Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

10 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

I am actually a real human in a Hawaiian T-shirt, not a stack of 6 racoons wearing a trench coat 

I have no idea why, but I found this hysterical this morning. :pir_laugh2:

Congrats on the Fort scene.  The recognition is well deserved.

Finally had some time to watch the full video - amazing stuff! The pictures alone do not do this build justice, seeing it "in motion" adds so much. And having @CapOnBOBS talking with such enthusiasm... good times! :pir-sweet:

Amazing work @CapOnBOBS!!! I’ll listen everything today, but it’s always nice to remember that actual people (and not stacks of raccoons, something that made me really smile), are beyond all the builds and are keeping our little community alive!

1 hour ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Argh! :pir-triumph:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone on the Brick Seas!

A merry christmas everyone! I hope you all have a wonderful time celebrating the gospel.

Happy New year guys! Hope you all had a good Christmas and year-change party, or how does one call this in English  :pir-laugh:

Edited by Fraunces

58 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

year-change party

New Year's party. We're very boring and unoriginal. The Scots call it Hogmanay, they're the winners here.

On 1/1/2023 at 7:42 AM, Keymonus said:

Happy 2023, guys!!! :pir-huzzah1:

And happy 623, too. :pir-grin:

All the best for 623, fellow Brick Sea'ers :pir-huzzah2:

Was considering a new years build, and I think L'Olius may finally have an occasion for a speech, so I can get my big Westface build out there! :pir-tongue:

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

...so I can get my big Westface build out there! :pir-tongue:

Looking forward to seeing that one out there!

Hello everyone :pir-huzzah2:

Sorry, to bother you with my stupid questions, but i have more :blush:

Residences, plantations and mines generate a monthly yield while the rest of the properties generates a yield every MRCA. When a MRCA takes 2 or 3 months, the 3 mentioned properties generate 2 or 3 times the yield in the timespan of an MRCA?

Salt and coal mines generate 120% return of investment in one month and are by far the best properties in BoBS, is that correct?

A small residence generates 40% return of investment in one month and is the best property that is not a mine, is that correct?

2 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Hello everyone :pir-huzzah2:

Sorry, to bother you with my stupid questions, but i have more :blush:

Residences, plantations and mines generate a monthly yield while the rest of the properties generates a yield every MRCA. When a MRCA takes 2 or 3 months, the 3 mentioned properties generate 2 or 3 times the yield in the timespan of an MRCA?

Salt and coal mines generate 120% return of investment in one month and are by far the best properties in BoBS, is that correct?

A small residence generates 40% return of investment in one month and is the best property that is not a mine, is that correct?

Hello! Actually all the yields (and maintenance costs) are calculated on the MRCA turn (the M is because originally we intended it to occur monthly, but then the game grew too much to actually manage everything in a month). In some of the threads, therefore, the “monthly” term remains.

I think that the only things that are still month-based are the number of properties you can license per month (not the ones you build or publish, just when you register them), the prize for your free builds (10 dbs each for the first three, declining sums after) and some time limits (prospecting and mine licensing should happen in different months).

About the ROI… a small residence is probably the best regular property, but you should really build them in batches to get a reasonable profit.

Coal and saltpetre mines are also the best (the only ones with a ROI >1, if you don’t consider the prospecting cost), but in general all the mines repay themselves very quickly. In EGS terms, they are likely the best investment.

4 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Residences, plantations and mines generate a monthly yield while the rest of the properties generates a yield every MRCA.

What Keymonus said about the monthly stuff. Everything is on the same schedule. We originally intended monthly, but we can't process the MRCAs that quickly.

1 hour ago, Keymonus said:

As a percentage, that's correct, but because of the low value and limit on how much you can license per month, you're probably better off with the other property types (factory/artisan/commerce). You get your first small property free, so use that on something that costs more to license than a residence. Then you can build small residences for a bit to save money as you build some revenue until you can afford to build other stuff.

Also, don't forget that your first class 2 ship is free to license, and with that you can get into the next MRCA and make some DBs that way, too.

Thanks guys! I don't know why, but it's very confusing for me. Maybe i will just continue without the economic game system and focus on mocs and story :blush:

5 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

I don't know why, but it's very confusing for me

Oi think it's confusing for everyone until you license a couple of builds, then it makes sense. But you don't have to do the economic part of the game if you don't want to.

@Yperio_Bricks be not down-hearted! I'd be happy to walk you through it step by step in PM. 

Maybe this'll help? Or make it worse...

Setting aside liscencing entirely for a moment;

ALL builds you make and post are considered Free Builds (FB)

All Free Builds reward DBs currency regardless of what it is. A small vignette or a royal palace are the same in regards to rewarding the player

The first 3 FB you post in a month will reward you 10dbs each and 5 each for the next 3 after that.

In order to claim said rewards, seek out a form at the bottom of the Master Index titled 'Build Submittal Form', fill out the questions, and submit it.

That's all there is for registering a build.

LICENSING is it's own step and form.

After submitting the Build Submittal Form I will determine whether the build is a property or a ship. Easy enough there.

I will seek out the Property License or Ship License Form, whichever is applicable, and fill that out and submit it next.

That is it.

A total of 2 forms for ships, troops and buildings. Anything else is just the single FB submittal. Vignettes and the like.

Your FIRST ship AND building licenses are each free. 

When you choose your first building, go for something large and expensive and get it licensed for free.

Your first ship can be a class 0-2 for free. Note; You don't pay upkeep on ships until your total ship upkeep exceeds 100dbs per. So go big here as well.

You should have 25 dbs just for starting out.

Hopefully that helps?

4 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

The first 3 FB you post in a month will reward you 10dbs each and 5 each for the next 3 after that.

I thought its first 2 - 10dbs and the next 2 - 5 dbs.

… And your first SMALL build is free…

14 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Your FIRST ship AND building licenses are each free. 

When you choose your first building, go for something large and expensive and get it licensed for free.

I shall need to correct this, but otherwise, a fine introduction to the EGS.

Every player has one free class 1 or 2 ship license. And every player gets one free small property license to get started. It is economically best to not go for a residence, as that has the lowest yield.