TheBrickPal

LEGO Ideas - 123 Sesame Street

33 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

It would be a shame if Lego doesn't utilize the medium short legs for the characters in this sets.Bert and Ernie for an example are perfect for those legs.

Don’t worry, LEGO is still producing those medium-short legs as of 2020.

2 hours ago, LOTR34 said:

It would be a shame if Lego doesn't utilize the medium short legs for the characters in this sets.Bert and Ernie for an example are perfect for those legs.

Assuming they represent Muppet characters (other than Big Bird) with minifigures in the first place. If they include human characters like Gordon and Maria, the LEGO Games-style microfigures would be a better fit for Ernie, Bert, Grover, the Count, etc. scale-wise.

17 minutes ago, Blondie-Wan said:

Assuming they represent Muppet characters (other than Big Bird) with minifigures in the first place. If they include human characters like Gordon and Maria, the LEGO Games-style microfigures would be a better fit for Ernie, Bert, Grover, the Count, etc. scale-wise.

I would hate it if the muppets ended up being microfigures instead of minifigures.The premise of minifigure muppets is the prime reason as why I'm looking forward to this set.

On 8/31/2020 at 4:49 PM, LOTR34 said:

I would hate it if the muppets ended up being microfigures instead of minifigures.The premise of minifigure muppets is the prime reason as why I'm looking forward to this set.

Same. Seeing microfigures in the set would probably be the same turn-off like the microscale Hogwarts castle. I want this set primarily for the minifigures, especially Oscar and Cookie Monster ?

Some people have speculated that the set will drop in November since it's the series anniversary month.Fingers crossed we'll see leaks start dropping soon. 

Also I recently found out that there will be a Sesame Street movie in 2022.Maybe then Lego will have a good excuse to reuse the molds in new sets or a cmf. 

I keep forgetting about this set. Another expensive set I'll have to add to the list...this is getting frustrating. If only I had more money, and time to build them, and space to display them, and...

1 hour ago, LOTR34 said:

Hopefully by soon they mean next month. 

We will see. I consider November to be more realistic as we already have two D2C sets for October. And November would also fit very well in terms of the anniversary. Nevertheless, I wouldn't complain about an earlier release ?

Lego could release it mid October for VIPs and the regular release could be November.

11 hours ago, 8fifty said:

We will see. I consider November to be more realistic as we already have two D2C sets for October. And November would also fit very well in terms of the anniversary. Nevertheless, I wouldn't complain about an earlier release ?

Is there a limit as to how many D2C sets can be released each month?

50 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Is there a limit as to how many D2C sets can be released each month?

I don’t think so but most of the time LEGO releases two D2C sets a month. 

38 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Elmo figure leaked!!

25 minutes ago, 7982Brick2 said:

No new mold rule is officially broken 

YES!!!!

23 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Mehhh not liking what I'm seeing. Not a fan of the head mold and seriously no torso printing?? 

What kind of torso printing were you expecting? His entire body is red! :tongue:

Just now, Lego-Freak said:

What kind of torso printing were you expecting? His entire body is red! :tongue:

Yes but he's a furry muppet just like Grover or Oscar. They could've given him at the least a print like the Cowardly Lion. 

4 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

Yes but he's a furry muppet just like Grover or Oscar. They could've given him at the least a print like the Cowardly Lion. 

If the lack of print on Elmo was cause of budget limitations then I’m glad since he doesn’t really need it. Characters like Ernie, Bert, and Count are ones that really need torso printing. The molds while simple are better than the print on standard minifigure heads like the project had. 

How good to see new molds. He looks a little funny though. The mold kinda looks like a knockoff mold. But I thought the same of the Disney leaks back in the day, and I love those now. I don't mind the lack of torso print as I rather have the budget go towards the molds. Just as long as the characters with clothes get prints.

I guess Grover and Oscar can use the same mold if they print the unibrow and nose. But I thought the same about Cookiemonster and Elmo and that's already of the table so who knows.

I'm just really curious which characters we'll get. I really think/hope they'll leave out the humans as they're exclusive to almost only the English version of the program, plus I don't wanna miss out on muppets just to get humans.

Bert looks great! And Elmo too!

New molds for LEGO Ideas is a thing now. And multiples for a single set!

What a day to be alive...

Oooh I love Bert. So glad he has the midlegs. His little turtle neck being molded is also very funny to me somehow. So this basically confirms Ernie as well.

I think Cookiemonster and Big Bird are also save bets. Not sure about the others though.