Sariel

Turning a real Liebherr R 9800 into a LEGO RC model

Cool I want to buy the big metal 800 ton version, but is it mechanically authentic?! :laugh:

Seriously though this is awesome, epic, and wonderful! So glad to see the Technic theme getting more attention from TLG in recent years (and rightfully so if course) and this is the most epic stunt yet! Bravo sir!

Edited by allanp

Sariel - your my hero :wub:

Seriously, did you ever imagine that a hobby would turn into quite an adventure? Congratulations!  One question, was there a 'kill switch' in case the machine started to run amok or the operator decided to have a bit too much fun?

Ooh nice, I am now satisfied that the bucket slam is real :tongue:

Whats up with the censoring behind the cabin towards the end?

20 hours ago, JGW3000 said:

Niiiiiice!   What is the software at about 2:06?

Some LEGO's own in-house modelling software. Didn't get a chance to see it close.

Hi guys & gals,

I don't post here often, but this is ridiculous... ly cool stuff! I first thought it was an April's fool, but the calender says otherwise. So it seems this worked for real, congrats to all involved for an unbelievable project!

That must have cost quite a bit (time spent on this and I guess renting the real machine does not come for free either), so Lego seems to seriously invest in the promotion of this model, Hope it pays off! Won't work on me though, since I was getting the model anyway :-)

Thanks for sharing, and mainly of course for doing this in the first place!

Henning

Today let me take you on a detailed tour of the real Liebherr R 9800, in which we can even sit in the operator's seat:

Interesting video. I wonder why each hydraulic cylinder has multiple hoses going to each end. Perhaps they don't produce hoses big enough that can handle that kind of pressure maybe? Loving all this extra free content though from Sariel and TLG :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Just saw the small version on Belgian tv, so i guess it is seen on a lot of country's. Great video and a real tribute for yourself. I follow your builds since almost the beginning, and saw it all grow. You deserve this in all kind of ways. What i do find a shame is why Liebherr don't promote this, nothing on their you tube channel. compared to Volvo and others who make all sort of cool video's with Lego (how it's build, specials, etc)

On 10/12/2019 at 5:50 AM, allanp said:

Interesting video. I wonder why each hydraulic cylinder has multiple hoses going to each end. Perhaps they don't produce hoses big enough that can handle that kind of pressure maybe? Loving all this extra free content though from Sariel and TLG :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It’s because they bypass to relieve pressure to get the rams to move back in quicker 

7 hours ago, Richombx said:

It’s because they bypass to relieve pressure to get the rams to move back in quicker 

Cool, thanks for the info ?