Hello Speed Champions fans,

Trabant 601 is a legendary car of Eastern and Central Europe. This is its studless model in Speed Champions scale. If you like it, please keep alive this project and support on Lego Ideas to become a real set (only 3 supporters are missing in the next hours to reach the first milestone):

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/77b0428c-c46c-47b0-984c-1fd7c97a2948

I wanted to create a relatively accurate model, and some details were challenging in this small size.

Firstly I needed smaller wheels than my other builds in this scale, the size of the actual ones are equal to the Mini Cooper (Lego 75894) ones. It was clear too that the City mudgards will not fit to this size, therefore I created a brickbuilt one. The connection of the wheels are tricky a bit which helps to keep the room between the wheels and the mudguard proportional.

I wanted to create an accurate front, and I added simple white stickers to the direction indicator lamps to keep the orange parts visible on the front only.

The most common colors of this car are the light blue and white (broken white). I decided to use white pieces as the roof element of Mini Cooper (part 6018101) is ideal as hood and roof, and I have this item only in this color.

The rear of the car is a bit tricky too as I wanted tilted lights similarly to the real ones. The back lights could be red transparent elements, but I was not able to buy them in that color.

I had to buy some elements of "brick, modified, 6191" to the sides too, and it was available only with "Nitro" stickers, but my son said that these stickers are cool, so I kept them.

I wanted to use as less stickers as possible as I don't really like them, because they restrain the applicability the stickered elements in different builds. There is picture without the "Nitro" sticker and an other one without any stickers.

The set includes a minifigure with a baseball hat and with an additinal red helmet.

48840914562_4865ed5c60_c.jpgTrabant 601 by László Torma, on Flickr

48840740501_b2e7c87dc7_c.jpg02 Trabant 601 by László Torma, on Flickr

48840740416_e351292ed7_c.jpg03 Trabant 601 by László Torma, on Flickr

48840915012_cb635425fb_c.jpg04 Trabant 601 by László Torma, on Flickr

48840740331_4267f579cd_c.jpg05 Trabant 601 by László Torma, on Flickr

48840740286_ea2fc3c02b_c.jpg06 Trabant 601 without Nitro sticker by László Torma, on Flickr

48840372753_0da50a5ca4_c.jpg07 Trabant 601 without any stickers by László Torma, on Flickr

My other Speed Champions scale model in "LEGO Town" forum is the Audi R8:

Edited by _TLG_
Title modification

11 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

This is the wrong forum for you and have nothing to do with scale modeling.:wink:

Please note it is a minifig scale model of an existing car, so I am not sure that you are right. Maybe. There is an other post by an other user in similar scale:

I don't wanted mini mod the moderators, but please read the forum rules for cars.:wink:

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

8 hours ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

I don't wanted mini mod the moderators, but please read the forum rules for cars.:wink:1

OK, the scale of my model is only 1:32 instead of the 1:20 mentioned in the rules. However, I tried to be accurate even in this small size which is not so easy. (I think it is sometimes much harder than to be accurate in a big model.) Do you think that the other topic called "minifig scale reworking of TLG classics [MOC]" to which I refer shouldn't be in this forum too? Do you think should I delete this topic and start it in an other forum for eaxample in "town"? (I am not sure if it is possible.)