previously

Eoin had been living at Fort Cander for three weeks now, and had an escaped thief, an orcish sorcerer, a blind archer and some wolf thing called a Gnoll who had shown up on the second week he was there. It was a huge step down from having dozens of soldiers and a massive castle under his command. He was also very far away from any civilization but he was excited because he had just gotten last week's issue of the Weekly Mitgardian!

Fort CanderFort Cander

Eoin had enjoyed all of his saturday morning reading the paper when, he heard a commotion coming from the woods!

Fort Cander

And he recognised Erdan running across the rickety bridge from the woods being chased by mitgrdian soldiers! "Help!" screamed Erdan, as he hopped gracefully off the falling bridge.

Fort Cander

Against what most would probably say was his better judgement, Eoin attacked the soldiers who were chasing his old friend.

Fort Cander

Fort Cander

So after a chaotic battle, Eoin questioned Erdan about the whole event.

Fort Cander

Erdan told Eoin of how Queen Ylspeth had recently been to Nocturnus to practice necromancy. "I saw it all with my own eyes!" he said. "She was trying to summon her dead brother back from the grave, but the power corrupted her and I am on a mission to stop her from destroying Historica from within!" And Eoin agreed to help him.

Here is som additional pics:

Fort Cander

Fort Cander

Fort Cander

Hope you like it:dhappy:,C&C welcome!

I really like the build!  One of my favorite parts is the top of the tower where you used the wedge plates to 'push' the tower walls to lean out over.  It really looks great!  The lean-to type shelter looks awesome, and the rock outcropping on which it stands is very realistic.  I assume from the green and the apparently warmer climate (the gnoll has his feet in the water) that Fort Cander is on the coast somewhere?  The flatness of the ground at water level and the eroded look of the rocks makes me think this is an oceanfront and not a riverfront.

As for the story, there's some fun parts, but I have some questions.  I really like the band of misfits at this fort where Eoin has been stationed (or sent as punishment for not patrolling enough, depending on how he views it).  It makes it seem like the end of the earth as far as out posts, like stationing poorly producing officers in Siberia. Questions, though: The last Eoin and Erdan were together was at the duel in the ruins build you did, correct?  During that time Eoin defeated Erdan and Erdan swore revenge on Eoin.  While Eoin may not have any particularly hard feelings toward Erdan, Erdan seemed like he wanted Eoin dead.  Now it seems that they are good friends again, almost like a lightswitch being turned on.  Am I missing something here?  It could be that some exposition may help this question.  I am also having trouble seeing Queen Ylspeth performing necromancy, but maybe you are setting the stage for your challenge builds?  Could be interesting!

Overall, very nice work as usual, and I am really enjoying the progression for Eoin and Erdan.

Great build and great story! The rockwork is nice and the beach is very well done too, with the wet and dry sands and stranded seaweeds. I really like your idea of a haphazardly built fort on top of a rock.

I also really enjoyed the lighthearted story and details - I'm definitely fond of the guard and the two hedgehogs who all patrol very seriously. :grin_wub:

Edited by Aurore

16 hours ago, Grover said:

I really like the build!  One of my favorite parts is the top of the tower where you used the wedge plates to 'push' the tower walls to lean out over.  It really looks great!  The lean-to type shelter looks awesome, and the rock outcropping on which it stands is very realistic.  I assume from the green and the apparently warmer climate (the gnoll has his feet in the water) that Fort Cander is on the coast somewhere?  The flatness of the ground at water level and the eroded look of the rocks makes me think this is an oceanfront and not a riverfront.

As for the story, there's some fun parts, but I have some questions.  I really like the band of misfits at this fort where Eoin has been stationed (or sent as punishment for not patrolling enough, depending on how he views it).  It makes it seem like the end of the earth as far as out posts, like stationing poorly producing officers in Siberia. Questions, though: The last Eoin and Erdan were together was at the duel in the ruins build you did, correct?  During that time Eoin defeated Erdan and Erdan swore revenge on Eoin.  While Eoin may not have any particularly hard feelings toward Erdan, Erdan seemed like he wanted Eoin dead.  Now it seems that they are good friends again, almost like a lightswitch being turned on.  Am I missing something here?  It could be that some exposition may help this question.  I am also having trouble seeing Queen Ylspeth performing necromancy, but maybe you are setting the stage for your challenge builds?  Could be interesting!

Overall, very nice work as usual, and I am really enjoying the progression for Eoin and Erdan.

Thank you! The build was set in the temperate rainforests of northern mitgardia. Yes Fort Cander is by the sea, above I will add a map to show you where Fort Cander is. And you are correct Erdan did swear revenge on Eoin but Eoin didn't know that, so he took pity on his (once) friend when he was in danger, thinking they had worked it all out. stay tuned for my challenge builds where you may find that not all is as it seems.:wink:

7 hours ago, Aurore said:

Great build and great story! The rockwork is nice and the beach is very well done too, with the wet and dry sands and stranded seaweeds. I really like your idea of a haphazardly built fort on top of a rock.

I also really enjoyed the lighthearted story and details - I'm definitely fond of the guard and the two hedgehogs who all patrol very seriously. :grin_wub:

Thanks!:laugh:

Nice rockwork and landscaping.  I like the ramshackle look of the tower.  I like the action and story too.  Although that orc with the flame in his hand, I hope he is a wizard of some sort or he has a high threshold for pain lol.  Nice scene overall.  

Very cool, the wood shack is awesome! But the trans clear blocks on the shore look wrong, if the water is tranquilly lying below the bank, it's unlikely it would splash so far up, and at any rate it is not a convincing element. Good MOC though, keep building! 

Edited by W Navarre

On 9/29/2019 at 11:19 AM, zoth33 said:

Nice rockwork and landscaping.  I like the ramshackle look of the tower.  I like the action and story too.  Although that orc with the flame in his hand, I hope he is a wizard of some sort or he has a high threshold for pain lol.  Nice scene overall.  

Thank you, and yes the orc with the fire in his hand is a wizard. :sweet:

On 10/2/2019 at 5:42 AM, W Navarre said:

Very cool, the wood shack is awesome! But the trans clear blocks on the shore look wrong, if the water is tranquilly lying below the bank, it's unlikely it would splash so far up, and at any rate it is not a convincing element. Good MOC though, keep building! 

Thanks! As for the water I had thought that it would just be the tides retreating slowly, but i'll keep that in mind next time. :dsweet:

Super fun layout with the tower and bridge perched atop the rock outcroppings :thumbup: Your use of dark tan, especially tiles, portrays wet sand brilliantly :wub: