SNIPE

42100 - Liebherr R 9800 - MODs and Improvements

@joker000 Perhaps I can help.

The pieces shown in that picture are all the extra pieces that you'll need to buy separately if you want to build the modified boom, because the original boom does not have enough of those pieces.

Edited by Bartybum

Thanks Efferman and Bartybum! I didn't understand exactly what was meant, now I do! I will order the elements/pieces and start modifying. Thanks for the explanation! 

Cheers!!!

I just converted the excavator superstructure to a modular setup with both dig function motors in the engine compartment

Edited by james k

Hi efferman,

Is this link an up to date parts list to complete the excavator MOC and drive train modifications?  https://rebrickable.com/sets/compare/slow/?1-set=MOC-32297&1-inv=43247&1-user_list=&2-set=42100-1&2-inv=37842&2-user_list= It is the link you posted at the start of December 2019.

I purchased the instructions, but I'm having trouble copying the list from excel to bricklink, but the above links works for me.

Thanks Dylan

12 hours ago, dylan7a said:

I purchased the instructions, but I'm having trouble copying the list from excel to bricklink, but the above links works for me.

I built the original and the Efferman-mod of the Liebherr. Efferman really did a great job, the result is much better than the original. I especially like the "buttons" to switch on the hubs which also should work with the original shovel.

To Efferman: I just bought your marvelous instructions for modding my Liebherr, would it be possible for you to post a part list for just the lower part? (Step 1 to 81) I’m trying to mod it gradually, and a partial part list would be very useful to start with the undercarriage 

thanks in advance!

Edited by felisfelis

On 2/16/2020 at 8:51 PM, Arjan de Jong said:

Here is my versiom. I used the Efferman instructions and made some modifications

E.jpgC.jpg

I Like the little extra mods you've done on yours Arjan. Any chance you could list the changes you made and whether you had to get additional parts for your mods to Efferman's MOC?

On 2/16/2020 at 8:51 AM, Arjan de Jong said:

B.jpg Here is my versiom. I used the Efferman instructions and made some modifications

A.jpgE.jpgC.jpg

Some more details

Very nice!

Where can I find a bucket like this? Purchase on the web? 3D print?

On 6/29/2020 at 1:47 PM, felisfelis said:

To Efferman: I just bought your marvelous instructions for modding my Liebherr, would it be possible for you to post a part list for just the lower part? (Step 1 to 81) I’m trying to mod it gradually, and a partial part list would be very useful to start with the undercarriage 

thanks in advance!

I would also be interested in this. Especially since I'm planning to modify the set that I already have with the modified boom mod and then build a second set with backhoe bucket. Would like to have both sets with the same undercarriage.

11 hours ago, Jack van Dijk said:

I would also be interested in this. Especially since I'm planning to modify the set that I already have with the modified boom mod and then build a second set with backhoe bucket. Would like to have both sets with the same undercarriage.

i hope a xml is ok

https://bricksafe.com/files/efferman/42100-mods/undercarriage part list.xml

On 10/1/2020 at 12:42 PM, efferman said:

Briljant, I noticed that these are the parts for the complete undercarriage. I've created a list of the extra parts compared to the original set/undercarriage:

https://rebrickable.com/users/jvdijk/lists/91872/

Hi,

I am building the Liebherr R9800 MOC of Efferman. On page 19 of the manual the battery box is assembled. When mounted in the rest of the chassis it is not supported at the back. The black pin is there but doesn't get in anywhere. Or am I missing something. I solved it with as on the pictures. 
They may have forgotten to put this in the manual. 

50786741593_5b035243cd.jpg

50787500161_75689bc838_o.jpg

50787500101_cefdabfda2_o.jpg

50787603492_bf8e392017.jpg

50787603462_f11ea7c481.jpg

50787500046_6a10ee449f.jpg

4 hours ago, benovitch said:

They may have forgotten to put this in the manual. 

that is possible. i will take a look in the basic file. thanks for the mention.

edit:

forgot it clearly by myself.

Edited by efferman

I saw that the link for the stl file for the bucket is gone. Any reason for this?

Just finnished the build of the efferman moc. During the build I found somme problems that I think were wrong. Can I post them here or not.

On 7/7/2020 at 1:12 PM, mrartiefufkin said:

how did you paint the bucket, and what color did you use ?

If the stl file is posted I can print the bucket.  

im just now fixing to start building my 42100, so most the images of the changes here I can’t tell the difference.  But I will look back once I have it in front of me of course

Edited by advancedrescue

do you know where this error is?  I tested it when I first installed it and nothing happened.  As soon as I finished testing I put it in the closet and didn't touch it.  After 1 year, I took it out to play, there was this phenomenon
I tried removing the clutch and replacing it with a connecting part, and it spins just fine.  I tried replacing the clutch with a new one and it still happens

i need for your help. Thank you

https://youtu.be/xrwpjtu2zzU

I think that there might have gotten some dust in it causing friction or the parts are now connected stronger because of the weight the turntable had to bear for a year.

As a solution you can try to loose some parts surrounding the turntable. You also might want to enjoy the build experience once again (and make sure to not connect the parts too tight):wink:.

On 9/18/2022 at 6:18 PM, The01 said:

I think that there might have gotten some dust in it causing friction or the parts are now connected stronger because of the weight the turntable had to bear for a year.

As a solution you can try to loose some parts surrounding the turntable. You also might want to enjoy the build experience once again (and make sure to not connect the parts too tight):wink:.

I think part 46834 has been deformed due to temperature in the past 1 year or maybe it is loose due to weight

On 9/18/2022 at 6:16 PM, sonpham510 said:

do you know where this error is?  I tested it when I first installed it and nothing happened.  As soon as I finished testing I put it in the closet and didn't touch it.  After 1 year, I took it out to play, there was this phenomenon
I tried removing the clutch and replacing it with a connecting part, and it spins just fine.  I tried replacing the clutch with a new one and it still happens

i need for your help. Thank you

https://youtu.be/xrwpjtu2zzU

I took mine out from storage and experienced the exact same thing. The clutch gears for both the turntable rotation and driving kept slipping.

To be honest, this has always been my problem with Technic sets. I find that after a long time of being in storage, the amount of friction increases. I doubt it's due to dust since my sets are stored in plastic bins. I think it's more about the Lego plastic somewhat becoming less flexible and drier/more brittle over time. For example, the black technic friction pins feel so much harder to remove now than they did when I first built it.

Anyway, I solved the issue by replacing those clutch gears entirely with standard connectors. It doesn't seem to stress the motors when I drive it, so I think it's fine to remove the clutches.

On another note, one reason why I really like the 42100 set is that it's roughly minifig scale. So that means I can put it aside other minifig scale sets I have like the UCS AT-AT and Razor Crest to get a better sense of how big these vehicles really are.

Edited by ArchieNov

On 11/6/2022 at 7:09 AM, ArchieNov said:

I took mine out from storage and experienced the exact same thing. The clutch gears for both the turntable rotation and driving kept slipping.

To be honest, this has always been my problem with Technic sets. I find that after a long time of being in storage, the amount of friction increases. I doubt it's due to dust since my sets are stored in plastic bins. I think it's more about the Lego plastic somewhat becoming less flexible and drier/more brittle over time. For example, the black technic friction pins feel so much harder to remove now than they did when I first built it.

Anyway, I solved the issue by replacing those clutch gears entirely with standard connectors. It doesn't seem to stress the motors when I drive it, so I think it's fine to remove the clutches.

On another note, one reason why I really like the 42100 set is that it's roughly minifig scale. So that means I can put it aside other minifig scale sets I have like the UCS AT-AT and Razor Crest to get a better sense of how big these vehicles really are.

do you have any pictures of your version ?