Darnok

José's Inn - Ye Olde BoBS Drinking Hole

15 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

It is a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire. I repainted it from a bright yellow to this blue and converted the doors to lambo doors.

Meanwhile the highlight of my driving this year is I'm getting the rear and front windshield replaced on my '09 Nissan Cube :look:

5 hours ago, Fraunces said:

Sweet car @LM71Blackbird !!

Thank you!

5 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Meanwhile the highlight of my driving this year is I'm getting the rear and front windshield replaced on my '09 Nissan Cube :look:

Get caught in a hail storm?

1 minute ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

@LM71Blackbird

Is it LS swapped?

Nope, just has the stock GM 2.2 Ecotec with 140 hp. Being a fairly lightish car it is pretty peppy. Enough to push you back when you floor it.

Edited by LM71Blackbird

32 minutes ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Nope, just has the stock GM 2.2 Ecotec with 140 hp. Being a fairly lightish car it is pretty peppy. Enough to push you back when you floor it.

You should LS swap ... It feels like a go cart lol. Where you go ridiculously fast with only being mildly safe lol... Its great.

22 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Just something some of you may enjoy. My end of summer project that I just finished after about a month and a half of work.

It is a 2002 Pontiac Sunfire. I repainted it from a bright yellow to this blue and converted the doors to lambo doors

Nice.  I was going to continue fixing my 1998 blue VW but then my new car has arrived off the boat.  It only took 4 months for the factory order.  So hard to find a manual transmission wagon in blue these days.

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Did it run into the bowsprit?  :pir-classic:

47 minutes ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

You should LS swap ... It feels like a go cart lol. Where you go ridiculously fast with only being mildly safe lol... Its great.

I have thought about putting a turbo on it, but that will have to wait till next spring!

15 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Nice.  I was going to continue fixing my 1998 blue VW but then my new car has arrived off the boat.  It only took 4 months for the factory order.  So hard to find a manual transmission wagon in blue these days.

Sweet!

7 hours ago, Mesabi said:

Telephone pole truck?

Just now, Roadmonkeytj said:

Telephone pole truck?

40 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

2 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Get caught in a hail storm?

2 separate incidents. The front one got hit by gravel in construction. The back one went when I was trying to close the door and my hand went through it. Thankfully both were covered by insurance, and they were able to get them both fixed today. 

2 minutes ago, Mesabi said:

2 separate incidents. The front one got hit by gravel in construction. The back one went when I was trying to close the door and my hand went through it. Thankfully both were covered by insurance, and they were able to get them both fixed today. 

Insurance is replacing your hand?

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

The back one went when I was trying to close the door and my hand went through it.

Is the window made from tin foil?

1 hour ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Do you have options? Like if you get one like Luke Skywalker, can you do exposed metal or skin overlay?? :head_back:

20 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

I have thought about putting a turbo on it, but that will have to wait till next spring!

Sweet!

Thanks.  I bought the wagon to transport more LEGO® to my LUG events.  It'll be my first turbo.  Do I have to be more religious with the oil changes?  :pir-classic:

19 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

I could 3D print a LEGO® hand if any Sea Rats loses one in performing the duties of a Sea Rat.  :pir_laugh2:

30 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

Thanks.  I bought the wagon to transport more LEGO® to my LUG events.  It'll be my first turbo.  Do I have to be more religious with the oil changes?  :pir-classic:

I could 3D print a LEGO® hand if any Sea Rats loses one in performing the duties of a Sea Rat.  :pir_laugh2:

Not unless you loose the oil seal in the turbo ... You'll know you did ... She'll smoke like crazy.  Just dont go more than twice the recomended miles.

I would be more interested in 3d printed train parts. . . than a hand.

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

Solid advice. Thankful, modern oils do a good job on keeping everything running smoothly.

This is about the only ride I own at the moment...

48014468303_ed6d2f6773.jpg

No oil changes! :tongue:

Edited by Kai NRG

So, anyway, what was I sayin'?

Oh yeh; life weren't all roses for young Bogdan for long. Aged 15 'ee lost 'is da. Salobrinsk were hit by the water-plague of 545. Royal Family weren't interested in pickin up the peices, so 'is ma took 'im back to her own people.

Course, what yeh din't know is that her people were Hetmans among the Gorasnayan Host: Brakhask Cossacks. 

You might'a heard of Boyar Semyon Ivanovitch. Legendary raider? As many enemies his side of the border as on the other? Yeah, turns out he was young Bodan's great uncle or some such. Took the young lad under 'is wing. 

An it seems the Cossacks took to 'im, too. See them fellas are tough bastards. They'll kill a chap soon as look at 'im. But they'll ride through fire for a kinsman, even if it's a rival.

But Bogdan weren't just kin to the Cossacks, he went deep into Mokolei territory with them. Led raids, fought battles, captured loot. In other words, he was a damn sight more successful than any of you lazy sods! Now go and fetch an old soldier another ale!

Cossack raid

Finally! You young-uns are slow with your rounds, aren't yeh? It's too bad my regular audience have all swanned off to Weelond for Oktoberfest.

Right! So yeh remember how Bogdan was with the Cossacks? Things seemed to be going well for him? He was quite happy? 

Yeah, that all went to shit, didn't it? See, by the time ee reached 'is 21st birthday, the Cossacks weren't just raiding Mokolei, but they were pushing into Kalkrein and even Coscovia. Well the Tsar didn't like that, did ee?

Course, ee couldn't exactly push back; The Kingdom of the Great Raider were on the warpath in those days, and it was Coscovia that we're doing the main job of holding them back. So ee sent assassins instead. 

Now, you'll be glad to hear that they didn't survive their encounter with Bogdan. But, unfortunately, 'is ma and the Boyar din't fare so well. 

And when the new Boyar, Kuril, started leading the Brakhask Cossacks... Well, Bogdan could see things weren't going to go his way. 

So, ee did what many smart folk've done before and since: Ee high-tailed and legged it, din't ee? Went off and joined a band of Oruman Gypsies. 

Well, if ye're lookin' for em on a map, don't bother. Orumans go where they want; always have. 

True enough, they are Kolya's Folk. But when Nikolai Ghaskin was handin out territories, their ancestors were off playing knife-games and drinkin piss-water schnapps instead. 

The Orumans are true nomads, even more than the rest of their countrymen. And that suited Bogdan just fine. 

Some reckon ee must've changed 'is name during that time. Went by "Oleg" instead, so the Tsar's killers couldn't find 'im.

There are even rumours ee had a wife during this time. But if that's true, then the rumours she died in childbirth are like to be true as well. I never heard tell anything 'bout the child. 

It might'a been that, that made Bogdan leave the Orumans. Or it might'a been the fact that Tsar Bogdan III famously attended the Oruman Summer Gathering of 562. Either way, our Bogdan's story don't end here...

A gypsy caravan

Edited by Ross Fisher

Great series of builds and story, @Ross Fisher.

I strongly advice that you create a separate thread for this storyline, including the builds and stories you have already posted. It will make it easier to follow, and easier to refer to later, as source material for the Great alliance states! :)

I can only agree with the others: great build, and an interesting ongoing story.

A thread of its own would be a great thing for this though, if only to have it all "under one roof" so to speak. Also it's kinda off topic here. :pir-grin:

Edit: Ninja'd by @Bregir

Edited by Darnok

2 hours ago, Roadmonkeytj said:

Love the caravan Ross.  I've been meaning to make a Gypsy camp ... May have to borrow this.

If you do, I'd like to know how you deal with the internal curve of the roof. I wasn't happy with the fact it's all very square there...

1 hour ago, Bregir said:

I strongly advice that you create a separate thread for this storyline

1 hour ago, Darnok said:

A thread of its own would be a great thing for this though

Alright, you guys win. I'll make a thread.

17 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

If you do, I'd like to know how you deal with the internal curve of the roof. I wasn't happy with the fact it's all very square there...

Whis this same technique:

40895355840_72b8af860c_b.jpg

Fun use of those printed tiles!  Just recently got a couple myself and been thinking about what to do with them.  The stud shooters look good too, bring the perfect amount of visual interest to your tree.