- darker text
- greener ESL arms
- black SR torso

Previous update:

(text)

BoBS%20Logo%20Minifigures.jpg

(no text)

BoBS%20Logo%20sans%20text.jpg

Thanks all who have contributed with suggestions!  If you've got any more let me hear 'em!

Original post:

Here's my take on a banner so far!

BoBS%20Logo.jpg

I would really like some minifigures on it.  Guy's Uncle seems like a logical candidate for Eslandola, I'm going to try to photograph him today on a nice white background and edit that.  However I need some from other factions.  So if you've either got a good, solid color background photo of a well-known Corry, Sea Rat, or Oleander lying around already or are willing to take one for me, I'd be grateful! 

And of course, any suggestions are welcome.  Is "the" too hard to read?  Should I go textless and fill up the extra space with minifigures?  How's the dual color effect for the sigils?  C@C appreciated!

Edited by Kai NRG
updating the update, yay!

To me the BoBS text is a little hardto read on mobile ... It blends in due to the blue and red ... Perhaps a lighter shadow behind the text?

I like this approach. I love the sigils and their treatment! I agree with roadmonkeytj that the BoBS text is a little hard to read due to the dark background. I like the lighter map colors on the right, but the colors on the left are too dark; that purple is a bit overpowering. Also, my OCS wants the map and sigils to match up, but that's not a big deal. Would love to see it with minifigs, but I'd go for stereotypes that would easily be identified with their factions. And the key with using minifigs would be to make the map more of a background element so you don't have too many things competing for attention. So great start, anxious to see more!

Updated with minifigures, a lighter shadow behind the words, and two versions one with and one without text.  Not sure which one I like better myself!

Thanks for the feedback everyone!

4 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

that purple is a bit overpowering. Also, my OCS wants the map and sigils to match up, but that's not a big deal. Would love to see it with minifigs, but I'd go for stereotypes that would easily be identified with their factions.

Great suggestions.  On the minifigure only version, I matched the minifigures/sigils up with the map.  And fixed the overpowering purple!

4 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Updated with minifigures, a lighter shadow behind the words, and two versions one with and one without text.  Not sure which one I like better myself!

With text, definitely. And the minifigs really add to it! The head choices are great, as are the poses and choice of weaponry. This is really looking good!

Suggestions:

- Darken the text. Don't be afraid to go black here. The text should really contrast with the background and pop.

- On the Sea Rat figure, the red initially made me think he was a Corrie. Maybe use a black pirate captain torso.

- Maybe a brown tricorne hat rather than tan on the Oleon fig. The tan hat disappears into the background. Also, if you have a newer blue soldier torso that is blue all around rather than just blue printed on white, that would look better.

- Too much black on the ESL fig. Do you have a green torso you could use? Or swap in gold armor for the black armor. If still wearing armor, maybe trade the dark green arms for regular green arms.

On 10/2/2019 at 8:42 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

Looking good! I definitely like it with the lettering better.

Thanks!  Going for the lettering then!

On 10/3/2019 at 1:17 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Suggestions:

<snip>

Thanks Captain!  Tried to take most of those, although sadly I don't have a brown tricorne.

Newest version:

BoBS%20Logo%20Minifigures%2C%20take%202.jpg

By the way, I complied with the rules which asked for an 800x100 px banner, but that seems small to me.  It'd take some work to design the same banner at a larger scale, but I could do it if that's necessary.

23 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Thanks Captain!  Tried to take most of those, although sadly I don't have a brown tricorne.

I can live without the brown tricorne. :pir-grin:

I really like how it looks with the changes. Bright, colorful, and the main text is very readable. :thumbup: