Bricks-on-Rails

[MOC] GWR "Hall-Class 4900" / Hogwarts Express - Bricks-on-Rails

Good evening, everyone,

Since I promised you in the last topic to design more international models besides german models, today I would like to present you the model of the "Hall-Class 4900" of the "Great Western Railway" from Great Britain. The "Hall class 4900" were tender locomotives, which were built between 1924 and 1943. A total of 259 units were built and the locomotives were used for passenger and freight traffic. 

The locomotive with the railway number 5972 "Olton Hall" achieved special fame. It is the locomotive shown in the Harry Potter movies, which was specially repainted for this in the well-known red coloring.

The model consists of approx. 1090 parts, is approx. 66 studs long and about 10 studs wide. A Power-Functions L-motor can be installed in the boiler. The IR-receiver and the battery box find comfortably place in the large tender. Most of the decals or printed components correspond to the original LEGO parts. Furthermore, the model is equipped with numerous striking details, such as the piping, the chassis or the detailed cabin. 
This model is also a little bit of a premiere, because for the first time not only LEGO standard components are used, but also railway wheels in XL and M by Big Ben Bricks. I also tried the Bricklink Part-Designer for the first time.

Currently the manual is available in two different versions. One as GWR "Hall-Class 4900" in dark green and one as "Hogwarts Express" in known red. I hope that you like this version in particular, because there are already some versions, even directly from LEGO.

Praise and criticism are very welcome.
Kind regards Martin

Further pictures in the flickr-folder or on our homepage

48822128378_7305cdc7a6.jpg48832975256_be9dce0d6a.jpg48832975051_939acc086f_n.jpg640px-4930_Hagley_Hall.JPG

Very nice, I especially the front part which I am struggeling with myself on my 7-wide version.

I'm actually finishing my MOD/MOC from the 75955 Hogwarts Express these days, hope to post some pictures soon as well.

Also with PF L motor, but driving the standard Lego steam drivers.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Richard

7 hours ago, Brick A Braque said:

Very nice, I especially the front part which I am struggeling with myself on my 7-wide version.

I'm actually finishing my MOD/MOC from the 75955 Hogwarts Express these days, hope to post some pictures soon as well.

Also with PF L motor, but driving the standard Lego steam drivers.

:thumbup::thumbup:

Richard

Thank you Richard,

I started with the standard LEGO steam drivers too, but had problems to find the correct scale and wasn´t happy about the dimensions. But luckily I found out that you can also use Big Ben Bricks wheels in stud.io.

I am curious about your 7-wide solution cause in my opinion it´s a very exciting width too.

With kind regards

Martin

Very nice; I just found your website with instructions available for sale, I'll be buying something soon!

On 10/22/2019 at 2:09 PM, Randolph said:

Very nice; I just found your website with instructions available for sale, I'll be buying something soon!

Thank you Randolph, see you soon.