Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

You can add me to the builders' list, as well. Always in for some gothicness.

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Sure we are

I think you missed the part where he said we'll be using fleshies :pir-devil:

Edited by Justsomebrix

10 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

I think you missed the part where he said we'll be using fleshies :pir-devil:

I'll do without your sarcasm, young man !

:grin:

Hello, maties!

Myself and @evancelt have made a Lego Pirates Discord server. It has it's own space for BotBS members to chat and share work in progress pictures. Not to take away from these Forums, but to have a more relaxed and informal way for chatting and showing MOCs and inspiration etc.

If you'd be interested, even just to join and see, use this link.

Hope to see you there! :pir-huzzah2:

Just a heads up, you may want to discuss this with Eurobricks HQ before you go ahead with setting up a side-along Discord channel. It was a similar action that led to the break-up of the Factions game.

13 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

Myself and @evancelt have made a Lego Pirates Discord server. It has it's own space for BotBS members to chat and share work in progress pictures.

1 minute ago, Ross Fisher said:

Just a heads up, you may want to discuss this with Eurobricks HQ before you go ahead with setting up a side-along Discord channel. It was a similar action that led to the break-up of the Factions game.

Everything is tickety-boo with the staff. Mister Phes is a moderator on the server, and any BotBS chats are nothing game-changing or anything, just small chats and more wip photos to share and discuss.

The main focus of the server is Lego Pirates, BotBS is a side-part where members can have more informal conversations :pir-blush:

Heya!  Any other BoBSers at Brickworld Chicago this year?  I've spotted some of Phred's ships (though I've yet to catch the man himself, :pir-grin:) but I'd love to meet up with anyone else there too!  If you want a sneak peak at my latest (and largest) BOBS project yet we'd love to see you over at the Innovalug table :pir-sweet:

Not at BrickWorld this year due to a crazy work and kid summer camp schedule, but hoping to make it to future ones. Looking forward to seeing your biggest-yet BOBS project!

On 6/17/2022 at 7:17 AM, Garmadon said:

Heya!  Any other BoBSers at Brickworld Chicago this year?  I've spotted some of Phred's ships (though I've yet to catch the man himself, :pir-grin:) but I'd love to meet up with anyone else there too!  If you want a sneak peak at my latest (and largest) BOBS project yet we'd love to see you over at the Innovalug table :pir-sweet:

Ah I was there with the EB team! I actually got to meet Phred and chatted with him. Nice guy!

I have yet to make it to an exhibition in or around Germany with my ships. It would be nice to see some EB members. 

15 minutes ago, Wellesley said:

I have yet to make it to an exhibition in or around Germany with my ships. It would be nice to see some EB members. 

Please let us know if and when, in advance. And if you ever make it to Berlin, please let me know. :pir-classic:

Had a chance to meet @Vedauwoo at this past weekend's FanExpo Denver where CoWLUG and DENLUG had a display. We may be seeing his return to BoBS in the future :pir-sweet:

BrickNerd is running a contest with a piratical flair, probably would be hard to make a BoBS build out of it but the prizes are worth trying for in their own right, thought some of you might be interested!

On 7/5/2022 at 6:38 PM, evancelt said:

Had a chance to meet @Vedauwoo at this past weekend's FanExpo Denver where CoWLUG and DENLUG had a display. We may be seeing his return to BoBS in the future :pir-sweet:

That would be appreciated !

On 7/13/2022 at 9:07 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Has anyone seen The Sea Beast on Netflix? Great Age of Sail vibes

I saw it over the weekend. I thought the world building was interesting and most of the visuals were very nice, except for the sea beat itself which I found a bit lacking. Also, the story is just a retread of the better "How to train your dragon" with a weird "watch out for fake news" message shoehorned in at the end, IMHO.

The design on the characters, ships and setting were all top notch, though :thumbup:. Really loved that.

On 7/13/2022 at 12:07 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Has anyone seen The Sea Beast on Netflix? Great Age of Sail vibes

I watched last night. Good little bit of fun. I tend to agree with Khorne's assessment. The whole movie could've profited from a more forceful editor. 30mins could be shaved off, making the pacing and storytelling much tighter.

I am of the mind that the end was more about, 'don't take power at its word'. A fine enough message for kids but it definitely seemed like a clumsy after-thought.

Still, it's aesthetics are fantastic, it scratches the itch, and it got a thumbs up from me.

'She's all vinegar." :pir_laugh2:

Also; 'Jibaro'? From Love Death Robots?

I read its intro after watching it the first time. Without the exposition, it was much more unsettling.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

14 minutes ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Also; 'Jibaro'? From Love Death Robots?

I read its intro after watching it the first time. Without the exposition, it was much more unsettling.

Yeah, I built this after seeing it:

Arthur and the Lady of the Lake

Agree that its a very weird story. Pretty cool aesthetics though. 

3 hours ago, Khorne said:

the story is just a retread of the better "How to train your dragon" 

Yeah, I was saying that at the time. Bit of fluff. 

3 hours ago, Khorne said:

The design on the characters, ships and setting were all top notch, though :thumbup:. 

18 minutes ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

it's aesthetics are fantastic, it scratches the itch, and it got a thumbs up from me.

Uhhuh. Very much wanna build a monster-hunter after seeing that. Though not the 6-decker man-o-war the armada has. Glorious though it is, I will never have the parts needed to build something that impressive. Very Eslandolan. 

34 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Yeah, I built this after seeing it:

I can see the influence. Your water-effects are coming along very nicely. 

Yeah, the Imperator was something to behold. A grand war-chandelier. Coulda done with seeing it a bit more.

On 6/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, Spud The Viking said:

Hello, maties!

Myself and @evancelt have made a Lego Pirates Discord server. It has it's own space for BotBS members to chat and share work in progress pictures. Not to take away from these Forums, but to have a more relaxed and informal way for chatting and showing MOCs and inspiration etc.

If you'd be interested, even just to join and see, use this link.

Hope to see you there! :pir-huzzah2:

I clicked the link and it says invalid. Is there a new link?