Veynom

[MOC] Geonosian smugglers

Here is a small MIC that will be integrated into a large Star Wars layout of around 100 baseplates (32x32) planned for BrickMania Anvers on 30/11 and 01/12 this year. My section should be around 28 baseplates, inclduing the 2 I present here that were built by my son.

48812804913_f03b435f1a_c.jpg
Smuggling Geonosians by Veynom, on Flickr

Given the Star Wars theme and the fact we decided to go for a desert-like landscape, my son wanted to participate by building something slightly more original than the usual Empire vs. Rebels. He therefore decided to go for some kind of smugglers that would be caught by surprise by some famous bounty hunters (Bossk & Boba Fett). He started with the cave, added details around it then upon starting the second plate and the small rock, he asked me for a battered original ship that could fit well with his mini-story. In short: "Dad, no TIE-Fighter of any kind!"

Take away:

• Idea, landscape , minifig selection & positioning: all by my son (13y old). 
  • The supposedly flying pice of junk: all my fault.

48812804828_93d976f86a_c.jpg

Personally, I like very much the positioning of his minifigs. It is very dynamic and immediately helps us in understanding the situation.

48812805033_b228b248f8_c.jpg

The shuttle is a rebuilt of the official set, a bit longer and a bit more detailed and much more colored.

48820580962_cfe948712c_c.jpg
Recycled Sheathipede by Veynom, on Flickr

She is sturdy, swooshable, and playable with opening cockput and rear doors.

48819652678_5f15dc340e_c.jpg
Recycled Sheathipede by Veynom, on Flickr

Feel free to comment, I will pass them along to my son.