Berthil

Union 72 Amsterdam tram/streetcar

Build and free building instruction of the Union 72 Amsterdam tram/streetcar is ready, enjoy.

Free building instructions and parts list:
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-29846/Berthil/union-72-amsterdam-tramstreetcar/

Please don't forget to support my LEGO Store on LEGO Ideas if you like it :) https://ideas.lego.com/projects/e015f9c8-3faf-4308-b8ed-b5e09c6ebcef

48809649591_72c8272722_c.jpg

48809793427_2b82e3a80e_c.jpg

48809642681_301ca36324_c.jpg

Good color scheme and it can hold a nice number of minifigs for an 8-wide (even with the PF stuff in there).  My only constructive criticism is that it would be nice if it could be geared-down to run at a slower speed.  Nice build!  :classic:

Thank you all!

On 9/29/2019 at 1:08 AM, deraven said:

My only constructive criticism is that it would be nice if it could be geared-down to run at a slower speed.

Would indeed be better but this is standard PoweredUp train motor at lowest speed and can't be geared down and no room for any other construction.

Edited by Berthil

If that is the lowest speed, what is the max speed, if I dare to ask?

Only train related thing that I have owned is a cargo wagon I got, ages ago.

On 10/5/2019 at 4:10 AM, Shiva said:

If that is the lowest speed, what is the max speed, if I dare to ask?

Ha ha - right?  Maybe it's because it's not expected to pull that little weight, but that does seem silly for the lowest speed!  Still a delightful build nonetheless.

I've designed a Tram Depot to go with the Amsterdam Tram. For now digital so next step is ordering bricks and build for real.

49565438887_ca3ac24c9c_c.jpg

49564711568_b3b6ca0240_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil

Looks very nice! More pictures someday?

I do have questions about the door opening function. Are they built in either open or closed door variation?

3 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Looks very nice! More pictures someday?

I do have questions about the door opening function. Are they built in either open or closed door variation?

Thanks. The doors are fully functional and can be opened and closed so both positions.
When the parts arrive from LEGO B&P I start building and adjust the design where necessary and while building I will create the free building instruction.
More pictures and a video of all functions will follow when the real build is done.

Edited by Berthil

Are the door hinges 2x2 turntables? 3680 and 3679?

I hope the IRL build goes well :)

This is probably one of the best looking tram I saw from Lego! I also love the one someone made for WV theme - don't remember the author unfortunately! 

Thank you all. The real build is progressing well without issues, all moving parts move as planned including the doors swiveling outwards to make room for the Tram/Streetcar. Indeed they turn with turntables but not all turn points. 

Before I read the instructions I literally thought this was using custom battery box / electronics, since the interior is so low and open. 

Very clever build.

3 hours ago, Merlict said:

Before I read the instructions I literally thought this was using custom battery box / electronics, since the interior is so low and open. 

Very clever build.

Thanks. Yes, it uses standard Powered Up. I just bought a PU color sensor, together with the Tram Depot I will try to automate the full Tram/Streetcar route including different stops including the Tram Depot with the use of the six colors.  

Your modulars and the tram station are some of the best MOCs I've ever seen. Can you share some tips on how you come up with such fantastic design and color schemes? Are you basing these on real-life buildings or this all come from imagination?