Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

I don't think we really have any pre-age of sail history fleshed out, I would think you could probably make anything up provided it sounds fairly realistic.  Atlantis-style definitely fits with the name Halos!  On the other hand, I could almost see a trireme somewhere in current-day BoBS in one of these less western-inspired NPCs.

11 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Has there been much work on the prehistory of BOBS? I'm imagining a Atlantis-style city for the Halos empire. Could be fun to explore. I already have the front end of a trireme, and I'm curious about ways I could use it...

18 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Has there been much work on the prehistory of BOBS? I'm imagining a Atlantis-style city for the Halos empire. Could be fun to explore. I already have the front end of a trireme, and I'm curious about ways I could use it...

I still have to do a full write-up on the history of the Truachesh neh Triuri, and their Crahaish neh Triuri. The Eslandola leadership recognized as canon the Crahaish maps "proving" that there had been previous exploration of the New Haven Sea as part of an Adventure thread. (One of my political campaigning builds was used as part of the impetus, and I made @Capt Wolf's Willem Guilder grumpy in it.)

Would love to feature a partially restored Trireme at the Museum of Antiquities :D

On 8/17/2022 at 4:24 PM, evancelt said:

Would love to feature a partially restored Trireme at the Museum of Antiquities

I'm thinking I might turn it into a shipwreck with a clue to the location of Atlantis...

I was painting a frigate on a canvas and she reminded me of the HMS Argonaut. And because I wanted to add two other ships in the background, I thought I could as well just put my Lego ships in it. So here it is, the HMS Argonaut, the Sjælland and the HMS Ymir.

52338583335_3c1575977b_h.jpg

52338362418_7156ce698c.jpg

52338428389_0b4d85e42d.jpg

52338553495_328b2a1ce8.jpg

52338128001_479b80992b.jpg

Edited by Wellesley

5 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Wonderful painting !

This could be a nice add on in my living room beside my painting/photo of the Hermione

Well, I intend to sell it in the future, but right now it hangs a bit in the gallery for people to see. And I don't get why you want to have Corrish ships in your living room. Not that you begin to throw darts at them or something:D

1 hour ago, Wellesley said:

And I don't get why you want to have Corrish ships in your living room

I have a nice fireplace in my living room and canvas burns well. :grin:

@Wellesley Just WOW!!! Excellent painting! In fact, any depiction of sea scenes especially with sailing ships is great!!!

If  I had to comment LEGO style, I see great techniques all around ; waves, clouds, the sails, all are wonderful !!!

On 5/18/2022 at 10:52 PM, Ross Fisher said:

I've been writing a 6-part Sleepy Hollow-inspired story.

Is anyone interested in joining this collab? We've had a couple of people drop out, so we've got space for a couple more people to join in.

Just a reminder that there are still two weeks to go in the annual Oktoberfest mini-challenge, and prizes still outnumber entries. :pir-oh:

Hi friends. 

I am sorry to have been such a ghost! I had no intention of vanishing, a lot has been going on in real life, but in spite of that, I hope to be back and more active going forward. Specifically, apologies to the Oleon team, talking to the team a bit and looking at some of what I've missed, looks like I wasn't the only one who has been absent. 

The break came clean and sudden because I was trying to focus my lego-time on prepping for my first Convention MOC display. So, as real world stuff was mounting, I laser focused on getting that all prepped (instead of BOBS) and then once the convention was over, basically put the bricks all up and face the real world until now basically. Imagine the, "no... I promised myself I was going to do this MOC and by god, I WILL get this thing done" while volcanos erupt and meteors rain down. I just posted that fort out in the Pirate MOC page, hope you all appreciate it. As currently configured, I don't think it fits in our little universe. 

Teaser Shot:

289654793_10101401237575580_7134285468167455575_n

I have genuinely missed you all, your amazing lego-art, and BOBS. I am hoping to stay active. 

-Dan

redcoats working together with pirates... pffff

We're touching those, okay ?!

On 11/27/2022 at 6:34 AM, CapOnBOBS said:

I am sorry to have been such a ghost! I had no intention of vanishing

You will be punished whatever the reason !

Good to have you back, sir! And thanks for the call-out to BoBS!

If some day, we could have a BoBS collab at one of these conventions, that would be great fun!

How is that not easily done as a fortress build? I am unsure if it fits the Royal size, but it is at least a Large one without a doubt.

38 minutes ago, Darnok said:

How is that not easily done as a fortress build? I am unsure if it fits the Royal size, but it is at least a Large one without a doubt.

Agreed. If you count the whole build, it's big enough for a royal fortress. If you disregard the landing scenes on the beach, it looks like it comes up short of a royal, but easily a large. Personally, I think its worthy of a royal license.

it would, of course, need to be posted in the BoBS forum to be licensed.

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Agreed. If you count the whole build, it's big enough for a royal fortress. If you disregard the landing scenes on the beach, it looks like it comes up short of a royal, but easily a large. Personally, I think its worthy of a royal license.

it would, of course, need to be posted in the BoBS forum to be licensed.

Given that we are fairly strict on the size requirements for a royal, any shortcomings could easily be addressed by one or more smaller additional builds from other builders.

11 hours ago, evancelt said:

Beyond the Brick

Hey gang thanks for the warm welcome back. After talking to the Beyond the Brick guys, I was excited and checked their channel every day for a couple weeks and then assumed I hadn't made the cut. I didn't realize they had actually posted it until the pirates MOC comment, "I saw this thing on Beyond the Brick!" I'm basically basking in my 15 minutes. Not as good as getting an Oleon flag onto Lego Masters @KotZ but I told my family, I'm a pretty big deal now. "MOM! I GOT 19K VIEWS ON ON THE INTERNET!... what... no not for work... for Lego Pirate stuff!"

Thanks @evancelt for sharing that link, so that's me, I am actually a real human in a Hawaiian T-shirt, not a stack of 6 racoons wearing a trench coat or a deep fake AI algorithm. I do really hope you all like it. There is a lot of your build styles and feedback over my time in BOBS built into that. So thanks for your continued support in improving my builds! There is a lot of BOBS in there in general!

As for finding a home for that build here in BOBS, thanks for all the positive and accommodating comments. The actual battle scene of Red vs. Blue isn't a story line any of us want to pursue at the moment. Also, great work ongoing in Oleon to balance our budget and I'm not sure a new Royal Fortress will help that effort. I didn't mean to say it would not ever get licensed, but probably not exactly in its current configuration. Again, thanks for the warm welcome back. 

On 8/16/2022 at 2:43 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Not quite. I wrote one a while back, which essentially had a Rome-like "Ancient Empire" covering all of the Halosian Continent, followed by a "Madrician" Empire inspired by the Byzantines, which collapsed into Eslandola, Oleon, and Corrington. It wasn't accepted into canon though, and in all honesty it wouldn't need to be. I wouldn't be surprised if a few other builders had their own pieces on it. 

I like the idea that we have something where the past is mostly shrouded in mystery, so that builders can take it where they want to. I think an Atlantis setting south of New Oleon would be really cool, and it wouldn't need much reference to the prehistory, other than the mention of the "Ancient Empire" that the calendar starts after the collapse of.