14 hours ago, M_longer said:

And in PF era you could just connect it to the battery box and check if it works :))

The benefit of Control+ and the test sequences is that it helps you to verify if the motors are built in and working correctly, not simply see if they are running or not. Btw you can easily connect the motors to a train hub and see if they work :) 

8 minutes ago, kbalage said:

The benefit of Control+ and the test sequences is that it helps you to verify if the motors are built in and working correctly, not simply see if they are running or not. Btw you can easily connect the motors to a train hub and see if they work :) 

Or use a third party app to test the motors.

24 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

You shouldn't have to.

Since the test sequences are available in the app you actually don't have to.

I contacted Lego costumer support and included a link to my Bricksafe folder with all the photos. All I got was an automated reply that they are sending me a replacement actuator...

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

I contacted Lego costumer support and included a link to my Bricksafe folder with all the photos. All I got was an automated reply that they are sending me a replacement actuator...

Sterling customer support there.

5 minutes ago, suffocation said:

I've found out that the only way to pry a proper answer out of them now is to fire vitriol.

Some men just wanna watch the world learn.

9 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Some men just wanna watch the world learn.

I dunno, I prefer my pizza with a drizzle of Calabrian hot oil.

7 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

I think that's amazing customer support.

it's unlikely there is any other company which will replace parts at no cost with such minimum of fuss.

And imagine doing this worldwide ... just amazing.

I believe the quality issues will get corrected automatically when the feedback goes about the number of replacement requests. A similar issue had happened in the early days of the PF servo motor. Many of them were breaking down with almost no usage, so that they would turn only on one side. Lego would have had to spend a lot of money on replacements ... and eventually they fixed it somehow so that the newer batches of the servo work fine.