Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

2 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

THAT SAID, "the protection radius of forts is obsolete." is a HUGE change

Yes, but I know this was discussed publicly sometime in the past, probably when the raid rules were rolled out.

2 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

not well understood mechanisms for how the attack on King's Port was different from the attack on Fatu Hiva

Actually, they weren't that different. The real issue here is that the land combat rules weren't ready for large scale attacks. There are a lot of issues at play.

My main reply here is that the rules as written when the game started have evolved, and it's tricky to keep track of it for all of us. It's always a good idea to ask about something (either publicly or in a PM) if you intend to do something that hasn't been done before.

Picked up 70410 Soldiers Outpost and 6259 Broadside's Brig today. Yay bluecoats!

Super cool @Fraunces!

I tried to turn my featured builds into that sort of masonry grid / scrapbook on a website - you can view it here: https://evancelt.corrington.club/ . My signature links there too. When you click on the images it displays a large version with a link to the build thread.

If you'd like me to set up something similar for you (e.g., fraunces.corrington.club) that you can keep updated, let me know! Happy to set it up / host it for free

EDIT: That corrington.club domain is something I set up for Corrington folks to host their images for posting on BoBs and a handful of players are using it for that purpose. If other BoBs players don't mind it mentioning Corrington, happy to offer it up to them as well. Just send me a PM

Edited by evancelt

That's awesome @Fraunces! My favorite MOC you've done will always be the underwater/cave creation with the white shark. So many great creations!

Your website looks great, @evancelt! Your creations have so much life and your scenes really do an excellent job of depicting exactly what you're looking for. I absolutely love each of your scenes.

6 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

That's awesome @Fraunces! My favorite MOC you've done will always be the underwater/cave creation with the white shark.

Agreed that cave one is great! I'm also pretty partial to the jungle temple!

6 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Your creations have so much life and your scenes really do an excellent job of depicting exactly what you're looking for. I absolutely love each of your scenes.

Thanks!

Edited by evancelt

23 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

That's awesome @Fraunces! My favorite MOC you've done will always be the underwater/cave creation with the white shark. So many great creations!

23 hours ago, evancelt said:

Agreed that cave one is great! I'm also pretty partial to the jungle temple!

23 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Super cool @Fraunces!

Many thanks @The Neighborhood Merchant & @evancelt

If you'd like me to set up something similar for you (e.g., fraunces.corrington.club) that you can keep updated, let me know! Happy to set it up / host it for free

If you want, that is an amazing offer I can't refuse! No possibility to change Corrington to SeaRats? :pir-grin:

4 minutes ago, Fraunces said:

If you want, that is an amazing offer I can't refuse! No possibility to change Corrington to SeaRats? :pir-grin:

Sounds good - Ill send you a PM w/ details. No searats domain just yet :pir-grin:

Edited by evancelt

Can't say I am a big fan of these special series. I simply don't find them useful for purposes. That said, if they made a pirate or castle series, my viewpoint might well change! :pir-grin:

I agree with Bregir.

If I may find some Road Runners, I could use them as Oleon soldiers, but that’s the most I could do with this serie :pir-tongue:

Edited by Maxim I

2 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

If I may find some Road Runners, I could use them as Oleon soldiers

Zing.... booooo :pir-tongue:

Imma need about 20 Marvin the Martians for an elite unit of royal guards. So... just mail those guys on over if you all get one

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

Can't say I am a big fan of these special series. I simply don't find them useful for purposes. That said, if they made a pirate or castle series, my viewpoint might well change! :pir-grin:

That's where I'm at. I don't know why there's the push for single use minifigs en masse. Give me more generic army builder series!

Marvin the Martian's legs look short... and red with white detailing! They might make good drummer boy legs

Speedy's torso would be good for a sailor

Wiley Coyote's feet and tail might be nice as parts of a MOC tree

Bet there are some fun uses for Taz's circle baseplate too... a whirlpool hazard? :pir-grin:

Porky's torso could be for an Oleon gov who was roused from bed quickly after hearing a noise... (had time for a bowtie) :bonaparte:

6 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

And maybe Daffy's legs?

Yeah those could be perfect for some post-treaty COT units :pir-blush: @Bregir

Edited by evancelt

8 hours ago, Mesabi said:

That's where I'm at. I don't know why there's the push for single use minifigs en masse. Give me more generic army builder series!

Yep, me too.

11 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

So, what parts from the new CMF series do you see yourself using with your BoBS builds?

Martin the Martian's helmet might make for an interesting Eslandola guard unit. :pir-grin:

Not sure anymore, hence the question:

A moc that can be licenced, should also be submitted as freebuild or not?

4 minutes ago, Maxim I said:

Not sure anymore, hence the question:

A moc that can be licenced, should also be submitted as freebuild or not?

If you want the freebuild payments, yes.

1 minute ago, Bregir said:

If you want the freebuild payments, yes.

Money!

Yet another question from me!

I was working on some buildings for the RNTC and I was wondering, I intend to make a large plantation with an orchard attached (Large enough to count as a seperate license). The orchard would be to make fruit-wines, since I don't want to stick to just grapes...

Could I still classify them as "wine related plantation" for the bonuses, or am I going to have to specifically add grapes in order to make it count?

Edited by Thomas Waagenaar

22 hours ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

fruit-wines

I am not entirely aware what fruit-wines is, but the real question is whether you will be stretching a monopoly on wine (which I think is what you are referring to) to also cover some form of fruits. My immediate reaction is that that would be a stretch.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

I am not entirely aware what fruit-wines is, but the real question is whether you will be stretching a monopoly on wine (which I think is what you are referring to) to also cover some form of fruits. My immediate reaction is that that would be a stretch.

Under fruit-wines falls basically everything that isn't a wine made of grapes. And wine in and of itself isn't just grapes either. Especially since wine itself is basically as old as civilisation, and fruits were mostly used in places where there didn't have grapes, for example if the climate didn't allow for it. Although I do understand the confusion since in the modern day people tend to associate wine only with grapes. 
Only reason I personally know about them is because I dislike the taste of "normal" wines in real life, but tend to enjoy fruit wines, since they tend to be A LOT sweeter and I enjoy the fruit-like taste ^^. 

In short, it's literally just wine but made from anything that isn't the standard grape. I would suggest giving this page a read, whilst trying out a bottle of fruit-wine yourself ;). https://cherrywine.com/learn-about/fruit-wines/ 

But anyways, if that's the case, I'll happily replace all the trees with grapes. Just wanted to make the thing look a bit more varried rather than just rows of grapes :P.

18 minutes ago, Thomas Waagenaar said:

Under fruit-wines falls basically everything that isn't a wine made of grapes.

I learned a new thing today!

That said, I think orchards wouldn't count towards a monopoly. Cider is the main product made from apples. Apple wine (he quickly Googles) requires more sugar. Might be why you like it more. You've got a sweet tooth!

38 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

I learned a new thing today!

That said, I think orchards wouldn't count towards a monopoly. Cider is the main product made from apples. Apple wine (he quickly Googles) requires more sugar. Might be why you like it more. You've got a sweet tooth!

I actually wanted to make grapefruit and citrus trees/bushes :p