shadow_elenter

[MOC] Massive Rollercoaster-ish Ride -- Technic Figure Scale

Hello, ya'll!

I just had to make another attraction, and it's quite a beast!

Making a rollercoaster in LEGO technic figure scale is very challenging because  unlike the smaller mini figure scale, there's no curved track parts to make it go around corners.
I get around that by making all changes in direction mechanical, and that's why I call it a rollercoaster-ISH contraption.

It's not a traditional rollercoaster but given the looks and motions I'd say it comes pretty close.

I used 5 SBricks to control everything, and there's a total of 17 motors in this MOC to make all the mechanical transitions.

This thing is truly a giant, I completely ran out of black pins and liftarms longer than 5 studs!
113 x 63 x 67 cm
45 x 25 x 27 inch

EDIT: I'm having some issues posting pictures, so they will come a bit later.

Edited by shadow_elenter

Coolness level 9000! Looks very disturbing... for that poor technic guy :grin:

Fantastic creation. Does it run automatic, in a sense that each contraption starts the next one, or do you need to operate it "manually"?

Best regards.

Thanks everyone!:grin:

As promised:
FrOcdS3.jpg

kY4j1wu.jpg

Cs8PB2B.jpg

lsd7TyN.jpg

jSDg38g.jpg

ZzNHI98.jpg

z36gw6u.jpg

4Cguy9c.jpg

XqJ7O5F.jpg

y2gVL3h.jpg

vUkvE2G.jpg

4M0V1hn.jpg

20LUxRo.jpg

On 10/2/2019 at 9:04 PM, MajklSpajkl said:

Does it run automatic, in a sense that each contraption starts the next one, or do you need to operate it "manually"?

Best regards.

I sequences it is segments so I could press one button and it would initiate everything automatically in that segment and then you have to press the button for the next segment, but I like controlling it manually better.
If I would actually enjoy programming I could make it a one-button-does-all ride, but I don't like it and the SBrick programming software is quite a pain in the butt:laugh: .

Edited by shadow_elenter

This is brilliant.

It immediately reminded me of the Thunderbirds chair things they use to enter their respective aircraft (or Wallace and Gromit). I think you have an opportunity to further develop this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paN781Mhb8I

On 10/6/2019 at 12:52 PM, Ape Fight said:

This is brilliant.

It immediately reminded me of the Thunderbirds chair things 

Now that you mention it, yeah!

I really love the corkscrew part in the middle.

What's the part that gave you most trouble? I bet it's attaching and detaching the chair from all the different mechanisms. 

This guy in red Technic suit on photos spends his time even better than me

Please, do not stop making such wonderful MOCs!

Well, to make sure the cart wouldn't fall of the "spinning carrier" took me the longest and went through the most redesigns.
Fine tuning that is technically fun though. Getting all the gravity dependent movements to work reliably for both the cart with the technic figure and the cart with the gopro was more of a pain in the butt :laugh:.