Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

4 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Fun use of those printed tiles!  Just recently got a couple myself and been thinking about what to do with them.  The stud shooters look good too, bring the perfect amount of visual interest to your tree.

Same. I'd been wondering what set those tiles were from, but then saw a FB post about the 60234 People Pack - Fun Fair set.

Ross, your builds continue to be excellent. Keep up the great work!

So, it's snowing here in my corner of the Midwest. It won't stick, but how's the weather for everyone else?

7 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

So, it's snowing here in my corner of the Midwest. It won't stick, but how's the weather for everyone else?

We had a sunny day, autumn at its finest. It's supposed to get to (or over) 25^C over the next days.

1 minute ago, Ross Fisher said:

Raining in the UK. Fairly standard.

It's the heavens weeping, for your cursed criminal of a character runs free once more! :pir_tong2:

P.S.: And yeah, while the british weather is not quite as bad as its reputation, rain is quite frequent...

19 hours ago, Mesabi said:

We have beautiful cycling weather in the great white north.  I've been cycling to work and left my new wagon parked all week.  (I have more LUG events coming up, it'll get driven.)  :pir-grin:

Snow could start any time now.  Soon I'll be jumping snow banks (and crashing).  :pir_laugh2:

31313769833_0f54338b4c_z.jpgWinter Outdoor Cycling by dr_spock_888, on Flickr

It's been between lower 40s (4s C) at night and 50s (10 C) and 60s (15 C) in the afternoon and early evenings. So not to bad up in Vermont. At least we get some of the best fall foliage in the country!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

What's with all the snow talk?  It's warming up down here! :laugh:  Only a couple really hot days so far though.

8 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

What's with all the snow talk?  It's warming up down here! :laugh:  Only a couple really hot days so far though.

That's what you get for living in upside-down land. :pir_tong2:

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

I am fairly certain Kai is 'Murican? :pir-grin:

So "down here" might only mean slightly more southern...

Well it was 85 last week... Thus far this week its been in the 60s ... Fall is here leaves are changing but not dropping ... Yet. 

@Mesabi what part of the Midwest are you? im NE corner of indiana and 55 is the lowest we have seen (at night)

53 minutes ago, Bregir said:

Kai also lists Chile in the country section of her profile. That's South America. I actually live where you're describing. Florida is still warm enough that I have to use the air conditioning in the afternoon.

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

gedren has it, although you're right too, I'm 'Murican originally but now I live in upside-down land. :pir-grin:

3 minutes ago, gedren_y said:

Kai also lists Chile in the country section of her profile. That's South America. I actually live where you're describing. Florida is still warm enough that I have to use the air conditioning in the afternoon.

I went to the beach once there in December.  Nice and warm but it got dark earlier than I was counting on. :laugh:

3 hours ago, Darnok said:

You know y'all might be the upside-down ones.  Maybe south is up and north is down.  That would be a real tragedy because then all our globes, maps, etc are all upside-down. :pir-laugh:

15 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

gedren has it, although you're right too, I'm 'Murican originally but now I live in upside-down land. :pir-grin:

I went to the beach once there in December.  Nice and warm but it got dark earlier than I was counting on. :laugh:

You know y'all might be the upside-down ones.  Maybe south is up and north is down.  That would be a real tragedy because then all our globes, maps, etc are all upside-down. :pir-laugh:

If we're upside-down, then you're downside-up.

5 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

They put a huge upside-down globe outside the uni I work at. More controversy than it was worth. Who knew uni students had so many opinions about borders?

8 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Well it was 85 last week... Thus far this week its been in the 60s ... Fall is here leaves are changing but not dropping ... Yet. 

@Mesabi what part of the Midwest are you? im NE corner of indiana and 55 is the lowest we have seen (at night)

Minnesnowta

1 hour ago, Ross Fisher said:

They put a huge upside-down globe outside the uni I work at. More controversy than it was worth. Who knew uni students had so many opinions about borders?

Man, university students have opinions on Everything! They purposely only had abstract abstract art so no one could get offended at my old university. Try being offended by a giant steel support beam wrapped around a circle.

7 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I went to the beach in march on lake superior once. Got to walk out on the ice XD. 

21 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Hi there, what kind of music are you listening at the moment ?

Does it help you to build ?

I typically have netflix going, or Youtube. some sort of series or documentary. But when the building bug really bites (or I am struggling with some tiny piece of rigging...) I tend to miss out on significant part of whatever I am watching... :P

42 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

Hi there, what kind of music are you listening at the moment ?

Does it help you to build ?

Me is AKB48 lastly, a Japanese idol group, they have around 200+ members and hundreds of songs, so I have plenty of choices when I want to listen something.

On 9/27/2019 at 3:41 AM, dr_spock said:

On the off-topic, what's everyone's favorite drink?

Why are we talking drink in a piratey forum, there's nothing to discuss, everyone shall drink rum.:pir_laugh2:

Seriously, my favourite drink is monster and gatorade.

On 10/3/2019 at 10:53 AM, LM71Blackbird said:

Just something some of you may enjoy. My end of summer project that I just finished after about a month and a half of work.

It is a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire. I repainted it from a bright yellow to this blue and converted the doors to lambo doors.

48835293772_90c44048db_b.jpgSunfire blue 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

48835123076_3c8132200e_b.jpgSunfire blue by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

That's a neat little car you got here, does she go as fast a Blackbird?

Btw my ride is blue too, a blue Mazda suv.

46 minutes ago, Professor Thaum said:

I have 2 DBG cars, both are Peugeot brands, nothing very exciting.

What's a DBG car, Professor? Diesel propelled?