Bregir

[GoC - Gunboats] Colonial Gunboat Mk II

The gunboat strategy of the Royal Navy has so far been successful enough to mollify even the staunchest of critics. Hence, boatyards across the colonies are churning out new designs on a regular basis.

48828501961_5c3fef842e_c.jpg

In King's Harbour, where the gunboats have fought(and won) some of their fiercest battles, the local dockyards have designed an improved version of the first colonial gunboats.

48828501996_3bde3f9385_c.jpg

It is currently under trials near King's Harbour under an experienced master's mate, and is proving more maneuverable and sea worthy than the original design.

48828501911_1acae4cb16_c.jpg

My next contribution to the Gunboats for the Colonies and the GoC.

Despite no apparent partition between the straight plates and this impeccable curved hull, the only thing that is catching my eyes is this green smurf cap :blush:

To start off a :thumbup: from me. This boat has a lot of nice touches in its shape and design. I like that you included the sides bowing instead of being all at the same height. It is of course what I expect from you with your ship knowledge. You did a nice job shaping the ship, and I particularly will note that the shot from above shows how well you did. Normally I would see gaps with the blue baseplate peeking through. You did an excellent job of making it so that didn't happen. The inclusion of the hand to hand armaments was also a great touch. 

Areas for improvement: The third shot looks great because the baseplates take up the whole picture. However, the other two pictures show the edges of the baseplates. I would like to see you use another presentation technique that doesn't let the baseplate seem so obvious in the pictures (Ayrlego is obviously the master of this in Corrington.)

Beautiful gunboat. :thumbup: I especially like the form as seen in the last, elevated pic. I can live with the baseplate in the pics, if only to demonstrate just how big she really is! The variety amongst the crew somehow doesn't do it for me, but that's perhaps a matter of taste. Overall good work.