SNIPE

42100 - Liebherr R 9800 - MODs and Improvements

2 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Probably life, Christmas, other MOCs. It’ll be done eventually, just gotta wait

The steps where done weeks ago way before Xmas, efferman made it sound like it was custombricks holding things up. All up I’ve got $1200 spent to make this moc that I can’t start so yes I’m getting a little tired of waiting

5 hours ago, Richombx said:

The steps where done weeks ago way before Xmas, efferman made it sound like it was custombricks holding things up. All up I’ve got $1200 spent to make this moc that I can’t start so yes I’m getting a little tired of waiting

Did you pay efferman?

11 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Did you pay efferman?

Can’t pay him for his instructions till they are on custombricks. I did buy his bucket from shapeways. Instructions Are on top of the money already spent on the kit, bucket and extra parts so that’s $1200+ aud

8 hours ago, jorgeopesi said:

Would you consider it as an improvement?. 

p0xyIaA.png

improvement in which relation?

6 hours ago, Richombx said:

Custombricks is a company with two guys and only one of them makes the instructions. sorry when it is not as fast as thought.

41 minutes ago, efferman said:

improvement in which relation?

Just joking considering the truck as an extra feature for the set Efferman.

Efferman i just have seen you work your butt off to get everything done really well and at such a great pace and now everything has come to a full stop. This is the best thing ive ever seen in LEGO and can’t wait to build this moc 

4 hours ago, Richombx said:

i just have seen you work your butt off

This is maybe the difference. The Lucky guys from Custombricks have a family. I have only Lego.

10 hours ago, Richombx said:

bucket and extra parts so that’s $1200+ aud

Why not just buy the original set for 300 Eur's? Maybe there's a benefit i'm not seeing.. but seems a very expensive way to recreate what already exists?

8 hours ago, TeamThrifty said:

Why not just buy the original set for 300 Eur's? Maybe there's a benefit i'm not seeing.. but seems a very expensive way to recreate what already exists?

The original set is $750aud, I’m not in Europe. The 9800 is only in backhoe config here in Australia and it’s what I’ve used so it’s what I want to replicate. 

4 hours ago, riverprawn said:

A little modification of the box at the rear of the cabin.

This will fasten it better to the deck.

42100 device box.jpg

I used pins of 3

Edited by virgule972

Any chance to have a Power Functions conversion to use with sbrick?

My devices can't connect to hubs, even if new and meet the requirements, so I'll stay with PF and sbrick (and EV3) for a long time.

4 minutes ago, Wolfolo said:

Any chance to have a Power Functions conversion to use with sbrick?

The uppercarriage should be quite easy. simply swap the motors with PF L. on the undercarriage this could maybe work too

2 hours ago, Richombx said:

Any news on the instructions efferman?.

Unfortunately bad News. The instruction Guy from CB has/had health problems which cause this big delay. When he is in a week not able to tell me date for the Instruction i will finalize my instruction and you will be the first who will get it.

41 minutes ago, efferman said:

Unfortunately bad News. The instruction Guy from CB has/had health problems which cause this big delay. When he is in a week not able to tell me date for the Instruction i will finalize my instruction and you will be the first who will get it.

Thanks very much for the info, I don’t need anything amazing just something I can see enough to follow and do the boom then maybe do the rest of the rebuild once the final instructions are done.

Hey, Efferman, please put me down for the second set ;)  I have been watching CustomBricks and wondering as well -- thanks for the update!

The drive train and backhoe rebuild looks fantastic -- looking forward to trying it out on the 42100 I got for Christmas!

Yeah, we are closer. The instructionmaker is became well now and he think the official instruction is online in two weeks. Your preliminary instruction i will make ready this weekend.