Rustinidiel

Diy LED system

hi, i hope this is the right section (if not, moderators move this discussion as you wish)

i hope someone can help me:

i want light up my creations, town buildings and others... i've seen a lot of light kits online but are very expensive for me... because of it i thinked to create my own "kit" with leds, soldering etc...
my question is: someone know a place online with good prices for micro leds (maybe pre-wired) in europe? i cant buy them from USA because shipping cost are crazy for an european user...

thanks to all

i buy micro LED on amazon, the led kit to illuminate bottle or other stuff.

often on sale, you can have 100 for less than 10 euros

I used it for the lampposts of my modulars as well as for the interior of the buildings

52 minutes ago, higgins91 said:

i buy micro LED on amazon, the led kit to illuminate bottle or other stuff.

often on sale, you can have 100 for less than 10 euros

I used it for the lampposts of my modulars as well as for the interior of the buildings

i know that product... is a strip, or a chain, with a lot of led together...
you use it as strip or unbuilding it and use single led per time?

because i need single leds,,, if in a town building i want light up a lamp in an apartment, a strip is not usefull

depending on the case, either several to illuminate a room or a single LED for a floor lamp or a detail, in any case, I cut the number of LEDs necessary and I solder wire to extend the power supply.

some exemple:

38768474070_510ec4a37b_c.jpgIMG_20180114_165709 by alex peraux, sur Flickr

39868122754_34e3149f0f_c.jpgIMG_20180219_181605 by alex peraux, sur Flickr

25725103607_b5b8cd37fc_c.jpgIMG_20180303_152846 by alex peraux, sur Flickr

40553386532_bdc7316ab1_c.jpgIMG_20180303_152957 by alex peraux, sur Flickr

1 hour ago, higgins91 said:

No, only 2 batterie 1.5v  !

But you can use 5v USB with a resistor

wait... i got a doubt... you said to use 2 batteries 1,5v... fot a 3v of total... this means the led need 3v and with usb (providing 5v) a resistor is needed to downgrade the voltage o 3v... right?

but the led strip/chain found on amazon use 3 batteries 1,5v... for a 4,5v in total...

my doubt/question is: what voltage need those leds?

you're right, this kind of micro LED is powered by 3 1.5V batteries but there is a resistance in the battery box. Powering them directly with 2x 1.5V batteries is enough to light them properly. Either you use 3 batteries and a resistance, either the 5V USB and a resistance (bigger), or just 2x 1.5V batteries without resistance!

2 hours ago, higgins91 said:

you're right, this kind of micro LED is powered by 3 1.5V batteries but there is a resistance in the battery box. Powering them directly with 2x 1.5V batteries is enough to light them properly. Either you use 3 batteries and a resistance, either the 5V USB and a resistance (bigger), or just 2x 1.5V batteries without resistance!

thx a lot for you explaination!

if you, or someone else got information about some online store in europe, please say it