Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

6 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

For those of you who may have the missed the initial launch of the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set, it is now available for back order with orders shipping by July 30th. I put mine on order the minute I saw it and it should be arriving Friday! :excited:

An excellent set. i am sure you will enjoy it. Still at back order status? It IS selling like cookies after all...

That’s awesome thanks for the heads up! I’ve been waiting to order the set myself

On 7/16/2020 at 4:04 AM, blackdeathgr said:

An excellent set. i am sure you will enjoy it. Still at back order status? It IS selling like cookies after all...

When I ordered it, the expected ship date was July 30th. However, it arrived yesterday afternoon to my surprise! 

Unfortunately i have to wait to build it as I just had 4 wisdom teeth taken out on Friday so i can't be leaning over my building table for a few more days! :cry3:

On 7/16/2020 at 7:43 AM, merc said:

That’s awesome thanks for the heads up! I’ve been waiting to order the set myself

No problem! I've been checking on it weekly daily for the past couple months!

I ordered it the very first day it was released and had it in the first wave - might be an advantage to be from the homeland of lego :D

It was a fun build! Come to think of it, I never finished the part turning it into an actual ship!

2 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

wisdom teeth taken out on Friday

Oh, so that's how they are called! I totally feel you. I've taken out one around 10 days ago and it still hurts. The most annoying thing is you cannot eat like a normal person.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:09 PM, Bregir said:

I ordered it the very first day it was released and had it in the first wave - might be an advantage to be from the homeland of lego :D

It was a fun build! Come to think of it, I never finished the part turning it into an actual ship!

Nice! I like it in the shipwreck state that I haven't been able to make myself switch it over yet either!

On 7/19/2020 at 4:09 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Oh, so that's how they are called! I totally feel you. I've taken out one around 10 days ago and it still hurts. The most annoying thing is you cannot eat like a normal person.

I'm ten days in myself and only a day or two ago was i able to really get my jaw movement back with pain. Definitely something I took for granted! 

To BoBS-
I thoroughly appreciate this community and by no means am I leaving the community entirely, but for personal reasons I felt that I needed to take a step back. (i.e. even if that means reading the Corrington PM and new topics on occasion)

Corrington Rules the Waves!

29 minutes ago, Sir Kingston said:

To BoBS-
I thoroughly appreciate this community and by no means am I leaving the community entirely, but for personal reasons I felt that I needed to take a step back. (i.e. even if that means reading the Corrington PM and new topics on occasion)

It's been nice serving alongside you. Hope to see you come back in the future!

On 9/26/2019 at 10:41 PM, dr_spock said:

Edited by blackdeathgr
Please delete. Date off

13 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

To BoBS-

Well, sorry to hear, but understand completely, and have been in the position once or twice myself. It's totally ok to take a step back from a hobby now and again. 

Hope you are well, and that all continue to be well. 

15 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

To BoBS-

Charge your batteries and have fun! BOBS will be around when you decide it's time to jump in again

I would feel weird to do an unprovoked "hey everybody check out the interview I did" post. I also would not feel that it is my place to post somebody else's cool little lego interview where they give shout outs to BOBS not once, but twice. So @evancelt should consider this provocation. I thought it was nicely done!

56 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:

I would feel weird to do an unprovoked "hey everybody check out the interview I did" post. I also would not feel that it is my place to post somebody else's cool little lego interview where they give shout outs to BOBS not once, but twice. So @evancelt should consider this provocation. I thought it was nicely done!

Haha thanks @CapOnBOBS! I feel a little weird posting it myself as I'm pretty new to BOBS and so many others have been doing this much longer than me, but yes the Amazing Brick Network asked me to do an interview with them a few weeks ago and I definitely gave BOBS a shoutout as the Brick Seas definitely are an inspiration to keep making new builds! Thanks all

Edited by evancelt