Wellesley

[GoC] Fortification on Serentia

To investigate the rumours of vast mineral deposits within Serentia the Army of Corrington has launched an initiative to assure lasting dominance above the Middle Peaks. Having Stormhaven already established as a trading point and also as a guarantor of controlling the Marion River, the first step is to prevent other factions from reaching the territory from the east via the Far River. Thus at the foot of the mountains where the river springs from, a small fortification was raised, providing shelter for the pioneers.

Important tasks are:
- geological expeditions
- expand infrastructure and trade along the Marion River
- expand jurisdiction of Stormhaven
- establish a permanently manned and armed base in the middle of the peaks
- gain full control over the Far River

48798467487_f264ee2cf4_z.jpg48798467097_7aa39ce86a_z.jpg
The pioneers were lucky to find a place with solid ground for their construction.

Spoiler

48798464737_3fbc59f285_z.jpg48798326356_ce498b6883_z.jpg48798468617_f02585bca0_z.jpg48798325346_2e57ec90b9_z.jpg48797972338_f4e61d128c_z.jpg48798324011_5ba301f80e_z.jpg
48798469502_3b904e004c_z.jpg

48798322311_e95b65a7eb_z.jpg
The Corrish Army appreciates the service of Myzec Scouts in their ranks, especially in territory with such difference from mainland Corrington.

This is my first entry fo the Glory for Corrington task "Redcoats Rule!"

I am rarely a fan of "Lego builds presented in regular environments" - but this one just works!

Nice fort build, very functional yet with enough details to keep it from being boring. Just noticed that all your Redcoats have actual red coats - very cool! :pir-sweet:

The Myzec Scout is also a clever addition, I like the idea a lot. Overall a great addition to Serentia and Stormhaven, well done!

Very nice, very clean build. It really turned out excellent in real terrain. 

Lovely build! It seems a wooden model rather than a LEGO building. I like minifig posing too! Probably you should have built the base of the courtyard, but the presentation is very nice anyways

43 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

It seems a wooden model rather than a LEGO building.

Oh wow, now that you say it I remember that at my grandparent's house there was a wooden toy fort with towers just like this:D Good old days:)

This looks to be solid fort. The green structure with red roof goes well with the white walls, and the wooden tower is my favourite part of the build.

Great looking fort, Wellesley, and I quite enjoy this presentation. I think it works for this build because it is meant as a true frontier fort in the middle of nowhere. A :thumbup: From me for GoC.

I particularly like the mix of whitewashed stonewall, green half-timbered and brown wooden tower. While this construction will not do well against artillery, it is perfect for frontier defence.

One suggestion could be to add some details in the courtyard, for instance a well, a cooking fire/stove, some training dummies, etc. but overall, this is a very nice build and will help defend Serentia!

I love the classic look to this build. It definitely takes me back to my early days with the pirate series. I find that this presentation is excellent for Serentia and is a creative method of doing it. The figures are well done and well posed. Bregir has already mentioned the one area of lack which is something in the courtyard. Just keep that in mind in the future when making builds with large open areas. A :thumbup: from me which is the two you need for this build.

One thing that would be helpful to the GOC reviewers is to note what category and subcategory you are doing. It helps (me at least) figure out what to look for, especially as some builds could work in multiple categories. (ie. On this build, you could say Mangrove Madness, rural category, or #12, 2nd category or a combination of this.) Thank you. 

Thanks for the comments and the approval!

You are right about the courtyard, a well would have been an excellent addition.

20 hours ago, SilentWolf said:

One thing that would be helpful to the GOC reviewers is to note what category and subcategory you are doing. It helps (me at least) figure out what to look for, especially as some builds could work in multiple categories. (ie. On this build, you could say Mangrove Madness, rural category, or #12, 2nd category or a combination of this.) Thank you. 

This one is for the first task "Redcoats Rule!". I wrote it in the last sentence, maybe it would be better to always put it up first.