Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

10 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Fastest shipping ever!

49364117771_50273fa9b7.jpg

Seriously, they must of strapped it to a supersonic jet with priority customs clearance!

Now I need to actually get building again!

I know it may be considered sacrilege to some, but I've always generally preferred the moulded animals. Deer are number one on my wishlist

Heretic !

Strung him up !

Boo, he is so ugly !

1 hour ago, Professor Thaum said:

Heretic !

Strung him up !

I know someone who could do that for you. Very reasonable prices...

On 1/10/2020 at 11:54 PM, Ayrlego said:

Seriously, they must of strapped it to a supersonic jet with priority customs clearance!

The way it should be, LEGO-packages always deserve the highest priority :laugh:

I didn't even know these sheep existed... Cool ones! Love the cow too.

32 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

I'm not sure either are original Lego parts...

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

The way it should be, LEGO-packages always deserve the highest priority :laugh:

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

I'm not sure either are original Lego parts...

They are from a place called BrickForge. They have a bunch of cool lego compatible goodies, including those terrific animals! Same idea as the Brickarms weapons. They are also loads cheaper then if you tried to get the Official Lego version off of Bricklink.

Edited by LM71Blackbird

@Ayrlego Drooling over those animals and also drooling while waiting to see your new builds! Captain Wolf had also found (waaaaay back) some tan versions of cows somewhere. I believe it was brickforge again.

On 1/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, Ross Fisher said:
On 1/11/2020 at 11:52 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Heretic !

Strung him up !

I know someone who could do that for you. Very reasonable prices...

Padre back off! This builder's feet must always stand on firm ground! :tongue:

Oh, and happy new year everybody!

Edited by blackdeathgr

I have a number of Brickforge items, including the tan cow and a couple different colored lambs. The horns designed for the Brickforge cow are more useful than those made for the LEGO cow. You can even buy udders for your Brickforge cows. I use the Brickforge square bottles when I'm representing uisge in my builds. I've gotten creative with quite a number of their items.

How many of us are going to mod the new Pirates Ideas set? Or at least use the instructions to get those angles and other useful details?

2 hours ago, gedren_y said:

How many of us are going to mod the new Pirates Ideas set? Or at least use the instructions to get those angles and other useful details?

I will definitely get it - it looks very nice. Probably the best ship I have seen from Lego - and I am quite certain it is the first with proper tumblehome. I never got the Imperial Flagship, but this looks like it has even more interesting techniques. As you say, the angles are looking real nice, particularly around the stern.

@gedren_y I'd feel like a hypocrite if I didn't buy it. Of course it needs a third mast and different sails; a recolour on those hatches, more cannons...

But I've also got some spare hull pieces that are crying out to be used, and Ive got a neat idea about a ship crossed with a cathedral. It'd even have a pulpit. After all, my Sig is now Canon of the Brick Seas...

3 hours ago, gedren_y said:

Absolutely! The new set looks incredible. :wub:

52 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Probably the best ship I have seen from Lego

An amazing statement, and I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pictures yesterday. Very anxious to see it in person!

53 minutes ago, Bregir said:

I am quite certain it is the first with proper tumblehome

This is what makes it a big step forward for LEGO ships. That and the proper decking.

44 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Of course it needs a third mast

I'm already thinking about how easy it could be to enlarge it for just that purpose.

Can't wait to order it :D

Honestly, it has been really long since I have been so hyped of a new set TLG releases. (or maybe the Harry Potter line was a good effort as well)

It is genius of LEGO to combine a ship and an island together. And the ship is so beautifull it won't misfit between my MOC's :)

Hooray hooray!

Just now, Maxim I said:

And the ship is so beautifull it won't misfit between my MOC's :)

I was actually thinking it could almost look as one of @Capt Wolf 's ships - the way they have done tumblehome and the overall style reminds me of them. (Which I hope comes across as praise for both!)

41 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

An amazing statement, and I was thinking the same thing when I saw the pictures yesterday. Very anxious to see it in person! 

Indeed! Although having seen a few reviews, including comparisons to the original, I've got to say the original is also an all-star. Mainly because the overall shape doesn't have that boxy cabin in the back, but a more dynamic curve.

Just now, Bregir said:

I was actually thinking it could almost look as one of @Capt Wolf 's ships - the way they have done tumblehome and the overall style reminds me of them. (Which I hope comes across as praise for both!)

Have done a few ship as well in the same style (Prince of Stedor, Tuna King, ... (hmm, I love royal titles for my ships haha)).

But indeed, when checking the videos and pictures, I had to think about Capt Wolf's ships as well :)

23 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

Can't wait to order it :D

Honestly, it has been really long since I have been so hyped of a new set

repost... havent felt like this since i was 12 for a LEGO set...

Edited by Fraunces

1 hour ago, Maxim I said:

But indeed, when checking the videos and pictures, I had to think about Capt Wolf's ships as well :)

Same

1 hour ago, Fraunces said:

repost... havent felt like this since i was 12 for a LEGO set...

Same here. But covid19 seriously strangled our economy so I will sober up and wait as a big boy I am :cry_sad: . Ofc I started negotiating with my wife just in case :tongue:

Edited by blackdeathgr

1 hour ago, blackdeathgr said:

I started negotiating with my wife just in case :tongue:

One guy in my LUG has his wife begging him to get it. If he's going to be shut in for weeks, he needs a toy to play with.

I haven't bought a LEGO set in a while, but this one needs to be on my shelf... Really looking forward to the ship portion of the build as well.

I imagine there will be lots of new renditions of the ship sailing the brick seas once we all get it!

Hopefully the set will be around for a while.  I won't be able to buy it right a way.

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

One guy in my LUG has his wife begging him to get it. If he's going to be shut in for weeks, he needs a toy to play with.

Mine gave me a Honey-To-Do list.  So far I finished painting the second floor.  :pir_laugh2:

I'm maintenance considered critical to the continuence of benefits for the company we have 7 hundred some odd employees and all are laid off accept a little over 100 running essential operations ....

At least your still working! I'm a supervisor at a hardware store that has been deemed essential for the time being so I'm still getting a full work week in.