Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

Merry Christmas to all of BoBS. :pir-huzzah2:  I hope the jolly red minifig brings you all the bricks you wished for!

Happy to announce that I ended Christmas with less lego than I began. My daughter (almost 4) asked Santa the other day for "A lego pirate ship OF MY OWN, that I can build with daddy and then keep in my room to be mine!" So Barracuda Bay has been out of stock for weeks, so I reboxed mine and very selflessly wrapped it up for her. She shrieked "AH MY VERY OWN PIRATE SHIP!" Great success!

On 12/27/2021 at 3:40 AM, CapOnBOBS said:

I ended Christmas with less lego than I began

The ultimate sacrifice. 

On 12/27/2021 at 3:40 AM, CapOnBOBS said:

I reboxed mine and very selflessly wrapped it up for her.

Honestly, this is a really cool move from you. I don't know if I would have the strength of character to do this.

On 12/27/2021 at 5:40 AM, CapOnBOBS said:

Happy to announce that I ended Christmas with less lego than I began. My daughter (almost 4) asked Santa the other day for "A lego pirate ship OF MY OWN, that I can build with daddy and then keep in my room to be mine!" So Barracuda Bay has been out of stock for weeks, so I reboxed mine and very selflessly wrapped it up for her. She shrieked "AH MY VERY OWN PIRATE SHIP!" Great success!

That's so cute (and barbaric at the same time :pir-tongue: ). At least your daughter is into pirates. A single thought crossed my mind when I was buying Barracuda Bay back then, to get it x3 that is (daddy, son A and son B) but I didn't won the lottery so I passed and carried on with my life :pir_tong2: 

11 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Honestly, this is a really cool move from you. I don't know if I would have the strength of character to do this.

Me neither. Yet again mine are (fortunately?) only 3+ and 2+ . I guess in a couple of years we can build "grown up" stuff together (I mean other than cars and various stuff with loads of wheels in strange places) :pir-grin:

On 12/26/2021 at 7:40 PM, CapOnBOBS said:

Oh man. What a coincidence! I had to trade my kid for a used Barracuda bay! ;) seriously though, that's awesome. More kids need a parent like that.

Popped in to see if a light was on in the print shop.  Nope. Regardless...

Happy New Year!

On 12/26/2021 at 9:40 PM, CapOnBOBS said:

Kudos to you. Dad of the year! :thumbup::pir-huzzah2:

3 hours ago, Kwatchi said:

Popped in to see if a light was on in the print shop.  Nope.

Actually, couriers have been spotted taking messages to the KPA offices this week ...

Happy New Year folks!

Thanks to the amazing people who work behind the scenes to keep the game running, and to all you builders who keep this wonderful game alive!! :pir-huzzah2:

Happy New Years all!

Had a LEGO-y xmas after giving my kids a ton of Classic Castle loose parts. There is a large castle under construction at the moment.

Spoiler

xmas-castle-1.jpg

xmas-castle-2.jpg

xmas-castle-3.jpg

Some crazy fires here in Colorado meant we had to evacuate for a while but hopefully back to building soon

53 minutes ago, evancelt said:

Happy New Years all!

Had a LEGO-y xmas after giving my kids a ton of Classic Castle loose parts. There is a large castle under construction at the moment.

Reveal hidden contents

xmas-castle-1.jpg

xmas-castle-2.jpg

xmas-castle-3.jpg

Some crazy fires here in Colorado meant we had to evacuate for a while but hopefully back to building soon

Happy New Years all!

These are great photos of the castle building with your kids! I hope your home survived the fire unscathed.

It's great seeing people build! My dad and I built the Fender stratocaster over the holidays (his first set ever) and now he went and ordered the new modular for himself.