Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

I guess it's time to build some piratey things.

49775989906_5fdcf3f6da_z.jpg

For those who are still waiting on their set, here's the timeline for my order.  Note that I am in the California bay area and that I chose the standard free shipping.  I ordered my set at midnight-ish on April 1st, Pacific Time and it arrived in the morning of April 14.  They must be really slammed, since FedEx wasn't even notified until April 8 and it was "In Warehouse" until April 10.  Mine shipped from Illinois.

Tuesday , 4/14/2020

10:45 am
Delivered
Signature Service not requested.
2:43 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
2:32 am
At local FedEx facility

Monday , 4/13/2020
10:04 pm SACRAMENTO, CA
Departed FedEx location
5:50 pm SACRAMENTO, CA
Arrived at FedEx location
4:19 pm SACRAMENTO, CA
In transit
5:17 am SALT LAKE CITY, UT
In transit
5:07 am NORTH SALT LAKE, UT
In transit

Sunday , 4/12/20201:37 pmNORTH SALT LAKE, UT
In transit
12:18 am COALVILLE, UT
In transit

Saturday , 4/11/20201:15 pmCOZAD, NE
In transit
1:10 am ROMEOVILLE, IL
Left FedEx origin facility

Friday , 4/10/2020
5:51 pm ROMEOVILLE, IL
Arrived at FedEx location
12:00 am ROMEOVILLE, IL
Picked up

Wednesday , 4/08/2020
4:14 pm
Shipment information sent to FedEx

16 hours ago, pombe said:

I guess it's time to build some piratey things.

Mind that we want that vitriolic humour back! :pir-grin:

On 4/15/2020 at 9:57 AM, pombe said:

For those who are still waiting on their set, here's the timeline for my order.  Note that I am in the California bay area and that I chose the standard free shipping.  I ordered my set at midnight-ish on April 1st, Pacific Time and it arrived in the morning of April 14.  They must be really slammed, since FedEx wasn't even notified until April 8 and it was "In Warehouse" until April 10.  Mine shipped from Illinois.

Oh, something else happened.  When I ordered the set, only the bunny polybag was available as a free gift, which arrived with the set.  One day after I received both the pirates set and the bunny polybag, I got an email confirmation saying that my LEGO order was shipped again.

It turns out that the easter egg set came back into stock and they sent it to me for free.  So maybe for those who may not have had it available when they made their purchases earlier, you still may get it after the fact.

I do admit to initially wondering if they had sent me a second pirates set by mistake.  :pir-grin:

9 minutes ago, pombe said:

I do admit to initially wondering if they had sent me a second pirates set by mistake. 

That would be a dream come true!

23 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

That would be a dream come true!

And solve the question I've been wrestling with since I got the set... Do I build the hideaway or the ship version???

Hideaway I guess. It's way more elaborate imo. Not that the ship is bad though, on the contrary!

Ah, the tough choices of life...! :pir-tongue:

As I Like that Set I don't think I'm gonna get it, as I think I can get a Lot more value for my Mocs by spending that Money in parts. On the other hand I would Like to See more Pirate Sets and Lego will more likely make some if the Pirates Ideas Set sells good.

Have to think about this...

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2020 at 8:23 AM, Fraunces said:

maybe we should just make capt. Redbeard and the Barracuda Bay/ The BSB a NPC part of the game? That way, we maybe will have a central pirate NPC hideout

Check the latest edition of the KPA and look at the last item under "Pirate Round-Up" :pir-classic:

16 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Check the latest edition of the KPA and look at the last item under "Pirate Round-Up" :pir-classic:

Awesomest addition to the game EVER! :pir-huzzah2:

For story purposes, I guess our friends, the Sea Rats (and other semi-pirating players) can use the fully built Barracuda Bay establishment lorewise for a meeting or two (not counting as MOC ofc). After all, it DOES have an Inn. Because, you know, It is always a joy to see it pop up here and there :pir-love:

Edited by blackdeathgr

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Suggestion: pin this thread.

I have no idea what you are talking about...
:pir-huzzah2:

Spiderwebs have started to come dangerously close to my lego now (my lego room is in the basement...), so it would appear I need to start building more! :pir-grin:

Also, I am seeing so many wonderful builds but hardly have the time to comment - keep up the outstanding work, guys!

18 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Spiderwebs have started to come dangerously close to my lego now (my lego room is in the basement...), so it would appear I need to start building more!

My problem is we're preparing to move, so way too much of my Lego is currently packed away! :pir-bawling:

20 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Also, I am seeing so many wonderful builds but hardly have the time to comment - keep up the outstanding work, guys!

Ditto! There's some cool stuff getting posted, but I haven't had time to comment on much of it. We've got some neat builds out there! :thumbup:

@Bregir @Capt Wolf For me it's the summer. Quarantine sort of ended, the sun is clearly calling me to walk by the sea and while my bricks and my Imperial instincts are really calling me (politics these days have really escalated in BoBS), I can't help but feel that meeting with friends and drinking under the moon in a cosy tavern by the sea is something I cannot resist these days! :pir-huzzah2: Oh, well, I really have to combine both it seems!

Great builds indeed guys! I also like that new energy in BoBS these days that drives us all forward! I can't help but wonder how "Pirates of Barracuda Bay" set helped with all that :wink:

As always, stay safe and have a nice holidays for those that will actually go!

Edited by blackdeathgr

11 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

For me it's the I can't help but wonder how "Pirates of Barracuda Bay" set helped with all that :wink:

It was actually that set exactly, that diverted interest from clay, plaster, foam, etc. modeling to seeing LEGO as another means to do the same. Just like the barracuda bay set, I also stumbled upon this forum entirely by accident, and quite honestly had no idea such a group even existed!

Edited by Sir Kingston

Is there any place to go for microbuild instructions or inspiration? I keep failing to build a proper micro..

2 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Is there any place to go for microbuild instructions or inspiration? I keep failing to build a proper micro..

Tough one, I have similar problems. Googling images with "lego micro moc" gave me plenty of examples, and one could also check the Lego page for the instructions of their own micro build sets (Architecture for example). Other than that I only found experimenting for myself to be of real help.

12 hours ago, Darnok said:

Tough one, I have similar problems. Googling images with "lego micro moc" gave me plenty of examples, and one could also check the Lego page for the instructions of their own micro build sets (Architecture for example). Other than that I only found experimenting for myself to be of real help.

12 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

There are some good examples in this group: https://www.flickr.com/groups/legoinminiature/

Thank you both, it is something I can continue on!

For those of you who may have the missed the initial launch of the Pirates of Barracuda Bay set, it is now available for back order with orders shipping by July 30th. I put mine on order the minute I saw it and it should be arriving Friday! :excited: