Hello,

I want to present you my MOC, which I was reported to Lego Idea program. My main inspiration was Archers Tower from Heroes III.

Main goal of my MOC was create set which will be playable. Other thing which was very important to me was achieve old style look with some modern details.

resize:1600:900

If you like my set please visit my Lego ideas site. You can support it or share with your social media.

Thank you for your help!

Best Regards :)

Looks very cool! I love how you used so many new pieces to give it that old classic feel.

Man, i love Heroes III and Castle is my most favourite faction after Rampart. You made a great job, it's true to the original, and it's also really beautiful! I'd love to have such a set in my childhood, even though that would predate HoMM by roughly a decade. :-)

If tlg started doing this kind of stuff (and namely if they'd buy a license for HoMM universe), I'd be one heck of a happy customer!

Edited by Aine

@Aine, I'm still playing Heroes 3 with Era 2 fans extension. Maybe I will build more sets inspired HoMM universe in the future, I have couple of ideas in my head :)

Wow, all HoMM map in Lego, it will be nice :)

Rampart, very good creatures, lots of spells and tresury, this is one of my favourites.

Thank you for your comment :)

I like the possibilities of Rampart: in first phase you rely on centaurs supported by few elves, then the elves take over most of duties and pegasi support them against opposing shooters, then finally you may transition into dracogeddon (either thx to Tome of Fire Magic or due to captured spell towers).

I think that Castle works the best because... well.. it's a Castle after all! But if I'd try to MOC some Rampart stuff, there are two possible routes: an oldschool, 1980's based, Forestmen builds (more like a "what if Robin Hood lived in Erathia"), or the more modern approach, more similar to LotR. Both have their merits, but I'd prefer the oldschool much more.

I think that what you've done with the Castle theme is incredible, namely given the small-to-medium size of the build. It's easily distinguishable, cleverly and cleanly build, with several lovely details like the foliage or real machico... you know the word, and it sports SIX minifigs for a build of this size. I'd be interested in barracks, stables (I'd rather not imagine the number of horses, hehe!) and of course, tavern. Griffin cliffs could be also cool, I'm just a tiny little bit sceptic if they can be built with the same nostalgic feeling.

Truly lovely job!

edit: Man, you gave me a headache: should I play with lego, or should I play HoMM3? The agony of choices... ;-)

Edited by Aine

Very nice tower.  I like the old school feel of the build.  The texturing is nice.  I like the use of the tan slope pieces at the bottom, gives the build an added touch of color.  The vine is nicely done.  I like the old school figs too.  The use of the tooth pieces is a nice visual.  Good job overall.  

@Aine, I have a very similar tactic regarding Rampart. I also like using dendroid soldiers to prodect my shooters.

In my opinion Castle is most easy fraction to build in Lego world, buildings have usually 'angular' shapes, challenge will be Portal of Glory. 

Rampart will by one of the most demanding fraction to build for me. But maybe in future, we will se :)

When I thinking about stables, maybe better idea will be use that stables which was used on world map. I'm afraid about Griffin cliffs. Building is one thing, second, how to build nice griffin with good scale. I mean about good balance between details, movable elements and dimensions.

Thank you for your words :)

@zoth33, thank you for your constructive opinion, when I was kid I really like to study Lego catalogs with castle sets.

@Boindil Lego, thank you, I like to create sets which can be playable.

Building is one thing, second, how to build nice griffin with good scale.

At least you'd have an excuse to buy the lego hippogriff! :-)

19 hours ago, Aine said:

At least you'd have an excuse to buy the lego hippogriff! :-)

Yep, it could be a good idea! :)

@SteamSewnEmpire, thank you. When we all create our own sets, we can use more bricks. I think that when Lego sets designers have some set to create, they have some frames or requirements, which they need to fulfill. But when we create our own MOCs only imagination is our frame :)

Oh, man! Such a lovely build. 

I love the color scheme, the rock textures, the architectural design, which is simple, but great!

The foliage is marvelous, and the banners add so much more personality to it. 

Impressive! Really great build. 

Cheers!