Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

[Factions Ep. 3] [Kubaz - T9 - Kubindi] [R14 - Bothawui - CS] Gathering of Spies

*Your entry has earned 10 XP*

While CorSec was busy on Vanik, their allies, the Bothans, were having meetings of their own.

800x409.jpg

Since smuggler and cartel business was on the rise, the Bothans knew they needed more eyes around the galaxy. Every since their now famous role in taking down a Death Star, the Bothans had a hard time acting as spies.

800x559.jpg

By partnering with the Kubaz, they hoped to gather more intel that could help CorSec and the New Republic.

800x964.jpg

latest?cb=20061130131415

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Kubaz/Legends

Edited by goatman461

Love the Kubaz, they look great! Are you using the new binocular head from the friends sets, or the old regular binoculars? 

The detail is amazing, the plants coming up from the pathway tiles blows my mind. The pillars are stellar as well, and great use of the master splinter head, I assume it's the Bothan?  What is the other minifig with the pointed ears?

2 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Love the Kubaz, they look great! Are you using the new binocular head from the friends sets, or the old regular binoculars? 

The detail is amazing, the plants coming up from the pathway tiles blows my mind. The pillars are stellar as well, and great use of the master splinter head, I assume it's the Bothan?  What is the other minifig with the pointed ears?

The binocular piece is the old, traditional one.

The Master Splinter head and the other fig are both versions of Bothans. I only have one rat head and I kind of like the other way to represent Bothans. But not everyone does so I included one of each.

1 hour ago, MKJoshA said:

But not everyone does so I included one of each.

Makes total sense! :) What part is the red hood? It's new to me. 

Edited by DrMuttonchops
Added hood question

2 hours ago, DrMuttonchops said:

Makes total sense! :) What part is the red hood? It's new to me. 

It's the normal hood piece, just put on backwards. So the neck of the torso is going through the face hole. 

Wow the kubaz look great, could you maybe show how the head is built? It looks very interesting!

The pillars and floor looks nice, I like the grass poking out from the cracks!

Nice build... Your patterns and geometry is always a joy to watch... I think your take on the Kubaz is really creative, but the snout looks a little broken/off to me... I saw this recently and I feel it looks much closer - even though the bricks have been modified/cut/glued...

Cantina #14 Garindan has precious informations about a Jedi prowling around

Also your trees could use a little work... It would put more focus on your nice detais, if they were not there... 

Otherwise a high quality build as always! ;)

This scene is really great. The way you represented the kubaz is excellent. I also find really smart the way you designed the patterned flooring and the pillars with use of new parts. This looks really great and adds a lot to the general looking of the scene.

On 10/1/2019 at 12:28 AM, MKJoshA said:

It's the normal hood piece, just put on backwards. So the neck of the torso is going through the face hole. 

This is  brilliant! Never would have thought about rotating a hood this way.

The build has detail but it's quite clean. I specially like the inner grass effect.

On 9/30/2019 at 8:56 PM, Reaper said:

Wow the kubaz look great, could you maybe show how the head is built? It looks very interesting!

The pillars and floor looks nice, I like the grass poking out from the cracks!

800x668.jpg

800x809.jpg

800x888.jpg

15 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

800x668.jpg

800x809.jpg

800x888.jpg

Such a clever design, love it!

As a purist, @Darth Bjorn's picture of cut LEGO nearly made me vomit into my cereal! :laugh:

Really great use of the Nexo knight shields for the pillars, that's a great use of that part.

2 minutes ago, Basiliscus said:

Such a clever design, love it!

As a purist, @Darth Bjorn's picture of cut LEGO nearly made me vomit into my cereal! :laugh:

Really great use of the Nexo knight shields for the pillars, that's a great use of that part.

Wasn't my moc, just linked to it. And I agree - cutting the LEGO's are not ideal, but the look is just really nice...

Just now, Darth Bjorn said:

Wasn't my moc, just linked to it. And I agree - cutting the LEGO's are not ideal, but the look is just really nice...

I understood it wasn't your MOC, but I think while it might look better, coming up with original solution using unmodified LEGO parts should be applauded. I hadn't realised that piece fitted on a LEGO minifig neck so well, it definitely gave me some new ideas!

4 minutes ago, Basiliscus said:

I understood it wasn't your MOC, but I think while it might look better, coming up with original solution using unmodified LEGO parts should be applauded. I hadn't realised that piece fitted on a LEGO minifig neck so well, it definitely gave me some new ideas!

I agree 100% :thumbup: