschool v6

Gave it a widebody

Put a bullbar on it, still in construction

Then remoddeled the roofrack and added rooflights.

Putting pictures is a thing i still need to find out,  my pics are quite a bit larger.

Keep yours updated!

2 hours ago, twoofive said:

Putting pictures is a thing i still need to find out,  my pics are quite a bit larger

Flickr is really good for storing pics and sharing links of them with easy adjustment of pics size

7 hours ago, Coolusername said:

48851426541_de639ac317_c.jpg

This looks so much better. May i ask how you got em white? Paint?

My plans are to keep only exterior and give the car the chasis, suspension and gearbox it deserves.

Unibody chasis, multilink elevated double wishbone front, multilink rear, realistic 4 speed sequential and a few more bits.

Edited by nicjasno

Proper tires first 

1 hour ago, nicjasno said:

May i ask how you got em white? Paint?

Just random spray paint! But keep in mind white is not white, or don't bother with a perfect match.

1 hour ago, nicjasno said:

... Unibody chasis, multilink elevated double wishbone front, multilink rear, realistic 4 speed sequential and a few more bits. ...

This I like to see. You might convince to buy this set.

On 10/6/2019 at 9:15 AM, Coolusername said:

I think the white wheels look great.  

On 10/6/2019 at 3:40 PM, twoofive said:

Then throwed out the 6inline, gave it a oldschool v6

Any chance of pics of this? Personally im planning on a V8, not sure if the space is there for it though

As I do no like the use of stickers, I had to do some work arounds for the frontlights.

48860388502_5d84df4439_z.jpg

For those who need a "how to":

48860389657_ac9d1b402c_c.jpg

On 10/6/2019 at 7:53 PM, Coolusername said:

Just random spray paint! But keep in mind white is not white, or don't bother with a perfect match.

@Coolusername: How resilient is the spray paint on the pin holes, does it get off easily? I assume you needed multiple spray rounds until the original black vanished so you should have a "thick" layer of white on it and I wonder how that will work with the pins of the wheel hub.

2 hours ago, JunkstyleGio said:

As I do no like the use of stickers, I had to do some work arounds for the frontlights.

48860388502_5d84df4439_z.jpg

@JunkstyleGio: Sorry, actually off-topic, but what's the white and green car in the background? It looks interesting, you're using axle connectors as fenders, right? Can we see more of this, maybe in a new thread?

6 hours ago, vectormatic said:

@twoofive awesome v6, looks very appropriately sized in the engine bay, and the intercooler pipes are a nice touch

Thx, it fits without major rebuilding, a v8 would require more rebuilding, like the disposal of the winch for example.

55 minutes ago, twoofive said:

Thx, it fits without major rebuilding, a v8 would require more rebuilding, like the disposal of the winch for example. 

Yeah, u can tell from the pics that a V8 would require more work, should definitely be possible though, so ill give it a go once i get the set.

Still, that V6 looks really good, its quite a shame land rover doesnt use a V6 in the real thing, because this would have made the original set so much better.

Off course it will be available with v6, the petrol 300 and hybrid 400hp engines. 

Saw one irl, there is no place for a 6inline:-)

29 minutes ago, twoofive said:

Off course it will be available with v6, the petrol 300 and hybrid 400hp engines. 

Saw one irl, there is no place for a 6inline:-) 

according to wikipedia, the P400 will use a 6-inline engine, all other options are I4s so far.

Lego using an I6 mini-fake engine when the real thing was a V6 would be simply unbelievably bad design