SNIPE

42100 - Liebherr R 9800 - MODs and Improvements

23 hours ago, efferman said:

The Printed Bucket fits without changes at the boom. Could get only a bit more angle

49028140713_090614d5e3_c.jpg

WHOOHA
Thats a BEAST

Yeah, the instruction for the full excavator will take some time

49036475773_d4ec3d690d_c.jpg

edit:

49037886252_6f01cd0483_c.jpg

49037668671_8aee0e1652_c.jpg

49037668761_20767ab4c6_c.jpg

49037668806_5abd66b84b_c.jpg

49037668866_0d6dbc583b_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

I like the standard excavator arm a lot, but for me it was much better with the brick built bucket. The 3D printed one just sticks out way too much of the overall Technic picture.

Keep up with the great MOD, impressive work so far!

Edited by agrof

4 minutes ago, agrof said:

but for me it was much better with the brick built bucket.

The brickbuilt bucket will be in the instruction.

7 hours ago, efferman said:

The brickbuilt bucket will be in the instruction.

So your instructions will be a complete build, changing the tracks, boom and bucket?

53 minutes ago, efferman said:

yes, from ground to the roof

Perfect, I will keep my kit together for a bit longer and wait for your 'B' model.

But I guess it won't be called a B model, since it has many new parts, so a modification(MOC) of 42100

9 hours ago, agrof said:

I like the standard excavator arm a lot, but for me it was much better with the brick built bucket. The 3D printed one just sticks out way too much of the overall Technic picture.

Keep up with the great MOD, impressive work so far!

I dare say that’s because the bucket’s white and not dark grey

Will there just be a parts list and instructions for the backhoe boom?, I have already ordered your bucket from shapeways so I can’t wait to do the new boom

25 minutes ago, Richombx said:

Will there just be a parts list and instructions for the backhoe boom?, I have already ordered your bucket from shapeways so I can’t wait to do the new boom

The problem with the backhoe is that the Boom is much longer and with the standard motor setup it is much underpowered in lifting the boom.  So a instruction for only the boom makes not much Sense in my eyes. but when you can manage this by yourself.....

Ok, I can’t see myself really wanting to dig and really do hard work with it enough to be rebuilding the whole machine . I’m just keen to have the backhoe setup as it’s what we have here

A note to people wanting to document their 42100 modifications: all the specific new parts are now available in LDraw format (linear clutch, long LA and bucket ). Of course Control+ motors and hub are available too.

3 minutes ago, Richombx said:

Ok, I can’t see myself really wanting to dig and really do hard work with it enough to be rebuilding the whole machine . I’m just keen to have the backhoe setup as it’s what we have here

is a Stud.io file enough for you?

@Philo, thank you very much

I wouldn’t know sorry, I guess I just need to know what parts I need to order. I’ve seen what you have done for the mod face shovel boom and that is a fantastic set of instructions on rebrickable

hm, this would make two sets of instructions neccessary. Had thought to use the xl for the Bucket stick and two L for Raising the boom to avoid extra costs in buying electrics. Let me think about it.

I guess I’m happy to wait for the complete instructions even though I’d only just use the backhoe section to start. Would you itemize the part needed per section your modifying so just what ever section you choose to use could be ordered?

good news, the L And the XL are fitting both without changes on the structure, so the instruction would work for both.