SNIPE

42100 - Liebherr R 9800 - MODs and Improvements

Bonjour,

pouvez-vous me dire si les instructions seront' elles bientôt disponibles...

Cordialement

8 hours ago, marini said:

Bonjour,

pouvez-vous me dire si les instructions seront' elles bientôt disponibles...

Cordialement

Bonjour, c'est un forum en anglais, merci de traduire ta demande en anglais afin d'avoir des réponses (meme une traduction google peu suffire)

Hello, this is a forum in English, please translate your request into English in order to have answers

6 minutes ago, marini said:

Hello, sorry

can you tell me if the instructions will be available soon ...

cordially

Read the above comments...

On 10/22/2019 at 12:03 AM, efferman said:

The convention weekend is passed and the Liebherr has done many lifts. The Modified boom showed only one bug at the first Day: Two axles on the Bucket tilt drivetrain moved out, but this was easy to fix so i hd no problems at the second day. so i had 14 Hours of digging in two days.

48936359823_db0d722900_c.jpg

Are there details or instructions/model for the dump truck in this pic?

On 10/11/2019 at 7:04 AM, efferman said:

For Calibration every Motor needs a endstop

That is a possibility, but it needs changes on the uppercarriage

edit: free instruction is comming  soon

48881061702_a6ab7ce703_c.jpg

Has any of you had problems whit opening the bucket? I have  problems whith universal joints . it seems to me that the niversal joints are to clouse to each outher?

Just now, efferman said:

Please make a picture of your build

ok....I will build it again and send you a picture

Picked up a used 42100 yesterday for $400 CD. Already built. We disassembled it and going to rebuild it with much more bricks. I find this huge set has far to many beams. We will attempt to completely modify it using bricks and plates etc...  and much much less beams.. perhaps efferman ?? Will come up with somethinv. I purchased your instructions on the liebherr and it was amazing..

24 minutes ago, Fieldtest said:

I purchased your instructions on the liebherr and it was amazing

Thank you very much.

On 2/1/2020 at 2:14 PM, curakar said:

ok....I will build it again and send you a picture

42100 problem

The shovel opens and cloases obaut 5mm...and then the gears get stuck....I rebuild it 2 times and it is always the same problem.....I really like your design but cant get it to work well...do you have any aydeas what is wrong?

2 hours ago, Gimmick said:

Other side looks identical? Gears for the actuators on the correct side? :)

You are right... I whill fix it today :D thank you

3 hours ago, efferman said:

hm, looks ok. does it block too when the bucket is not mounted on the boom?

no

1 hour ago, curakar said:

You are right... I whill fix it today :D thank you

Just to be clear:

Side shown on your picture: Tan bevel gear inside

Other side: Tan bevel gear outside, as shown on the rendered image posted by efferman.

10 hours ago, Gimmick said:

Just to be clear:

Side shown on your picture: Tan bevel gear inside

Other side: Tan bevel gear outside, as shown on the rendered image posted by efferman.

Just made the changes and everting is working...Thanks a lot :D   

@efferman, first off I love your work.

I have been looking at the parts lists for the backhoe version and the face cut mod, noting that there has been some discussion of duplicate pieces when comparing with the original set. 
Below is my summary of what I found, please note this is not a criticism of your work I'm just trying to make it easier for others to order the correct parts.

All part numbers and names are from rebrickable.

Backhoe Mod
Technic Link Tread with Two Pin Holes (Dark Bluish Gray): 104 x part 57518 from your mod same as updated part 88323 (104 pieces included in original) - SWAP
Technic Axle 5.5 with Stop (Dark Bluish Gray): 13 x part 32209 from your mod same as updated part 59426 (13 pieces included in original) - SWAP
Technic Gear 20 Tooth Double Bevel with Axle Hole (Tan): 7 x part 32269 from your mod same as updated part 18575 (11 pieces included in original) - 4 LEFT OVER
Technic Gear 24 Tooth (Dark Bluish Gray): 6x part 3648b from your mod same as updated part 24505 (4x included in original) - 2 EXTRA REQUIRED

This brings the total extra parts need for the backhoe mod down from 606 to 478. So when ordering from bricklink just delete the first three lots of parts and change quantity of part 3648 from 6 to 2.

Modified Face shovel boom
Part No. 60483 - Technic Beam 1 x 2 Thick with Pin Hole and Axle Hole does not exist in Blue as listed in this parts list. Can easily be replaced by any other colour as this is a hidden element in the final build.

I think most of the errors came from when you digitally built the model and used parts which have now been slightly updated but look almost identical.

I hope this helps someone and let me know if you find anything I have missed, particularly those who have built the mods.

A few pictures for the hosing. Uppercarriage to the boom 8x 140mm, boom to main actuator 4x140mm, Boom to stick actuators 6x110mm, stick actuators to connection  2x110mm, connection to bucket actuators 4x 140mm

49524762061_defdf771ed_c.jpg

49524248298_1ab061293d_c.jpg

49524248203_bfa0241eb1_c.jpg

49524982587_f2ae3efd57_c.jpg

34 minutes ago, efferman said:

A few pictures for the hosing. Uppercarriage to the boom 8x 140mm, boom to main actuator 4x140mm, Boom to stick actuators 6x110mm, stick actuators to connection  2x110mm, connection to bucket actuators 4x 140mm

Are these standard sizes similar to the ones in the set or will we need to cut to size?