Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

6 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

For those of you who may have the missed the initial launch of the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set, it is now available for back order with orders shipping by July 30th. I put mine on order the minute I saw it and it should be arriving Friday! :excited:

An excellent set. i am sure you will enjoy it. Still at back order status? It IS selling like cookies after all...

That’s awesome thanks for the heads up! I’ve been waiting to order the set myself

On 7/16/2020 at 4:04 AM, blackdeathgr said:

An excellent set. i am sure you will enjoy it. Still at back order status? It IS selling like cookies after all...

When I ordered it, the expected ship date was July 30th. However, it arrived yesterday afternoon to my surprise! 

Unfortunately i have to wait to build it as I just had 4 wisdom teeth taken out on Friday so i can't be leaning over my building table for a few more days! :cry3:

On 7/16/2020 at 7:43 AM, merc said:

That’s awesome thanks for the heads up! I’ve been waiting to order the set myself

No problem! I've been checking on it weekly daily for the past couple months!

I ordered it the very first day it was released and had it in the first wave - might be an advantage to be from the homeland of lego :D

It was a fun build! Come to think of it, I never finished the part turning it into an actual ship!

2 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

wisdom teeth taken out on Friday

Oh, so that's how they are called! I totally feel you. I've taken out one around 10 days ago and it still hurts. The most annoying thing is you cannot eat like a normal person.

On 7/19/2020 at 2:09 PM, Bregir said:

I ordered it the very first day it was released and had it in the first wave - might be an advantage to be from the homeland of lego :D

It was a fun build! Come to think of it, I never finished the part turning it into an actual ship!

Nice! I like it in the shipwreck state that I haven't been able to make myself switch it over yet either!

On 7/19/2020 at 4:09 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Oh, so that's how they are called! I totally feel you. I've taken out one around 10 days ago and it still hurts. The most annoying thing is you cannot eat like a normal person.

I'm ten days in myself and only a day or two ago was i able to really get my jaw movement back with pain. Definitely something I took for granted! 

To BoBS-
I thoroughly appreciate this community and by no means am I leaving the community entirely, but for personal reasons I felt that I needed to take a step back. (i.e. even if that means reading the Corrington PM and new topics on occasion)

Corrington Rules the Waves!

29 minutes ago, Sir Kingston said:

To BoBS-
I thoroughly appreciate this community and by no means am I leaving the community entirely, but for personal reasons I felt that I needed to take a step back. (i.e. even if that means reading the Corrington PM and new topics on occasion)

It's been nice serving alongside you. Hope to see you come back in the future!

On 9/26/2019 at 10:41 PM, dr_spock said:

Edited by blackdeathgr
Please delete. Date off

13 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

To BoBS-

Well, sorry to hear, but understand completely, and have been in the position once or twice myself. It's totally ok to take a step back from a hobby now and again. 

Hope you are well, and that all continue to be well. 

15 hours ago, Sir Kingston said:

To BoBS-

Charge your batteries and have fun! BOBS will be around when you decide it's time to jump in again

I would feel weird to do an unprovoked "hey everybody check out the interview I did" post. I also would not feel that it is my place to post somebody else's cool little lego interview where they give shout outs to BOBS not once, but twice. So @evancelt should consider this provocation. I thought it was nicely done!

56 minutes ago, CapOnBOBS said:

I would feel weird to do an unprovoked "hey everybody check out the interview I did" post. I also would not feel that it is my place to post somebody else's cool little lego interview where they give shout outs to BOBS not once, but twice. So @evancelt should consider this provocation. I thought it was nicely done!

Haha thanks @CapOnBOBS! I feel a little weird posting it myself as I'm pretty new to BOBS and so many others have been doing this much longer than me, but yes the Amazing Brick Network asked me to do an interview with them a few weeks ago and I definitely gave BOBS a shoutout as the Brick Seas definitely are an inspiration to keep making new builds! Thanks all

Edited by evancelt

On 11/30/2020 at 1:40 AM, evancelt said:

Haha thanks @CapOnBOBS! I feel a little weird posting it myself as I'm pretty new to BOBS and so many others have been doing this much longer than me, but yes the Amazing Brick Network asked me to do an interview with them a few weeks ago and I definitely gave BOBS a shoutout as the Brick Seas definitely are an inspiration to keep making new builds! Thanks all

It's always nice and interesting when one of our talented member gets interviewed (and gives our wonderful community a shoutout ofc)!

Should anyone else do a relevant interview, article, or anything else, I think this topic is a good place to share it. It is, after all, for various banter and small talk. :pir-classic:

While this should not be anyone's personal posterboard, a link to something like this is certainly relevant and welcome!

And on a totally different turn in our discussions...

Been watching a lot of it lately as toddlers are somewhat less "on steroids" when watching Bob Squarepants. Pity TLG hasn't visited this theme once more

I suspect the license discontinuation may have been from the Nickelodeon side. TMNT also went from Lego to Mega Brands. To be fair, Mega Brands figures are very source material accurate.

Hey folks, super new to Eurobricks (created an account just for BoBS!). I'm working on my sigfig, his ship and some simple builds before posting them on the sign up thread.  Still getting used to the forum format though, so I had a couple questions.

Is there a good way to find the Class 2 ships folks have posted?  I'm working on a ship using the hull pieces from the Renegade Rummer with 4 studs in between them, and I think that should.be small enough but wanted to compare the expectations for Class 2 ships.  I was surprised there didn't seem to be many Class 2 Ships on the index I was reading through.

Is there a good way to read a summary of the state of the world?  I understand the 4 main factions I think, but I'm unclear of the other nations of the world and other recent history, and that would help me properly write my signings back story so it meshes well with the world.

I think I know what faction I'm going to join, but would like to build scenes covering the other factions and also the NPC nations... how does that work exactly gameplay wise?

Thanks in advance!  Super excited to join and have some motivation to finally start building the pirate MOCs I've been meaning to.  Pirates was my first theme as a kid so it's been so great seeing the builds here.  Would there happen to be a Discord for this group?

Edited by RobTheVan

Welcome @RobTheVan ! 

21 minutes ago, RobTheVan said:

Discord

Not that I know of, on Flickr and instagram there is a Tag-section however.

22 minutes ago, RobTheVan said:

Is there a good way to read a summary of the state of the world?  I understand the 4 main factions I think, but I'm unclear of the other nations of the world and other recent history, and that would help me properly write my signings back story so it meshes well with the world.

This is a huge summary-file with all threads in it: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/118777-welcome-to-bobs-master-index/

One of the threads is called "BoBS History and Background Thread"

For the latest news we have a newspaper: the KPA : https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/180268-kings-port-advertiser-and-ship-list-vol-5-issue-4/

26 minutes ago, RobTheVan said:

Class 2 ships folks have posted

I really like this one from @Corweena : https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/178027-sr-fb-class-2-sloop-nymeria/

1 hour ago, RobTheVan said:

Hey folks, super new to Eurobricks (created an account just for BoBS!). I'm working on my sigfig, his ship and some simple builds before posting them on the sign up thread.  Still getting used to the forum format though, so I had a couple questions.

First of all, welcome to Eurobricks and BoBS! When I joined in 2016 (616 AE in the in-game calendar) it was the first time I started sharing my builds with others, and I was a little scared, also since I'm not a native English speaker... my suggestion is not to worry at all and to have fun, the others are not here to judge your work, but just to enjoy some pirate-themed builds and stories! :classic:

Is there a good way to find the Class 2 ships folks have posted?  I'm working on a ship using the hull pieces from the Renegade Rummer with 4 studs in between them, and I think that should.be small enough but wanted to compare the expectations for Class 2 ships.  I was surprised there didn't seem to be many Class 2 Ships on the index I was reading through.

I don't think we have an organized ship index, apart from the faction ships (that are usually large warships). Here you can see another example, my old Cormorant (now claimed by Davy Jones with its whole crew): The Cormorant - Brethren of the Brick Seas - Eurobricks Forums

I think I know what faction I'm going to join, but would like to build scenes covering the other factions and also the NPC nations... how does that work exactly gameplay wise?

I think @Fraunces already provided you with most of the useful links... I can only add this (Jameis Farstrider's Guide to Halos - Brethren of the Brick Seas - Eurobricks Forums), some background about the NPC nations (it's very long but quite fun to read).

To answer your question, there are basically three ways to interact with the other nations (or, for instance, also with the mainland of the three Empires):
-The Challenges, that set some major turning points of the "history" (new sea regions discovered...) and grant prizes to the winners. Something big begins, often in an NPC nation (a revolution, a war, a push for exploration...), and you can take one side in the different "tasks".
-The freebuilds: you want to simply build something in a different style? You can basically build anything you want in already explored areas (soldiers, everyday life scenes, things set in the past...). This will have no effect on the world, apart from fleshing out a little the world outside the Brick Seas borders.
-The aMRCAs (Adventure Monthly Raiding and Commerce Activity). You organize an expedition to a foreign country (but also in the interior of an island, the open sea...), asking for feedback from the leadership when the effect of your actions depends on someone else: for instance, I started an expedition towards the Great North (currently blocked in Corrington, since I had to redirect my efforts to time-limited challenges); I will be free to visit ports, explore, meet foreign people, etc., but I will require approval and maybe the completion of specific tasks to, e.g., establish a trade agreement. In this case, your actions influence the World, but they will also require some more effort.

I hope it was useful, and that your choice will be Oleon, the Empire of Light! In any case, welcome again!