Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[W-OKT] Weelond Oktoberfest 2019 mini-challenge - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!

It's that time of year again: time to pay a visit to the Weelond Oktoberfest!

oktoberfest_2017_centerpiece_480x600.jpg

Weelond’s annual Oktoberfest celebration features food and drink, contests of skill, games and amusements, traditional/historical costumes, food and drink (did we mention food and drink?), and more. So regardless of where you’re from, come to Weelond and have some fun!

Rules:

Your entry should showcase an activity at the Weelond Oktoberfest, and this year's emphasis is on characters and stories. Introduce us to an interesting character at the Oktoberfest or the story of your character taking part in the festivities. Sample activities at this year's Oktoberfest include keg tapping, keg tossing, stein hoisting, pretzel and sausage eating, log sawing, musket shooting, equestrian competition, musical bands, dancing, arts and crafts, pumpkin painting, and costume contests, as well as the usual assortment of butchers and brewers selling their wares.

In addition to posting your entry in the forum (ideally with a [W-OKT] tag in the title), please post a link to your build in this thread and in the Weelond settlement thread. Entries must be posted by October 28.

Categories:

Categories are Characters, Stories, Events, and Structures. Identify what category you're entering when you post your entry. Category definitions are loose; just pick what makes sense for your build. Entries will be judged on presentation, quality of build, story, fit with Weelond's architectural style, and fit with the Oktoberfest/festival theme. The only size requirement is an 8x8 minimum.

Prizes:

The top three entries in each category will earn 100DBs for 1st place, 50DBs for 2nd, and 25DBs for 3rd. An additional 100/50/25 DBs will be awarded to the overall best three entries. 

Weelond will also reimburse the builder for licensing costs for any property entry licensed through the EGS. Weelond also offers to purchase (at 3x the license cost) any licensable property a builder does not wish to license.

Looks like fun! Getting some ideas now.

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 7:25 PM, KotZ said:

Looks like fun! Getting some ideas now.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

To clarify - one entry total per person, or one entry per category?  I have a couple ideas but they don't necessarily make sense to have them happening at the same time.

19 hours ago, The Sarge said:

To clarify - one entry total per person, or one entry per category?  I have a couple ideas but they don't necessarily make sense to have them happening at the same time.

Enter as many times as you want, in as many categories as you want. However, you can only win one prize per category, unless there aren't enough entries in a category to award all prizes.

And here is my entry (finally I made an entry after all those years :p )

OK, it looks like we got some good entries! Quite the busy weekend. I'll go through this and make sure I have the category entries right, and then get to judging. Thanks to everyone for your entries!

OK, just to make sure I have everything in order before judging starts, I count 10 entries, but I have questions about the category for some of them (see below):

Bodi - Weelond street scene during Oktonber feast - Structure (small residence)

Ross Fisher - Festival Privvies - Structure (small … culture? :sick: commerce)

@Professor Thaum - Barbaric longship! - Structure? Story (small commerce/artisan)

@Maxim I - Beer Tasting - Do you want this entered as a Structure or an Event? (small education)

dr_spock - Keg toss contest - Event

The Sarge - Beer Garden - Story

Darnok - Throwing a … ball? - Event

A_Goodman - Orellana's Townhouse - Structure (large residence)

Faladrin - The Seahorse Inn and Round Barrel Tavern - Structure (large commerce/artisan)

@Roadmonkeytj- BruHaHa was there! - Event/Story (which category do you prefer?) (and I think the kiosk portion of the build would qualify as a small artisan)

As soon as I have answers to the category questions, I'll get judging underway.
Let me know when a property has been licensed so you can receive you reimbursement for license costs, or if you'd prefer to sell licensing rights to Weelond at 3x the license cost.
Thanks to everyone who entered for the fun MOCs!

14 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Let me know when a property has been licensed so you can receive you reimbursement for license costs

Mine has been licensed as a small commerce property already, as stated here. :pir-classic:

20 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

(which category do you prefer?) (and I think the kiosk portion of the build would qualify as a small artisan)

Seeing as im not going to get the renders uploaded for the story side judge it as an event.   I will try to get the property licenced by the end of the weekend. As small artisan.

14 minutes ago, Darnok said:

Mine has been licensed as a small commerce property already, as stated here. :pir-classic:

Cool. It wasn't clear that it had already been licensed. Thanks.

8 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Seeing as im not going to get the renders uploaded for the story side judge it as an event.   I will try to get the property licenced by the end of the weekend. As small artisan.

Event it is!

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

small … culture? :sick:)

I registered it as "commerce - other". Happy to be reimbursed.

Edited by Ross Fisher