SNIPE

42100 - Liebherr R 9800 - MODs and Improvements

Thank you very much for this information: I will give it a Try

edit:

A basic Fake Part for the bucket instruction

49137890101_de45159513_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

iam a little bit angry about myself! made the actuators and i realized the wrong length of the light bluish grey actuator part.

49141697176_d9b3553e04_c.jpg

Thanks

17 minutes ago, Philo said:

Did you do something special for your LA file (which opens fine)?

No, i only exported my parts with the partdesigner into stud.io and made the .io. As far as i know other people can use the parts which have loaded the file.

Edited by efferman

25 minutes ago, efferman said:

As far as i know other people can use the parts which have loaded the file.

Dunno what's wrong with my file, when I open it as a zip I see the custom folder with parts inside, like in yours.

Anyway... other method that I know to work fine, here is the custom parts folder containing the 42100 parts (and a few recent other ones you could find useful...). https://drive.google.com/open?id=1BY2kstW74rRNR5g5gWL1syaIEgePtIMl

Add the contents to your CustomParts folder (located in C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Local\Stud.io)

I haven't tried to add connectivity on these parts, but you seem to know how to do that :wink:

Thanks

edit:

all of the parts does have massive graphic bugs after exporting from part designer to stud.io. in designer the parts are looking good

Edited by efferman

Yeah, already had this issue, part designer completely botches the parts. After adding connectivity, overwrite the parts with the untouched LDraw parts from the archive.

Simply copy again the folders of the archive in the same place as you did first. Connectivity is stored in another folder so no risk of losing it.

Iam through with Dividing. 859 Steps overall.

49151471772_3f3a87c93b_c.jpg

edit: Virtual Turntable

42100%20backhoe%20instruction%20gif_3.gi

Edited by efferman

Mmmm :wub: Any chance of releasing an .STL of that bucket for those of us who'd like to try modify it for FDM 3D printing?

On 12/2/2019 at 6:32 PM, efferman said:

sure, the bucket was actually printed with success on a filament printer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ing63jvogq8afwk/42100 backhoe bucket.stl?dl=0

edit: A last Gif

Reveal hidden contents

4%20earthmovers.gif

What software would you recommend to design my own 3d stuff (as you have), and to view and print this? Or will it work with any 3d printer?

Experience i only have on Autodesk inventor and this is a proffessional CAD Program. To view an stl file you can use an actual Windows 10. it has an stl viewer inside.

Not every file will work on every printer. My XL actuator for example only works on a SLS printer.

So my bucket has turned up from shapeways, can’t wait to get a parr’s list so I can order the bits to start.

10 hours ago, efferman said:

Experience i only have on Autodesk inventor and this is a proffessional CAD Program. To view an stl file you can use an actual Windows 10. it has an stl viewer inside.

Not every file will work on every printer. My XL actuator for example only works on a SLS printer.

Cool, thanks for that. I have a friend who has a 3d printer, will check to see if it will work etc.

149/5000

Bonjour Efferman, Votre moc a beaucoup de succès, existe-t-il une liste des pièces pour commencer à les acheter en attendant les instructions? Cordialement

Edited by marini

On 12/6/2019 at 10:45 PM, efferman said:
I have a preliminary Part list for the 42100 Backhoe. The Partlist can be different to the final Partlist. So please dont complain if you cant wait.

Hi efferman, I’m trying to use the store in rebrickable to buy the parts but I’m having trouble, when I compare sets it says I’m missing 650 parts but when I go to buy parts and add the standard 42100 kit to the list it says I only need 479. Kepes bricks is only missing 2 pieces 1x 24116 and 1x 98585 ( this seems to be very rare in white ). 

Out of interest, what will the cost be to buy the extra parts? I got the set for £279, but i wanted the Control+ motors and hubs, so more than happy with the price i paid.. presumably the intention is to use the old motors etc?