TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - 123 Sesame Street

Okay, so at this point Bert, Elmo and Cookie Monster are all we really have confirmed as Lego figs?

That alternative worried Bert looks like a Kubrick too then. Some of the proportions on the facial features are different to the Lego one. 

4 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

What is going on?:wacko:

I swear at this point I can't tell what's real and what isn't

The Elmo, Bert and CM leaks are clean and they look legit.So I'm assuming they're real. 

Now the other ones all looked blurry and vague.Not mention that @Falconfan1414 warned us about the user who uploaded the first Ernie "leak". 

Even if the leak is fake Ernie is still confirmed since his buddy Bert is in the set.

Both Grover and Count went back to 50/50 chance of appearing in the set.

:angry:

2020 just keeps on getting better :sarcasm_hmpf:

I don't know Kubricks. Can you take off a Kubrick-Figures head and put it on a regular Lego Torso? The torso printing doesn't take long to Design and there are several 3rd Party produces of capes.

So we basically have 4 confirmed, Elmo, Cookiemonster, Bert and Ernie (as there's no Bert without Ernie) and 4 still up in the air, that being Big Bird, Count von Count, Grover and Oscar. Any other character just feels very unlikely to me (sadly).

From the rooms that might be included, I think Bert and Ernie's apartment is the most likely to be kept. Elmo's world and Big Bird's nest are the only other locations that feel like they have a big enough chance to stay.

I just realised we could've easily found out that one Bert was a fake leak just by counting the stripes on his torso xD.

Either way what would you guys prefer? Grover or Super Grover? As a removable helmet is very unlikely. I can't decide.

Edited by Huigberts Builds

4 hours ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Either way what would you guys prefer? Grover or Super Grover? As a removable helmet is very unlikely. I can't decide.

Both is good. :grin:

18 hours ago, 7982Brick2 said:

Even if the leak is fake Ernie is still confirmed since his buddy Bert is in the set.

Both Grover and Count went back to 50/50 chance of appearing in the set.

:angry:

2020 just keeps on getting better :sarcasm_hmpf:

The Count looked AMAZING, so I hope he will appear in the set!

We really should’ve gotten suspicious that only the heads were visible in the later “leaks”. Hindsight bias yadda yadda, I know :tongue: I still hope for as many characters as possible, but that is definitely a setback

16 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

We really should’ve gotten suspicious that only the heads were visible in the later “leaks”. Hindsight bias yadda yadda, I know :tongue: I still hope for as many characters as possible, but that is definitely a setback

that was one of reasons I didn't believe Ernie was real at first, but then the other ones leaks and I was so sure they were real

18 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The fact that they are individually packed into plastic bags should've been suspect as well ?

Someone has posted in Instagram that the set is 1100 pieces, has only six minifigures, and is much smaller than expected.

13 minutes ago, Virdenemt said:

Someone has posted in Instagram that the set is 1100 pieces, has only six minifigures, and is much smaller than expected.

He says that he’s heard this info from a source :pir-sceptic: 

I’m taking this rumor with a grain of salt but I will keep my expectations low for the set. 

Six figs with possible new molds for each sounds plausible for a $120 Ideas set. 

1 minute ago, 7982Brick2 said:

He says that he’s heard this info from a source :pir-sceptic: 

I’m taking this rumor with a grain of salt but I will keep my expectations low for the set. 

Six figs with possible new molds for each sounds plausible for a $120 Ideas set. 

If this is true, Elmo, Bert, Ernie, and Cookie Monster are 'confirmed'. If he counted big bird as a figure then I would say him most likely. Then I think its a 50/50/75 chance between the count, Grover, and Oscar (with Oscar at most likely). But my hope is we get Grover as he was one of my favorites

If we do get six,

Elmo ( lives in 123 Sesame Street)

Bert and Ernie ( live in 123 SS)

Big Bird and Grover ( both live outside SS)

Cookie Monster ( included cause of popularity) 

Edited by 7982Brick2

The original Ideas submission included some human characters in the set. Somehow 6 minifigs doesn't make that much sense to me, although maybe I am just being naïve and hopeful, since I am hoping they complete the 8 main characters. This makes me wonder if potentially they would leave some minifigs for some potential future set?

And looking at that picture of the Kubricks makes me wish we get Muppets minifigs someday!

6 minutes ago, BrickHat said:

The original Ideas submission included some human characters in the set. Somehow 6 minifigs doesn't make that much sense to me, although maybe I am just being naïve and hopeful, since I am hoping they complete the 8 main characters. This makes me wonder if potentially they would leave some minifigs for some potential future set?

And looking at that picture of the Kubricks makes me wish we get Muppets minifigs someday!

This is the same LEGO team that skipped Pebbles and Bam Bam from Flintstones set. If they indeed skip Count and Grover the reason is most likely that they don’t live in or outside Sesame Street like the other six ( except cookie). 

I can't remember this guy to be a leaker at any point. If it starts like "I have a source/list..." it's already suspicious. Also, nobody else has reposted their predictions yet.

If we indeed are getting six then it has to be 

Elmo, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, Big Bird and Grouch. 

Count and Grover are next in line, if we do get more than six figs in this set. 

Take this with a Big Grain of salt but these characters are supposedly the six that are appearing in the set

Elmo

Cookie monster

Bert

Ernie

Big Bird

Abby

Right off the back my skepticism is kicking in cause how can Oscar ( the muppet that lives outside the building) be excluded from the set. 

One thing to remember is that in the past there have been statements about how Ideas sets can use new molds (Dr Who, Steamboat Willie and even some of the parts in the Caterham IIRC) but some other business unit/set/theme must pay for the costs of the molds. Its entirely possible the same has happened here and there will be more Sesame Street content beyond this one set. (we have seen no evidence to suggest otherwise and that a single Ideas set could have potentially 6+ new molds all covered by the Ideas budget alone)

Edited by jonwil