Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

Now I'm out of projects. Don't know, if that is a good or bad thing in the current situation.
There are at least two ships I want to build within the next decade or so, but right now I don't see enough reason to go for them.

Maybe a fun build here or there. Probably sorting, cleaning and selling some parts.

Hope to see a lot of ships here meanwhile.

P.S.: Ah, I forgot about the little fishing boat I started:facepalm:
So maybe you will see another ship this year...

CoWLUG is holding our white elephant gift exchange tomorrow (delayed until now due to COVID). Hopefully whoever receives this gift is a pirates fan!

Spoiler

2022-lug-white-elephant.jpg

It looks a little goofy, but modeled my badge bling for the meeting on @Ayrlego's Port Woodhouse style. Luckily has strong magnets on the back. :pir-grin:

Spoiler

2022-lug-badge-pw.jpg

Edited by evancelt

Good luck on inciting some pirate love/attracting one more follower to join the "right way" (of piracy?)!! :cannon:

The badge feel too heavy indeed (basically anything with over 4 stacks of 1x6 bricks is cumbersome imo). I hope you know what you are doing as straightening that huge badge every other second, will be tiresome! :pir_tong2:

Edited by blackdeathgr

1 minute ago, blackdeathgr said:

The badge feel too heavy indeed (basically anything with over 4 stacks of 1x6 bricks is cumbersome imo). I hope you know what you are doing as straightening that huge badge every other second, will be tiresome! :pir_tong2:

Haha it ended up working out - the badge has 3 really strong magnets on the back so that kept it attached and aligned :)

I added another row of whiteish wall below the 'Volunteer' brick and ditched the pink flower. 

So being careful to not take a side and talk politics in this safe space we all have here, I know I am personally pretty sad and upset about the events unfolding on the world stage right now and I hope that none of you and your families are involved. The older I get, the more I appreciate peace. It is a tragedy for all of us when and where we do not have it (even when we feel war is necessary, it is still tragic).

4 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:

So being careful to not take a side and talk politics in this safe space we all have here, I know I am personally pretty sad and upset about the events unfolding on the world stage right now and I hope that none of you and your families are involved. The older I get, the more I appreciate peace. It is a tragedy for all of us when and where we do not have it (even when we feel war is necessary, it is still tragic).

Well said

26 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:

It is always a sad thing when politics end up affecting so many innocent lives. Wish for the best, and may peace prevail soon for each one of us and our next generation.

Edited by blackdeathgr

On 2/24/2022 at 7:34 PM, CapOnBOBS said:

It is sad and upsetting, and I too hope none here, nor their families, are affected on either side. War *is* horrible, in particular when it is for no good reason other than to fit the power fancies of a few powerful men. I am an army veteran myself, and have seen a very little bit of war - it brings suffering to everyone near, yet rarely to the true culprits.

Sometimes, though, it is ok to take a side. And right now, the Sea Rat colours are looking damn fine! :pir-huzzah2:

On 2/14/2022 at 1:23 PM, evancelt said:

Haha it ended up working out - the badge has 3 really strong magnets on the back so that kept it attached and aligned :)

I added another row of whiteish wall below the 'Volunteer' brick and ditched the pink flower. 

I never wear my brickworld badge lol it winds up on the layout table with in the first ten minutes lol so hats off if you made it through an event and it was still on 

10 hours ago, Bregir said:

And right now, the Sea Rat colours are looking damn fine!

I was about to ask the court to change the colours (to avoid a stray bullet *huh* )

On 2/28/2022 at 9:15 AM, Professor Thaum said:

I was about to ask the court to change the colours (to avoid a stray bullet *huh* )

Nah, no need to rewrite (BoBS) history. Those Sea Rats colors preceed many current or past events. They are even considered pretty much ancient by a mosquito's lifetime! :pir-tongue:

4 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Is a sheep herder an artisan or a plantation?

depends on the size of the herd lol

5 hours ago, Maxim I said:

There are a bunch of sheep builds here in Wullham so you could review how they are categorized there!

8 hours ago, Maxim I said:

I guess it depends on the build quite a bit. Assuming there would be some of the sheep-herding shown, possibly including the storage of whool and whatnot: artisan. If it was more about a wide landscape build, sheep herd spread out, herder sleeping under a tree: plantation. Personally I'd gravitate towards the artisan though - this is more about the craft of the sheep handler than about "growing whool".

19 hours ago, Maxim I said:

It could go either way. If artisan, though, you'd need to highlight things like sheering the sheep and handling the wool. If it's just a sheep herder with his flock, then I'd say plantation.

Hey in case anyone hasn't seen, there are some great new parts available at the LEGO build your own minifig section of the LEGO store. ofc there are the new red falcons/white eagle castle faction (which as a huge black falcons fan is very exciting!!!), but more relevant for us here is the new medium nougat tricorne with dark red hair and a piratish torso! Here is one I prepared earlier!

52070664892_8cd2116f9e.jpg

15 hours ago, Ayrlego said:

Hey in case anyone hasn't seen, there are some great new parts available at the LEGO build your own minifig section of the LEGO store.

Thanks! Will have to check that out the next time Im in a brick & mortar LEGO shop!

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Hallelujah ! Your soul could be saved my friend !

Bwahahahaa! Yes, submit to the sulphurous yellow. Purge your flesh. Bow to father Hades!

I've been writing a 6-part Sleepy Hollow-inspired story. It'll be set in old world Eslandola, but the vibe is very much colonial America. I've got the story down, but I'm wondering whether anyone is interested in contributing builds? 16x16 studs. Nothing too drastic. I'm gonna try for realistic muted colours, and real flesh tones. This sort of vibe:

The First Snow of Winter 1777

I'd probably want to publish the 6th part of the story on Halloween, everything else before then. Let me know if you're interested.

Edited by Ross Fisher