TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - 123 Sesame Street

I have too many blocks/limits on my phone that I can’t see the leak. But this is one set I’m excited about, yet also keep forgetting about...

It will still be an early purchase for me I’m sure. Nostalgia is strong.

I have no attachment to Sesame Street but this is a cute set and I’m always up for more named and recognisable characters in my city. It’s a definite maybe from me, budget permitting.

On 10/2/2020 at 11:45 PM, jonwil said:

The birds on the roof look to me like the same little white bird that appeared in, say, the Disney Series 2 Jasmine CMF rather than something new (although its hard to be sure)

On 10/3/2020 at 1:43 AM, williejm said:

Indeed. I think a new bird mould was too much to hope for!

Yes, but we could have gotten a pigeon in the CMF or City, they have the budget mussle to pull it of :hmpf_bad:

On 10/3/2020 at 2:43 AM, Huigberts Builds said:

We even get Elmo's goldfish (Dorothy if I'm not mistaken) looking like an actual goldfish rather than the stylized version often seen in other merchandising. Really useful, we will no longer have to use the three eyed mutated fish from the Simpsons.

Did not see that one. It is the normal small fish I guess?

13 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Did not see that one. It is the normal small fish I guess?

It's done similar to the simpsons one. So a printed goldfish on a transparent head piece. You can see it next to Elmo on the stairs. Although looking at it again it might be slightly stylized.

LEGO 21324 Sesame Street will retail for $119.99 ( US ) and will come with 1,760 pieces.

5 new molds, numerous prints/stickers, piece count of 1,760 all for $119.99. *oh2*

This definitely is a lot better than I ever could imagine. 

7 hours ago, 7982Brick2 said:

LEGO 21324 Sesame Street will retail for $119.99 ( US ) and will come with 1,760 pieces.

5 new molds, numerous prints/stickers, piece count of 1,760 all for $119.99. *oh2*

This definitely is a lot better than I ever could imagine. 

*huh* Definitely no Disney tax on that one then, nice to see that not all license owners are as greedy :devil:

I know price per piece isn't the best metric at times (larger molds or new molds tend to make it look worse than it actually is) but man, this has to be one of the best Price/Piece ratios for a non-mosaic set in a very long time - AND we still get new molds.  Seems like they wanted this set to still be accessible enough to where it's not only adult collectors that can afford it.  I don't think it'll be bought by many kids, but I could see parents getting it and building it with their kid or getting it and saving it for when they're older.

7 minutes ago, Brick Guru said:

Do we know when it's going to be revealed? Or released?

Stonewars.DE said that the set will be available on November 1st

The reveal is imminent, I'm so excited!!!!!

One concern that I now have is the use of stickers. If they traded there unspoken no sticker policy for the new mold then I am fine with it, but I always loved that ideas was one of the few themes that never used stickers. Ill be happy as long as at least the sign is printed. 

does anyone know what pieces is behind the paperclips? It kinda looks like the bar of soap piece, but as far as I know that doesn't connect

Ideas has used stickers in quite a few sets for various reasons. Central Perk had stickers. Voltron had stickers. Fishing Store had stickers. And Big Bang Theory had stickers.

6 minutes ago, jonwil said:

Ideas has used stickers in quite a few sets for various reasons. Central Perk had stickers. Voltron had stickers. Fishing Store had stickers. And Big Bang Theory had stickers.

Really?! I could have sworn that the fishing store had no stickers. The others 3 I don't own, but it is interesting to see a pretty recent set have them. Honesty its kinda a relief. This means that they didn't have to sacrifice prints for the molds. Do any of those sets include any prints as well? I know the fishing store has wood planks, but I believe those are reused from angry birds, I'm more talking about new/one use designs. Things like the sesame street sign. 

1 minute ago, Surge said:

Really?! I could have sworn that the fishing store had no stickers. The others 3 I don't own, but it is interesting to see a pretty recent set have them. Honesty its kinda a relief. This means that they didn't have to sacrifice prints for the molds. Do any of those sets include any prints as well? I know the fishing store has wood planks, but I believe those are reused from angry birds, I'm more talking about new/one use designs. Things like the sesame street sign. 

Central Perk, Big Bang and Voltron had new prints as well as stickers. 

12 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

Central Perk, Big Bang and Voltron had new prints as well as stickers. 

well, that give me hope!

Big Bang had stickers only on parts that LEGO wasn't set up to print on IIRC (1 x 1 x 5 brick and 1 x 4 x 6 door).

Voltron had stickers because they wanted to give builders the option to build with the numbers or without the numbers (some versions of the robot have the numbers, others don't)

The Fishing Store had prints for the most important parts (specifically the 2x4 "bait shop" logo tile and the figs) as did Central Perk (the coffee menu, the "service" sign and the window logo as well as the figs)

Unless they are so tight on budget that they can't include any new prints at all, I suspect the Sesame Street sign will get a print if nothing else.

Also I don't have an issue with stickers, better to get stickers than to get nothing at all (which would be the alternative)

6 hours ago, Do1633 said:

I really think Lego should release an instruction manual for the original submission. It would be a nice VIP reward

TLG doesn’t own the original submission though, if you want instructions you’d have to ask the fan designer :wink: Besides, you’re probably underestimating how long it takes for instructions to be made, especially for a model they didn’t design in the first place :grin:

6 hours ago, Do1633 said:

The original submission was what my vote was for, not for the façade. I was hyped about it, and was one of the first to support it, but the set doesn't look great as a façade. 

I’ve seen that complaint a lot, but I’m really glad they made an affordable set. That thing would have been bigger than the Ghostbusters HQ if they stuck to the fan design! People were already complaining about the amount of huge sets this year, and this would have been the cherry on top :head_back: This is LEGO Ideas, not LEGO Release-this-fan-design-as-is :tongue:

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

TLG doesn’t own the original submission though, if you want instructions you’d have to ask the fan designer :wink: 

Actually Lego does own the submission. I think the ideas terms say you are not allowed to use your submission for commercial reasons for three years...