mugwump

Will Control+ make SBrick obsolete? What to invest in?

Back to topic: The hub from 42099 also has gyroscope and accelerometer sensors included - not that I have a need for something like that in my models ATM, but maybe something to consider if you have a use for these in what you plan for the future @mugwump.

I would also consider waiting unless you need something right away. As far as I see it now, Control+ will both have positive and negative aspects to it. From what I know, if small size and power are your thing, than the old PF systems would be the way to go. With a Buwizz if you want even more power or an Sbrick for controllability. Control+ motors are bigger and seem to lack a little in power. And of course Control+ will likely never get something as powerful as the Buggy Motor. But if you are interested in controllability then, I think, Control+ would be the way to go in the future, because C+ motors can all act as servo motors, which is a big plus.   

Edited by Kelkschiz

Sbrick have announced they are coming back with another model and are crowd funding again: https://tokeportal.hu/en/sbrick3/

They are not on kickstarter this time, but on a Hungarian website instead. After the badly run Sbrick+ campaign last time on KS I don't think I'd invest. It isn't even obvious what the investment is - is it a financial investment that you get returns on or just a gift to the company. Only the first 100 investors get the gift.