TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - 123 Sesame Street

On 9/14/2020 at 3:45 PM, ChrisW said:

I would say the original submission was targeted to adult fans, but judging by the rumoured price we may end up with something more simplified and accessible to a younger audience too.

The thing is, with Sesame Street, I feel like the appeal is either to very young children (preschool age) or older collectors who see it as a nostalgic piece.  It's certainly got a universal recognition, but I don't know if people who are sort in the middle there (older kids/teens) would prefer it to say, Star Wars/Super Heroes/Technic/City or whatever else.  With some D2Cs or more expensive sets, kids in the middle can still get them if they either save up enough money or get it as a large gift or something (say for example, a $150 Batcave or $130 Millenium Falcon).  A kid that's still at Sesame Street age likely isn't going to have parents that will shell out $120 for a Sesame Street toy that is both fragile and has a lot of small pieces (ie potential choking hazard there), and is something likely too complex for them to put together anyway.  I know when I was a kid, I had Sesame Street toys, but I don't think my parents would've spent a great deal of money on one item like this.

Which is why the Abby idea is perplexing if true, that was within the last 15-20 years, so the only demographic that could really relate there is older teenagers/early 20s adults, whereas I don't know if that's the main demographic that's going to be buying this set.  Plus, it's not like the other characters are less relevant, everybody who owned a TV as a child knows who Grover or Oscar or the Count are.  

41 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

We had all kinds of reveals recently,like Mos Eisley,the 1989 Batwing and now the Elf Club house.It's about time the Sesame Street set gets revealed. 

It'll get revealed rather close in advance to its release so I wouldn't expect that before October 26.

I would guess if those couple of fig leaks were legitimate (Elmo/Cookie Monster) then we'll see more soon.  It seems like with most UCS stuff, you maybe get a couple of figs leaking but once that happens, the floodgates will open soon.  Mos Eisley had Ponda Baba/Dr. Evazan leak in mid August, then about 2-3 weeks later we got some blurry pics leak, and then the official reveal about a week and a half later.  Cloud City was something similar if I remember right, the Cloud Car pilots leaked mid-August and then the set was revealed mid-September.

new pic of big bird head leaked. not really sure how its gonna work. It looks like the tail is attached to the head/neck, so I'm expecting something similar to Chewbacca. My main fear about it is that he will be too short, as well as not being fat enough

3 hours ago, Surge said:

new pic of big bird head leaked. not really sure how its gonna work. It looks like the tail is attached to the head/neck, so I'm expecting something similar to Chewbacca. My main fear about it is that he will be too short, as well as not being fat enough

We’ve been known that Big Bird was likely to use normal legs. The size of the mold  and normal legs will still make him taller than the other muppets. 

13 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

Set has leaked on IG. Bert, Ernie, Big Bird, Oscar, Elmo and Cookie Monster are in it.

And a Grouch head I think?

EDIT - Sorry, that's Oscar isn't it.

Edited by Mattah12

9 minutes ago, Mattah12 said:

And a Grouch head I think?

EDIT - Sorry, that's Oscar isn't it.

yeah, looks to be the bb8 body piece 

It looks amazing!!!! I'm not completely sold on big bird yet, but I know its the best they could reasonably do, kind of sucks that it is rubber though. The layout of the two buildings is kind of weird with nothing surrounding them, but its fine if its accurate, and I'm sure it will look great in person.

Is there any chance it could release on the 15th? I know there is no early VIP on the October calendar, but the new Mindstorms set release on the 15, so its possible. 

The snuffy picture next to Big Birds Nest :cry_happy:

You can tell lots of love went into this set. I love it so much but that black box design looks horrible

Best LEGO Ideas set yet?!!!

Love all the characters! There are 6 new molds in total. Wow.... they went big with this one

If Count von Count was included, this would be the perfect set!

That is an incredible display piece. Big Bird is a superb minifig! Oscar the Grouch is a bit of a cop-out, but understandable as they already invested in a lot of new molds here.

Sadly due to my budget and space constraints I will have to try to get the figures separately. Here's hoping we get Grover and the count someday!

If it had Count of Count I had buyed it :/ Any Chances we get more sets? It seems really strange if lego put that amount of exclusive moulds in a ideasset and keep them exclusive.

Is there a rumored price for the set yet? I’m assuming it’s around $200

22 minutes ago, Modal said:

Is there a rumored price for the set yet? I’m assuming it’s around $200

$120 ( US)

Oh, I love it!! The build turned out beautiful.

Too bad about no Grover or Count minifigs, but I'm amazed at the number of new molds we are getting here.

I like it. If the price here in Australia isn't obscene this will likely be a day-one purchase for me.

The birds on the roof look to me like the same little white bird that appeared in, say, the Disney Series 2 Jasmine CMF rather than something new (although its hard to be sure)

The amount of new moulds in this set leads me to believe that a theme is on its way, possibly “Juniors”. That would give us the rest of the fig we want too. But this is just speculation.

Looks like a fun set for sure, I think it's good they didn't go with "human" minifigures, as the show is different in various countries.

And even while some of the muppets are different per country as well, overall they are more known in their original as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

The birds on the roof look to me like the same little white bird that appeared in, say, the Disney Series 2 Jasmine CMF rather than something new (although its hard to be sure)

Indeed. I think a new bird mould was too much to hope for!

25 minutes ago, Boettner Builds said:

The amount of new moulds in this set leads me to believe that a theme is on its way, possibly “Juniors”. That would give us the rest of the fig we want too. But this is just speculation.

I have the same feeling. Would be daft not to cash in on the moulds...

I absolutely love it.

The fact that it includes a second building is even better. Looks way more like a street now. The downscaling doesn't bother me at all, just big enough.

Such a nice detail how they include Mr Hooper's drawing and store. I personally don't really know the character as I grew up with the Dutch version of the show, but I know how much he meant to it, so it's a nice little tribute.

I think all the characters look very good. Surprised Ernie uses short legs, but it fits. We even get Elmo's goldfish (Dorothy if I'm not mistaken) looking like an actual goldfish rather than the stylized version often seen in other merchandising. Really useful, we will no longer have to use the three eyed mutated fish from the Simpsons.

I'm so glad Oscar made it into the final set. Gonna be a pain to find a torso for him though. I guess he will just stay a head for the time being.

I think I might switch around big birds torso with one that has regular arms, which luckily is an easy enough piece to find.

Can't wait to see the inside. I'm only kinda missing Count von Count and (super) Grover. They would've finished the set. But it works fine without them. I'm just glad we at least get Oscar.

7 hours ago, Gorilla94 said:

If it had Count of Count I had buyed it :/ Any Chances we get more sets? It seems really strange if lego put that amount of exclusive moulds in a ideasset and keep them exclusive.

Maybe when the Sesame Street movie releases in 2022. I think Grover the Count and Abby are the most likely to appear if they ever give us more. Also makes sense to not give us everything at once if they see a potential future in the theme.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. It would even fit nicely next to Diagon Alley and modular sets.

Did anyone else notice Mr Hooper's shop is literally a 1 brick wide facade? It looks like maybe there's a wall on the side facing the tables, but from the viewing side, its completely open. 

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

I absolutely love it.

The fact that it includes a second building is even better. Looks way more like a street now. The downscaling doesn't bother me at all, just big enough.

Such a nice detail how they include Mr Hooper's drawing and store. I personally don't really know the character as I grew up with the Dutch version of the show, but I know how much he meant to it, so it's a nice little tribute.

I think all the characters look very good. Surprised Ernie uses short legs, but it fits. We even get Elmo's goldfish (Dorothy if I'm not mistaken) looking like an actual goldfish rather than the stylized version often seen in other merchandising. Really useful, we will no longer have to use the three eyed mutated fish from the Simpsons.

I'm so glad Oscar made it into the final set. Gonna be a pain to find a torso for him though. I guess he will just stay a head for the time being.

I think I might switch around big birds torso with one that has regular arms, which luckily is an easy enough piece to find.

Can't wait to see the inside. I'm only kinda missing Count von Count and (super) Grover. They would've finished the set. But it works fine without them. I'm just glad we at least get Oscar.

Maybe when the Sesame Street movie releases in 2022. I think Grover the Count and Abby are the most likely to appear if they ever give us more. Also makes sense to not give us everything at once if they see a potential future in the theme.

Can't wait to get my hands on it. It would even fit nicely next to Diagon Alley and modular sets.

Yeah, I was kinda happy to see it as is. I would say the submitted model would’ve been around $200, so for a bit more one could buy two & have a more substantial building. This went from an easy pass to on the possibly list.