TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - 123 Sesame Street

No Oscar would definitely be a disappointment but I'll only trust what I see. Technically, Oscar doesn't have to be a minifigure as he lives in a garbage can so they can just give us his head looking out of it ??‍♂️

13 minutes ago, jonwil said:

One thing to remember is that in the past there have been statements about how Ideas sets can use new molds (Dr Who, Steamboat Willie and even some of the parts in the Caterham IIRC) but some other business unit/set/theme must pay for the costs of the molds. Its entirely possible the same has happened here and there will be more Sesame Street content beyond this one set. (we have seen no evidence to suggest otherwise and that a single Ideas set could have potentially 6+ new molds all covered by the Ideas budget alone)

They've explicitely changed the rules regarding new molds. Nevertheless, I'd never ever complain about more Sesame Street sets ?

Edited by 8fifty

Just now, 8fifty said:

No Oscar would definitely be a disappointment but I'll only trust what I see. Technically, Oscar doesn't have to be a minifigure as he lives in a garbage can so they can just give us his head looking out of it ??‍♂️ 

I was just thinking that 

All most all of Oscar merchandise has him inside the garbage can. I can see us getting a molded Oscar head connected to a rounded 1 by 1 brick and places inside a standard trash can. 

Abby would be the biggest dissapointment. The set will likely be bought by older fans and Abby is way too recent for that. It should be a classic. Although I can see it being Abby as they really push for her being an Elmo like mascot for the franchise

Possibility two, maybe they didnt count Oscar as he was hiding in the trashcan? xD Wishfull thinking

Edited by Huigberts Builds

I would have loved this to be a big set like the original Ideas project. 

But i realize that it would have been $400 and too expensive for many families.

Hopefully $120 is more affordable and it can be purchased for kids.

Some guy on insta claims that the release date is Nov 1st.And the minifigures are Elmo,Bert,Ernie,CM,Big Bird and Abby. 

Now this guy could be full of it but if he's right then why exlude characters such as Oscar or Grover?

7 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Some guy on insta claims that the release date is Nov 1st.And the minifigures are Elmo,Bert,Ernie,CM,Big Bird and Abby. 

Now this guy could be full of it but if he's right then why exlude characters such as Oscar or Grover?

This list has to be fake 

Oscar lives in the trash can outside the 123 Sesame Street building. I just don’t see LEGO excluding him from the set. One theory I have is that since Oscar lives in the Trashcan maybe he doesn’t get a full body minifigure and instead is just a molded head on top of a LEGO trashcan.

I’m still skeptical about this info especially since he also says that Disney Series 3 is rumored to be the third series of 2021. 

18 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Probably to go for modern appeal with Abby as well as a female character for more inclusive play (using my marketing brain here). Oscar and/or Grover may have just been over budget after that.

10 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

This list has to be fake 

Oscar lives in the trash can outside the 123 Sesame Street building. I just don’t see LEGO excluding him from the set. One theory I have is that since Oscar lives in the Trashcan maybe he doesn’t get a full body minifigure and instead is just a molded head on top of a LEGO trashcan.

I’m still skeptical about this info especially since he also says that Disney Series 3 is rumored to be the third series of 2021. 

Yea I also speculated that Oscar might not be a minifigure but just a head in the trash can.

This so called leaker is probably fake and just jumping the band wagon. 

20 minutes ago, doclord said:

Probably to go for modern appeal with Abby as well as a female character for more inclusive play (using my marketing brain here). Oscar and/or Grover may have just been over budget after that.

Isn't Abby a recent character in the shows history? If Lego is cutting some characters,then they better keep the OG gang in the set.After all this set is targeted to nostalgic adult fans, so it would be weird to exclude Oscar or Grover. 

35 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Isn't Abby a recent character in the shows history? If Lego is cutting some characters,then they better keep the OG gang in the set.After all this set is targeted to nostalgic adult fans, so it would be weird to exclude Oscar or Grover. 

The Jim Henson company (or who owns the rights idk) could've pushed for her inclusion though. It was always a thought (or more like fear) that was playing in the back of my mind. So I'm not too surprised if it ends up happening.

42 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

After all this set is targeted to nostalgic adult fans

I would say the original submission was targeted to adult fans, but judging by the rumoured price we may end up with something more simplified and accessible to a younger audience too.

7 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

The Jim Henson company (or who owns the rights idk) could've pushed for her inclusion though. It was always a thought (or more like fear) that was playing in the back of my mind. So I'm not too surprised if it ends up happening.

I don't mind her inclusion but it would be annoying if other characters were sacrificed for her sake. 

I still haven't seen any of the common news pages sharing this alleged information, other leaks/posts usually go more viral on IG ?

2 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Big bird teaser on minilegogos story

Nice to see at least a bit of more stuff after there wasn't something during the last days! It could take some time until we get the official reveal.

A thing that crossed my mind recently: The creator of the Sesame Street Ideas submission @bulldoozers_lego_ideas posted an artwork of Oscar on their IG. I don't know if I read too much into it but do you think that this could be an indication of his inclusion?

8 hours ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Big bird teaser on minilegogos story

That's a relief, sesame street without big bird would be a huge disappointment. Can't wait to see better pics

1 hour ago, jonwil said:

Do we know that the Big Bird leak isn't another fake like the Count was?

It was teased by the same person who originally leaked the Elmo, Bert and also teased Cookie Monster ( he posted only the top of the head)

He’s definitely the most trusted source when it comes to minifigure leaks

Edited by 7982Brick2

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

Do we know that the Big Bird leak isn't another fake like the Count was?

I compared the two big birds and they are different. The Lego one has molded feathers above the eyes while the other one is printed.

I would rather have a large set, but my wallet disagrees ?

4 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

I would rather have a large set, but my wallet disagrees ?

You and your wallet seem to have severe trust issues, don't you think you two should work on that? ?

11 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

You and your wallet seem to have severe trust issues, don't you think you two should work on that? ?

I have 3 large sets on my wishlist...