SNIPE

42100 - Liebherr R 9800 - MODs and Improvements

The convention weekend is passed and the Liebherr has done many lifts. The Modified boom showed only one bug at the first Day: Two axles on the Bucket tilt drivetrain moved out, but this was easy to fix so i hd no problems at the second day. so i had 14 Hours of digging in two days.

48936359823_db0d722900_c.jpg

btw, a small group phot with two other 9800

48935548686_a23a1cd634_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

7 hours ago, efferman said:

so i had 14 Hours of digging in two days

How many battery packs was this?

On the first day i replaced the batterys in the upper box after 3 hours. At the second day accidently after 4hours and 30 minutes. I had not checked the running time. :roflmao: i was impressed how long the batteries (varta longlife max power) are running this.  After 7 hours my nokia was empty and tne digging had an end.

I have a question to you.

Do you would accept a not smooth running track when all electric parts would be in the upper carriage? This would make it possible to share the uppercarriage functions on both Hubs and reducing the load on the overlaod protection when working with all boom functions at the same time?

8 hours ago, efferman said:

Do you would accept a not smooth running track when all electric parts would be in the upper carriage?

Standard tracks are not very smooth already, ok for straight, but any turn and its clutch clicking town.

For the real machine, tracks are slow, but arm/bucket movements are fast, so the model is currently backwards anyway.

On 10/19/2019 at 9:16 PM, suffocation said:

Hi Igor, I got the DBG sprockets from Bricks&Pieces for €1.24 each.

Each sprocket is driven by 1 L motor geared down 8.34:1 (12->20, 8->24, 24->40).

Quite frankly I don't think I'm going to finish the model. I started building the superstructure with my spares (plus the only two XL actuators I could afford from B&P) and found it so dreadfully boring - probably the most tedious, unchallenging and uninspiring build I've ever come across. I studied the rest of the instructions and it doesn't seem to get any better, save maybe for the arm. Anyway, I got this far and it's as far as I'm willing to go.

Sorry for late reply,

1.24€ is decent price indeed (4.96€ total). L-motors have more mounting possibilities that XL if you do not mind that L-motor is 1 stud longer (which is causing me a bit of headaches)...I know that I'll finish my projects, but at the moment I'm researching something else than LEGO, but I think I'll redesign my Fastrac using 2 XL motors, Syn-trac will be powered by 2 L-motos...telehandler by 1-Lmotor and I'll se after that what to do with harvesters projects...

Look at bright side, you will be "collecting" some more experience before you concentrate on your crane project

Regards

Yes, only the last part on the picture, the yellow pin with pinhole is an error. they are included in the set.

On 10/10/2019 at 5:18 AM, efferman said:

Opinions about the new Boom?

48870553013_4293185198_c.jpg

Looks much better than the official lego version, though as someone put it in a review, the real excavator is ugly, it is not designed to be beautiful, just very efficient at its job.

I like the other liebherr model showing. What is the range of movement like have the extra joint in place?

Regarding the slow arm/bucket movements, pneumatics are faster than the actuators,right? or?

But is this model too big to use pneumatics?

On 10/20/2019 at 8:16 AM, suffocation said:

Hi Igor, I got the DBG sprockets from Bricks&Pieces for €1.24 each.

Each sprocket is driven by 1 L motor geared down 8.34:1 (12->20, 8->24, 24->40).

Quite frankly I don't think I'm going to finish the model. I started building the superstructure with my spares (plus the only two XL actuators I could afford from B&P) and found it so dreadfully boring - probably the most tedious, unchallenging and uninspiring build I've ever come across. I studied the rest of the instructions and it doesn't seem to get any better, save maybe for the arm. Anyway, I got this far and it's as far as I'm willing to go.

1280x811.jpg

Hi Suffocation. 

I am trying to locate the bricks&pieces shop. Is it on Bricklink? Also, why is it I cannot see any of your photos, I just get these huge Brick not found  jpgs instead. Makes following your posts a little difficult to see where you are coming from. I have been trying to find anyone selling the new longer Linear actuators, but so far with no look apart from lego.com itself, from whom I have ordered 2.

Thanks

Brian

15 minutes ago, Shiva said:

Regarding the slow arm/bucket movements, pneumatics are faster than the actuators,right? or?

But is this model too big to use pneumatics?

Pneumatics can be as fast as you like, but you’ll need to have a faster compressor to get any meaningful performance out of them.

28 minutes ago, efferman said:

In original it is to reduce space while moving.

Thanks for that, looks very like the real thing! :)

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

Pneumatics can be as fast as you like, but you’ll need to have a faster compressor to get any meaningful performance out of them.

Especially with the weight of this model, or any other large model. Also, the longer the "arm" you will be moving, the greater the forces running through the fulrcum, and hence the greater force required to run the pneumatic. Hence why hydraulics is preferred in the real world.

I have a question:

Is this digging depth enough?

48980626861_6432876db1_c.jpg

48980807277_2b5088cc06_c.jpg

edit:

48980905848_36e4f2b5f2_c.jpg

48981650552_7e8ec267b7_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

Looks deep enough to me.

But a little concerned with the bucket curl, seems not able to curl out enough to get a good scoop.